GDT: GDT #48 New York Islanders @ Montreal Canadiens | January 25th | 7:00 PM | F/4-3 L

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010
I actually think Palmieri has been fine, he’s streaky but he fits the first PP unit and even not scoring he plays hard. They need a better LW for that line though. My crazy idea last night was Huberdeau, half retained salary by Calgary and isles give them Engvall and Wahlstrom. Maybe playing for Roy inspires Huberdeau and he upgrades the top six. I have no idea what Huberdeau value is at this point so don’t know if that even works.
Oh Yeah, Wally and Pierre are enough to get Calgary to eat $5,250,000 per year for 5 more years . . .

God, PLEASE give me patience . . . they do not know . . .

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009
April 11th let's see what the reaction is.

I get that I am a neanderthal but this is where I hate the NHL now, dirty as f*** hit, no response from players because we need the comeback. We blow the comeback anyway and don't get the points and the NHL is a league now where there aren't tough guys/character guys/enforcers whatever so the NHL is the one to enforce 'punishment' and by most accounts from league wide response this should be 5+ but it's a phone call so it's max 5.

So we don't have an immediate response, we get no points and justice isn't served by the NHL. Players have an opportunity to handle it themselves in April but I'll go ahead and guess we don't respond because 'cooler heads' and we need the points in that game too.

Reactions: Ishkabible and MJF

Zeeker

Feb 15, 2016

I get that I am a neanderthal but this is where I hate the NHL now, dirty as f*** hit, no response from players because we need the comeback. We blow the comeback anyway and don't get the points and the NHL is a league now where there aren't tough guys/character guys/enforcers whatever so the NHL is the one to enforce 'punishment' and by most accounts from league wide response this should be 5+ but it's a phone call so it's max 5.

So we don't have an immediate response, we get no points and justice isn't served by the NHL. Players have an opportunity to handle it themselves in April but I'll go ahead and guess we don't respond because 'cooler heads' and we need the points in that game too.

Strummergas

Regular User
Sep 3, 2006
Queens, NY

I agree to an extent, but Gallagher was tossed. Who should they have gone after in his absence?

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com

Doubt will need the points in April with these incompetent dimwits on the ice.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
I bet you Engvall will be in the pressbox for a long time after this debacle.
Unless we bring in help on the wing, the replacements we have on hand for Engvall are a downgrade, brain fart and all.

I am all for healthy scratching Engvall for his mistake. The only problem is when he comes back in a game or 2 he is still the same Engvall. Lane scratched him for poor play and nothing changed in his game. Engvall is truly elite at avoiding contact and avoiding driving to the net
He'll be the same Engvall for another 6 years.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
I actually think Palmieri has been fine, he’s streaky but he fits the first PP unit and even not scoring he plays hard. They need a better LW for that line though. My crazy idea last night was Huberdeau, half retained salary by Calgary and isles give them Engvall and Wahlstrom. Maybe playing for Roy inspires Huberdeau and he upgrades the top six. I have no idea what Huberdeau value is at this point so don’t know if that even works.
The only reason I'm disappointed with Palmieri's production is that this is the year he's been healthy for us, and I expected with a full ride next to Nelson he'd be on a 25-30 goal pace. But Brock Nelson drives that line, and when he goes cold his linemates don't get scoring chances.

Tahoeblue

Nov 29, 2019
Reno/Tahoe
That's why Engvall is a healthy scratch. He's f***ing terrible. I never want to see him play again. His decision making is just god awful. These clowns don't belong in the playoffs.
Frustrating is an understatement. My observer opinion is that Engvall like many others on this team are playing too high in the lineup. Engvall should probably play on the third line. The issue is we have too many of those players. Bottom 6 players who should not be in the top 6. Skill on the wings is not good and our gm has gambled and came up short and the roster has limited flexibility due to contracts, term, and age.

I love what Lee does and he has been a good soldier. Right now he is the logical option on the top line but he is or will be another playing up too high in the lineup. We eventually may need to see if Ish can play in the NHL as others have mentioned. Not sure if he plays LW or C and where he would fit. Playing along the wall for him could be brutal. Holmstrom again in the future? I hope he turns into a Sharangovich(SP) clone. Gauthier?

Last night's results for other teams were favorable and a lost opportunity to earn some points. Now perhaps Pelech is out! Now we may continue to see our D play too high in the lineup as well.

Enjoy your weekend

Throttle

Sep 22, 2020

But it’s exciting with all the goals!

Nassau Revisited

Jun 16, 2017
The only reason I'm disappointed with Palmieri's production is that this is the year he's been healthy for us, and I expected with a full ride next to Nelson he'd be on a 25-30 goal pace. But Brock Nelson drives that line, and when he goes cold his linemates don't get scoring chances.
Palmieri only has 13 even strength points this year and is -15. He has been a huge negative during 5 on 5 play. At least we only have 1 more year left at his bloated salary.

Strummergas

Regular User
Sep 3, 2006
Queens, NY

He has been trying, so I'll give him credit for that. But he's really been ineffective.

Reactions: MarsTBOW and Lek

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad