GDT: GDT: #47| FLYERS at Islanders | Mon., Jan. 19, 2015| 1:00 PM ET (afternoon game, ET)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Broad Street Elite

Nov 9, 2011
Unless Emery didn't feel like going towards the post and giving him all the room in the world... which he did.

I'm not defending Emery at all, but there's a good chance that is a goal even if Emery tried (which he obviously didn't). I can give opponent's credit for a nice move, even while shaking my head at the effort of the Flyers player in the process.

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
Someone once stated that the one benefit of repeating the same errors is that we know when it is time to cringe. That said, we are seeing prime examples in the continuing erosion of basic play and patterns of wildly unnecessary actions which lead to pessimism and expectations of gloom.

gto64dr

Jan 15, 2012
Give us an interim now, worry about trying to land a big name after the season is over. Berube has no clue and Lappy has no experience. Times up, they've proven their not capable.

MorgantiDrinksBlood

Dec 26, 2011
Tokyo, Japan
[MOD] Giroux is a way better player than Tavares, guy hasn't even had a PPG full season yet. IMO he's barely top 20 player in the NHL, fringe.

Last edited by a moderator:

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
Someone once stated that the one benefit of repeating the same errors is that we know when it is time to cringe. That said, we are seeing prime examples in the continuing erosion of basic play and patterns of wildly unnecessary actions which lead to pessimism and expectations of gloom.

Usually when you see degredation in basic play and it doesn't show any form of actually getting better, it could be a combination of bad players rubbing off on the good players and the fact that some don't care too much.

BillDineen

Former Flyer / Extinct Dinosaur Advisor
Aug 9, 2009
He's fine as a 4-5 guy, his pairing has been the best this game. He's been clearing pucks on the PK and helping the puck get out of the zone at ES strength.

Guess you missed Therien highlight his turnover that directly led to a goal.

Qyburn

Apr 2, 2012
Allentown
[MOD] Giroux is a way better player than Tavares, guy hasn't even had a PPG full season yet. IMO he's barely top 20 player in the NHL, fringe.
I think you're right. I never actually bought it as being genuine when people would say Tavares is better. It's just something they need to hear/read themselves saying.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad