GDT: GDT #32 New York Islanders @ Washington Capitals | December 20th | 7:30 PM | F/3-2 OTL

Metnut

Jan 19, 2013
Nice third period. Wish they had gotten going earlier but it’s hard on second end of a B2B versus a well rested team.

So many 3v3 and shootout losses this year. Surely that’s a sign of a team with no hope to make a playoff run!

Reactions: Osakahaus

Tres Peleches

Johnny Turncoat
Jul 13, 2011
Nice third period. Wish they had gotten going earlier but it’s hard on second end of a B2B versus a well rested team.

So many 3v3 and shootout losses this year. Surely that’s a sign of a team with no hope to make a playoff run!
According to that “smart” guy Dom “refuses to take an” L. They arent

Reactions: Osakahaus

The Real JT

No diving allowed
Jul 2, 2018
Connecticut
One of my fave things around here is how some posters talk about "loser points" as if the Islanders are the only team who exist in this system. The entire League earns points this way.
I’d love to bank some more points in post-regulation hockey but regular season OT and shootout sessions are carnival games. That’s not real hockey. I still wish we were better at it though.

YearlyLottery

The Pooch Report
Feb 7, 2013
South Carolina
Completely disagree. Dobson was expecting a quick clean change. It took Pags forever to get off. Pageau had a horrific overtime.

I think it was just the case of a bad play all around. If Aho were to make that turnover he would be getting destroyed here. Dobson needed to know where everyone was but the puck likely should have been circled back around there.

Strummergas

Regular User
Sep 3, 2006
Queens, NY
I’d love to bank some more points in post-regulation hockey but regular season OT and shoot out sessions are carnival games. That’s not real hockey. I still wish we were better at it though.

Oh I completely agree. But again, the entire League is set up to earn points in this fashion, not just the Islanders.

Tres Peleches

Johnny Turncoat
Jul 13, 2011
Completely disagree. Dobson was expecting a quick clean change. It took Pags forever to get off. Pageau had a horrific overtime.
Then MOVE THE PUCK, even if it’s shooting the puck back towards your goaltender, you cannot skate to a spot along the wall and stop and stand there like a deer in headlights.

Pageau shouldn’t see the ice in OT anymore save for faceoff, sure, but the play Dobson made is bad no matter the time on the scoreboard or period

Reactions: Levi Walking Bear

IslandersGER

Dec 29, 2015
Deutschland
Our Golden Boy f***ed up, clear and simple. He'll learn from this and move on. It happens.
he clearly was out of gas, tanks were empty tonight. same with Barzal, Horvat, Nelson, the go to men were completely out of sync and not in good shape conditionally. Mentally they forced OT but that was all they could get. Let them rest until next game.

Reactions: PWJunior

Strummergas

Regular User
Sep 3, 2006
Queens, NY
Every time I think Barzal has taken next step...he takes a step back again.
He just kept turning it over tonight.

It seems to happen when the effort or energy of the team isn't where it needs to be. It's like he tries to do too much and forces plays, which of course results in turnovers.The way he's been playing lately, I feel like getting passed this is his final frontier.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad