GDT: GDT: [#3] Dallas Stars at Detroit Red Wings, 6:00 PM CST (FS-SW, ESPN+) - OK we got this edition

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Letting Mantha shoot wide open so much and taking 8 penalties really killed this game.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
f***

The team really doesnt look that bad but they need to stay out of the damn penalty box and the top guys need to show up. Only 3 games in but its already getting ridiculous. 3 very winnable games that we just let go

hairylikebear

///////////////
Apr 30, 2009
Houston
Just once I'd like this team to be coached by a guy who doesn't concede 2 bench minors and then yell at the refs over an icing.

brighteststars

Feb 11, 2014
Wow this one hurt bad. The penalty box parade and the finish (only one worse that I remember was the one in 17-18 against Bos when Pastrnak scored on us with around 1 second left) made this a tough loss.

Reactions: Henderson33

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Why the hell is Benn so invisible ? Doesn't even hit people or do anything else of notice. He gets his shifts he skates around and does nothing mostly.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven

The team really doesnt look that bad but they need to stay out of the damn penalty box and the top guys need to show up. Only 3 games in but its already getting ridiculous. 3 very winnable games that we just let go
What makes them look bad to me are the long stretches they have in these games where they create very little offense. They struggle to generate scoring chances.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
What makes them look bad to me are the long stretches they have in these games where they create very little offense. They struggle to generate scoring chances.

The worst things shifts where nothing happens mostly is when the guys who are paid the big bucks are out there. Why the can't creat a damn thing now ? No idea. The role players somehow can .

Sports2

smack my bisch up
Jul 1, 2018
Hard to win when you spend literally almost half the game in the penalty box.

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
The worst things shifts where nothing happens mostly is when the guys who are paid the big bucks are out there. Why the can't creat a damn thing now ? No idea. The role players somehow can .
Are we watching the same team

Hintz, Janmark, and Heiskanen are the only ones doing anything with any kind of consistency currently

Reactions: mc3488

brighteststars

Feb 11, 2014
It's frustrating cause some guys are giving it all and playing well. We're being carried by Roope, Miro, and goaltending. Benn and Rads have been brutal so far. Seguin was better today but still expecting more from him.

Sports2

smack my bisch up
Jul 1, 2018
Theoretically enough losses in a row could trigger change early enough to salvage the season. We’re obviously all quite tired of the same old song and dance. Most of these complaints would look right at home in most of the gdts in the last couple seasons

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Also Janmark was not exactly penciled on to play an actual role on the team but as 4th line winger who gets traded. Well now he's one of the only players who has played really well in all three games.

Reactions: Smelling Salt

serp

Jan 17, 2016
I also have no idea what the actual gameplan . Too much chip/dump and chase AGAIN. They stopped doing that mostly in the playoffs and now its back again and its bad again. Only goaltending has not been as stellar . So the bad offensive now kills the teams.

Reactions: mc3488

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad