GDT: GDT: [#3] Dallas Stars at Detroit Red Wings, 6:00 PM CST (FS-SW, ESPN+) - OK we got this edition

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
You guys are looking at this all wrong.
We're breaking records here

The first time since the franchise moved to Dallas that they've started a season 0-3
We're in the record books baby

brighteststars

Feb 11, 2014
I also have no idea what the actual gameplan . Too much chip/dump and chase AGAIN. They stopped doing that mostly in the playoffs and now its back again and its bad again. Only goaltending has not been as stellar . So the bad offensive now kills the teams.
Yeah I'd agree with that. If you dump it in, you better be able to retrieve it and Dal has failed to retrieve the puck off dumps and have just been giving away possession. I'd want them to try and bring the puck over the line with control but they probably won't change it up.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Feels worth noting and also is likely cause of all the penalties and the close game, but Gurianov didn't play in the 3rd. Think he only got one shift after that turnover he had in the O zone and only played 7 minutes. Fedun also only played 8 minutes and Cogliano 9

TOI was a little screwed up for everyone though obviously so this isnt surprising

serp

Jan 17, 2016
By the way when the team is actually desperate because they're behind and barely any time is left. Suddenly they stop the dump and NOT chase and randomly look like an actual dangerous team again. For some dumb reason they don't play that way when they don't chase the damn score. Maybe play a bit more risky offensively please ?

There's too many old legs on the team for dump and chase hockey for crying out loud .

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
You guys are looking at this all wrong.
We're breaking records here

The first time since the franchise moved to Dallas that they've started a season 0-3
We're in the record books baby

Just preparing us for a better Cup win story

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
That was the most frustrating game I’ve seen in a long time. Funniest part of the game wasn’t seeing Khudobin stare down Mantha after he had already scored three times and then he gets scored on again lmao

MilesNewton

Jul 7, 2019
Whats with Seguin? Yes he did have that goal but he never seems to be very much involved in the action. I guess we always expect more from Benn and Seguin but Hintz is by far the best player on the team to date.

Smelling Salt

Busey is life
Mar 8, 2006
Winnipeg
To me Seguin is being Seguin. Like any goalscorer he is streaky. And he's a centre who is a goal scorer who doesn't really drive or create plays (at least according to my eye test) and relies more on the chemistry he has with Rads and Benn and also the PP. Since Benn is loafing around the perimeter he isn't being much help. And of course he was just outright taken off his line as well. Rads is skating and doing his thing, but deferring too much when he should be shooting. But the lines are being juggled too, so...

BfantZ

Jun 22, 2017
To me Seguin is being Seguin. Like any goalscorer he is streaky. And he's a centre who is a goal scorer who doesn't really drive or create plays (at least according to my eye test) and relies more on the chemistry he has with Rads and Benn and also the PP. Since Benn is loafing around the perimeter he isn't being much help. And of course he was just outright taken off his line as well. Rads is skating and doing his thing, but deferring too much when he should be shooting. But the lines are being juggled too, so...
Honestly , I think he needs to go back to the wing primarily . Back when we had that really good year with ruff , he was always getting hit with that east west pass from Benn . Playing centre just keeps him to low in the play and takes away from his offence . I’d like to see pavs or Benn centre the first line , for more than a period .

Reactions: MilesNewton

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->