GDT: GDT #1 Ducks @ Penguins

Status
Not open for further replies.

2faded

Jul 3, 2009
Torrance, CA
Putting Kesler with Cogs and Silf is such a waste of his offense. When Heatley and Palms come back our depth will improve.

Heatley-Getz-Perry
Maroon-Kesler-Palmieri/Cogs
Silf-Karlsson-Palmieri/Cogs
Beleskey-Thompson-Jackman/DSP

I also think Cam would be so much better with a better partner. We will win nothing with Lovejoy on the top pairing. But, there really isn't any other option atm. The only way to have a possible top pairing would be...

Fowler-Lindholm
Beauch-Vatanen
Stoner-Lovejoy

Not so sure about that D lineup. We need an upgrade.

Overall, what I took from the game is that we will be a better team than last year but everyone needs time to gel. Other than Rakell, I think we have upgraded our centers big time.

TheJoeMan

In Bob We Trust
He had help on the backside. He should have stepped up. Its Crosby not Joe Thornton. He's not going to pass 10/10. He's obviously got an elite shot.

No he didn't. Vatanen was still behind on the play and Hornqvist and Dupuis each had position on him not to mention Malkin behind wide open on the far side. If Stoner plays the shot, Crosby has two passing options with Gibson having to go post-to-post which was how goals three and five were scored. Not to mention that whole play doesn't happen if Sami doesn't play the puck with his skate rather than his stick.

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
No he didn't. Vatanen was still behind on the play and Hornqvist and Dupuis each had position on him not to mention Malkin behind wide open on the far side. If Stoner plays the shot, Crosby has two passing options with Gibson having to go post-to-post which was how goals three and five were scored. Not to mention that whole play doesn't happen if Sami doesn't play the puck with his skate rather than his stick.

agreed. The defender has to take the pass away first and foremost. Otherwise it's a pass and tap with an empty net to shoot in.

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
Everyone didn't really play their games, Gibby?

You forget Corey Perry is on your team? Guy looks like himself last night.

It is refreshing to hear Gibby say something like that though. On to the next one i guess. Excited to see Andersen.

I think Gibson was referring to the team as a whole, and not looking at individual players. It's hard to argue with him on that count.

Jul 22, 2012
I hate when we lose, but I gotta say; I'm happy that our big guns are firing. We will destroy Detroit if they keep it up and we get some goaltending.

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
While the kid line as a whole was bad, it should be remembered that the one good opportunity that they gave the team came when Smith-Pelly drew a penalty when the score was 3-3. I'm not saying he did a fantastic job, but it isn't the 'everything he does is terrible' narrative that is currently zipping around this thread.

If I'm not mistaken, he also led a nice 3 on 2 shorthanded break where he set up Beauch for a good one timer. He's definitely shown talent, he just needs to be way more consistent.

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
Wild Bill.....

Wanted_0020_Hickok_0020_500.jpg

BTW, there is no truth to the rumor that Wild Bill Hickok later went through life disguised as David Crosby.

Finnpin

"internet"
Oct 10, 2005
Helsinki
My cable box recorder is close to meet my FIST OF FURY. About 50% of my recordings today didn't work. So this game is a miss.

broman

Mar 9, 2003
HEL's antechamber
My cable box recorder is close to meet my FIST OF FURY. About 50% of my recordings today didn't work. So this game is a miss.

Wbox? No wonder. :sarcasm:

You should make sure you're running the latest firmware, though. It can help. But the main problem apparently is that the Pejorative Slured Linux hack that runs the box does not fsck in any shape or form. So the file system will just happily deteriorate with use until eventually it starts to trip over itself. Solution? Format disk, and no, there is no way to make a backup of your recordings.

Sean Garrity

Quack Quack Quack!
Dec 25, 2007
Dee Eff UU
People expecting anything more from Stoner then what he did last night will be sorely disappointed. That said, he was brought in to play the exact role he played last night.

getzforfighting*

Im excited to see Andersen earn the net that probably should already be his tomorrow. Beyond all the Gibson hype I felt Freddie has been the more calm goalie for me personally to watch in the net. I trust the heck out of him.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Stoner is what he is - a decent third pairing defenseman. I have no issue with him in that role. The contract sucks but he was fine against the Pens. Wouldn't go as far as saying he was our best defenseman (I'd probably give that to Lindholm) but he was sufficient in the role he played.

Am I the only one that though Beauchemin looked better than he did last year? I see he's been given some criticism but I thought he and Lindholm did fine as a pairing. Lindholm has definitely lost some speed, probably in the process of bulking up too quickly as he looks huge out there now.

Exit Dose

Jul 2, 2011
Georgia
He's definitely not in the form he was in 2013, but he's looked better than last season in every game that I've seen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad