GDT 04-08-2016 CBJ vs. Buffalo Sabres

aRussian

Oct 21, 2007
Ohio
We're kinda stuck with our cap situation

Thus why I don't feel good about it. The current FO has a big hand in us being tied up with so much dead weight. They might as well mean literal "bricks" with our team. Screw up draft position, not hopeful about changing personnel in offseason. Rinse and repeat is all I'm feeling right now.

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011
Was shocked to hear Hartnell's name tonight...I thought we traded him at the deadline since I have not noticed him on the ice in weeks!

Korpi putting on a clinic tonight!

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
Our draft position will be fine , and with the steps a lot of young players made this year. And an actual good coach , I'm optimistic for next season . Will be interesting to see which assistants Torts replaces, and with whom

KlichkoBro*

Wenns gets his 30th assist on Saad's 30th goal.
And Bjork extends his point streak to 4 games, he's got 8 points in 12 NHL games. Kukan looks good. They might improve from within.

DJA

over the horizon radar
Sponsor
Apr 17, 2002
Beyond the Infinite
Our draft position will be fine , and with the steps a lot of young players made this year. And an actual good coach , I'm optimistic for next season . Will be interesting to see which assistants Torts replaces, and with whom

I am of this opinion as well. This was just a bizarre season form the start. We have some serious young talent for once, to go with some good vets and goal scorers (Saad, Atkinson, Jenner), and guys who had disappointing seasons that I expect to rebound (Foligno, Bob). Throw in one of the top 3 forwards in the draft and I think we will be much better.

Jenner-Matthews/Dubinsky-Atkinson
Saad-Wennberg/Dubinsky-Laine/Pulju/Bjorkstrand
Hartnell-Wennberg/Karlsson-Foligno
Calvert-Karlsson-Anderson
Campbell/Clarkson

Last edited:

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
There are currently 23 players in the NHL with 30 goals and #CBJ have two of them in Brandon Saad & Boone Jenner. Both aged 23-under.

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011
How did Saad score 30 goals this season? Hawks fans said he was a product of playing for the Hawks and wouldn't be as productive in Columbus.

Johansen2Foligno

CBJ Realest
Jan 2, 2015
We are going to finish the season 3-0-0! Great momentum to start next year

dean-scream-o.gif

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
How did Saad score 30 goals this season? Hawks fans said he was a product of playing for the Hawks and wouldn't be as productive in Columbus.

They'll still say that, even with those stats.:shakehead

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
I'm fairly certain Torts will go with Bob tomorrow...but how much of a statement would it be to Bob if Korpi got the start tomorrow. It would signal for the first time since Mason was here that he wasn't for sure the #1 guy going into next year. I think it'll be Bob, so this is all moot, but could you imagine?

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Wenns gets his 30th assist on Saad's 30th goal.
And Bjork extends his point streak to 4 games, he's got 8 points in 12 NHL games. Kukan looks good. They might improve from within.

It is a near certainty.

There are currently 23 players in the NHL with 30 goals and #CBJ have two of them in Brandon Saad & Boone Jenner. Both aged 23-under.

Those would be two of the youngest guys on that list. Also the top goal scorers for team North America (tied with Toffoli and Gaudreau).

Sorry for violating the no-optimism rule.

KlichkoBro*

Those would be two of the youngest guys on that list. Also the top goal scorers for team North America (tied with Toffoli and Gaudreau).
Toffoli is not eligible for the team NA. He was drafted same year with Seguin and Johansen and will be 24 when the tournament starts.
Interesting that both Jackets 30-goals scorers were selected in the 2nd round of 2011 draft, Gaudreau was a 4th round pick that year. And another 30-goals scorer from that draft Kucherov was also a 2nd round pick.
There's no more 30 goals scorers among all the eligible for the team NA players. So much for the top picks hyping.

Last edited by a moderator:

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Toffoli is not eligible for the team NA. He was drafted same year with Seguin and Johansen and will be 24 when the tournament starts.
Interesting that both Jackets 30-goals scorers were selected in the 2nd round of 2011 draft, Gaudreau was a 4th round pick that year. And another 30-goals scorer from that draft Kucherov was also a 2nd round pick.
There's no more 30 goals scorers among all the eligible for the team NA players. So much for the top picks hyping.

Ah, even better. 2 of the 3 top goal scorers for Team North America.

Dr. Fire

What, me worry?
Jun 29, 2007
Jacketstown, Ohio
Here is the issue for this season.

DEFENSE, DEFENSE, DEFENSE!!!

CBJ have scored 214 goals going into their last game. This puts them middle of the pack.

However, they have given up 248 goals. Only Calgary has given up more goals , and Edmonton has given up 7 fewer.

Now in my book, there is no way Bob, Korpi, or even CMac are so bad that that is all on them. The problem for this team this season has been defense, and that is where JD, and JK need to start their fix. Sadly, re-signing Prout doesn't make me confident they will get it done. His +3 last night was an anomaly. Only thing I can figure is Torts really believes he can fix that guy.

And as far as the game goes......Meh.

I am typing this as it snows like hell outside. :(

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad