OT: Gay-LGBT Thread

Jan 21, 2011
Massachusetts
I had a friend come out to me around the summer of last year, apparently he had been hiding it for about a decade. Alberta sadly isn't as accepting of this lifestyle as we'd like, but we're moving forward.

It should always be like that.

I grew up in a religious upbringing, and was taught to always respect one another. Even now, it doesn't matter who you are, or what you are. I respect (and honestly don't care) what your affiliation is

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
It should always be like that.

I grew up in a religious upbringing, and was taught to always respect one another. Even now, it doesn't matter who you are, or what you are. I respect (and honestly don't care) what your affiliation is
I agree, although I have been guilty of not respecting people of different sexual orientation when I was much younger. But back in those days we assumed (thanks to misinformation) that every homosexual was spreading AIDS and they were people to be persecuted.

Today I really don't care what anyone's sexual orientation is, they're free to be the way they want to be. The world is at least a little more tolerant than it was when I was a teenager but you'll always get types that shun anyone different from them and use "religion" as an excuse.

Jan 21, 2011
Massachusetts
I agree, although I have been guilty of not respecting people of different sexual orientation when I was much younger. But back in those days we assumed (thanks to misinformation) that every homosexual was spreading AIDS and they were people to be persecuted.

That probably pales to comparison to what kids (mostly boys) were doing back then. Do kids still use 'gay' or 'f*g' to insult each other? Those words were thrown around effortlessly with no hesitation back when i was in elementary/middle school/high school

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
That probably pales to comparison to what kids (mostly boys) were doing back then. Do kids still use 'gay' or 'f*g' to insult each other? Those words were thrown around effortlessly with no hesitation back when i was in elementary/middle school/high school
I definitely remember a lot of "Gaylord" being used when I was young. As for now, tough to say, it would depend on the kid and what their parents taught them.

Shaquille Oatmeal

Tier 2 Fan
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2015
Yeah, those words will probably always be used in the schoolyard, places like that for the shock value. It's not right but 99% of the time I doubt there's any actual harm intended. The way kids talk to eachother online playing COD is unreal.

My daughter thought it was hilarious that I call these candies 'gay bacon'... she literally lol'd:
61LZWNrSM-L.jpg

It all depends on how you use certain words.

She has a pretty good sense of humor, mind you, and obviously no harm intended. These fricken candies are dangerous though. They're too delicious. I'll eat the whole pack if I don't restrain myself.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad