OT: Gay-LGBT Thread

pseudoreality

Jan 10, 2017
Congrats on being proud and supportive. I am curious if you knew and if so, at what age did you suspect? My daughters are 4 and 8, and I am always curious about what the future holds. The eight-year-old always talks about boys she has crushes on, which I find funny. I don't recall paying attention to the opposite sex at that age.

Reactions: Shaquille Oatmeal

Shaquille Oatmeal

Tier 2 Fan
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2015
Congrats on being proud and supportive. I am curious if you knew and if so, at what age did you suspect? My daughters are 4 and 8, and I am always curious about what the future holds. The eight-year-old always talks about boys she has crushes on, which I find funny. I don't recall paying attention to the opposite sex at that age.
I started to suspect that she was gay around the age of 15. She's absolutely stunning like her mom but didn't really start showing interest in boys as much her peers. Awesome for me because I didn't have to deal with the stress of her dating at a young age. Her cousin (same age also very pretty) was completely different. Little party animal and always had interest in boys after the pubescent stage.

She's also very acedemic and very strict compared to her younger siblings... But I think that's just a personality trait. Lol

Geardedandbearded

May 29, 2019
People in my generation just buried that so good for her! Keep up the support, she’ll love you for it. There’s always room for LGBT+ in hockey.
upload_2022-2-5_11-23-10.jpeg

Shaquille Oatmeal

Tier 2 Fan
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2015
Proof that God is in fact good.

Congrats on you an your family being able to be comfortable and love on eachother in such an open and caring way
Thanks bro. I appreciate that.

O/t but... Are you in the convoy? I know you're a trucker and you were concerned about vaccinations and crossing the border.

Reactions: yukoner88

ujju2

Apr 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
No experience here so I'll just say good on you for not just supporting her for who she is but also actively seeking others with similar experiences. And of course, congratulations to her!

Reactions: Shaquille Oatmeal

yukoner88

Dec 16, 2009
Dawson City, YT
Thanks bro. I appreciate that.

O/t but... Are you in the convoy? I know you're a trucker and you were concerned about vaccinations and crossing the border.

No I'm not in the convoy.

I was caught up in it last week when they were going through Ontario and a good chunk of them were actually being quite obnoxious which left a sour taste in my mouth. I won't rant on it any further.

Shaquille Oatmeal

Tier 2 Fan
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2015
No I'm not in the convoy.

I was caught up in it last week when they were going through Ontario and a good chunk of them were actually being quite obnoxious which left a sour taste in my mouth. I won't rant on it any further.
Fair enough.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
People in my generation just buried that so good for her! Keep up the support, she’ll love you for it. There’s always room for LGBT+ in hockey.View attachment 505071

Mikayla Demaiter. Chatham Ontario goalie that gave up goaltending to be a pro model and having good exposure doing that. Rumor had it she had poor rebound control anyway...;) Good thing, I'd get a high sticking penalty every time..

I've featured her here before in my hockey scouting reports.

Hey, I grew up on Benny Hill/Carry On type humor. What better can be expected from me?

I support people of any persuasion and I really approve of that padding.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Comment to the thread that I feel that the concept of "coming out" as long as that exists, still suggests that there is some different perception about sexual relations. For instance hetero individuals don't "come out" with it. They just start having interest. just food for thought.

Shaquille Oatmeal

Tier 2 Fan
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2015
Mikayla Demaiter. Chatham Ontario goalie that gave up goaltending to be a pro model and having good exposure doing that. Rumor had it she had poor rebound control anyway...;) Good thing, I'd get a high sticking penalty every time..

I've featured her here before in my hockey scouting reports.

Hey, I grew up on Benny Hill/Carry On type humor. What better can be expected from me?

I support people of any persuasion and I really approve of that padding.
You earned extra points for that zinger. Lol

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
You earned extra points for that zinger. Lol

Not with the wife I didn't. I've got a weekend misconduct penalty now and we're snowbound and only the All Satire game is on. ;)

That said there was a few zingers in the post.

lol that I posted this gal up here when there was crackdown on bouncies. But with her I could say it was On topic in prospects threads and in goalie search PGT's I mean she was on topic, now being a model, not as much... I still wonder how she spotted any pucks around her...its possible her line of vision was blocked..

Shaquille Oatmeal

Tier 2 Fan
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2015
Good for you for being a good father to her. It is always heartbreaking to hear when families turn their backs on their kids, grandkids, etc. because of their orientation.
Thank you. I thought I would throw it out there so people that are unsure about discussing it feel a little more comfortable and know they have support.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad