Confirmed with Link: Gauthier recalled from CLT

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
I don't feel like Foegele's been that bad given his playing time and deployment. If you had to pick one forward who's not pulling his weight, it's probably McGinn. Can't get mad at him for being overslotted but I do have to wonder if Goat would not be a better fit in the top 6.

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
Goat has deserved to be with the big club.
West Coast swing coming up.
Good move by the 'Canes.

X2gLNrc4_bigger.jpg
Brett Finger‏ @brett_finger 4h4 hours ago

Brett Finger Retweeted Carolina Hurricanes
Julien Gauthier's first NHL call-up. He followed up his eye-opening preseason with 2 goals
in as many games to open the season with the Checkers. Canes now have 21 players
on the roster (13 F, 6 D, 2 G).

Last edited:

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
Unless Martinook is feeling the effects of the open ice hit from Tuesday, McGinn or Foegele would be the candidates to sit.

Foegele isn’t playing terribly but I don’t think he is quintessential Canes player it was to start last season.

McGinn is a big PKer but Rod has been playing a lot of folks on the PK. Granted that’s because we are taking a ton of penalties. He is out of his element on the Staal line. He can move down to the 4th line.

With Svech showing a stronger defensive game, we can afford to give him a stronger offensive game line mate. Gauthier is the guy.

I know we typically carry extra bodies on a road trip but, I can’t see Gauthier as the addition unless he was going to play. I wonder if TVR is available by then as well as an emergency.

DougieSmash

WE'RE IN! WE'RE IN! YES! YES! WOO!
Jan 2, 2009
Seems sorta left-fieldish, but ok.

Staal
Foegele
Aho
Turbo
Martinook
Haula

I think we’d get along just fine on the PK without McGinn.
You can add Wallmark to the list but as of now Brindy use McGinn more on the PK than Marty and Foegele. Not to mention, McGinn was our primary PK-er in the playoffs. No way he sits because Gauthier rofl.

Reactions: Unsustainable

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 1