Confirmed with Link: Gauthier recalled from CLT

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
Ok, while you two dance around trying to figure out whose thread stays....why was he called up and who is not playing? Rod usually doesn’t sit guys when the team is winning.

My bet is Foegele is going to see the press box soon.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Potential reasons:
1.Back to back games on Friday/Saturday so Rod wants a fresh set of legs in the lineup for the second game.
2. As mentioned earlier, maybe somebody (Wallmark) is banged up.
3. Reward for Gauthier, keeping his morale up after a good camp.
4. RBA doesn’t like someone’s play and is sending a message.
4. Showcasing Goat for an upcoming trade.

I’d guess 1 or 2 and maybe a little bit of 3

Anton Babchuk

Nov 3, 2005
Raleigh-Durham
twitter.com
Potential reasons:
1.Back to back games on Friday/Saturday so Rod wants a fresh set of legs in the lineup for the second game.
2. As mentioned earlier, maybe somebody (Wallmark) is banged up.
3. Reward for Gauthier, keeping his morale up after a good camp.
4. RBA doesn’t like someone’s play and is sending a message.
4. Showcasing Goat for an upcoming trade.

I’d guess 1 or 2 and maybe a little bit of 3
it's also possible that he doesn't play. though i guess that #3 could include that possibility. we called up patrick brown like 8 times without playing him just to have an extra forward.

spockBokk

Sep 8, 2013
I think it’s a mix of Wallmark not being 100% and also the fact that Gauthier should have made the opening night roster over a guy like Foegele based on the camp he had. I tend to think it’s more likely Wallmark is experiencing some issues today from being pile-driven into the ice headfirst vs. RBA actually scratching a guy like Foegele for lackluster play.

Either way, great for Gauthier to finally get into NHL action...hopefully...

TheReelChuckFletcher

Former TheRillestPaulFenton; Harverd Alum
Jun 30, 2011
Raleigh and Chapel Hill, NC
I think it’s a mix of Wallmark not being 100% and also the fact that Gauthier should have made the opening night roster over a guy like Foegele based on the camp he had. I tend to think it’s more likely Wallmark is experiencing some issues today from being pile-driven into the ice headfirst vs. RBA actually scratching a guy like Foegele for lackluster play.

Either way, great for Gauthier to finally get into NHL action...hopefully...

Waivers-exemption is a bitch, but he'll get a full-time spot next year, I'm pretty sure. Foegele's too good to be waived despite his slow start, and Necas just barely edged him out in camp.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad