Gaudreau vs. Eichel vs. Barkov vs. Scheifele

Gaudreau

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Hokinaittii

Aug 15, 2015
Barkov and Eichel are quite close to each other. Eichel no doubt has the offence over Barkov but I think Barkov's elite defensive game evens that out quite a bit.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Eichel is Ppg so far, and is the literary the only one on his team who can score at even strength all the offence on the sabres runs through him I'm really surprised the sabres have even won some games with how everyone else has been playing . Eichel Not close

Barkov is superior without the puck vs Eichel.

I'd likely take Barkov, Scheifele as close 2nd. Scheifele is a bit of a weird one, I don't see him taking over games like that by himself but he keeps producing game after game.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
This is a tough one. Gaudreau is the easy elimination. But the other three are all top young #1 Centers and it's hard to go wrong with any of them. Pick a flavour.

Eichel has maybe the highest upside offensively, but comes with the most questionmarks and hasn't established himself as firmly as the other two.

Barkov comes with the best two-way play and arguably the most ability to completely take over a particular game, but may not have quite the same overall offensive output and has had some injury problems.

Scheifele is kinda the darkhorse who doesn't come with any particular wow factor, but just consistently gets results and does a little bit of everything well. The most well-rounded of them.

I'm kinda inclined to go with Scheifele. There's a nice balance there, along with an already decent and still growing track record of established top tier play. But i certainly wouldn't deride anyone for choosing either of the other two instead.

Snowsii

Jan 6, 2014
Eichel is Ppg so far, and is the literary the only one on his team who can score at even strength all the offence on the sabres runs through him I'm really surprised the sabres have even won some games with how everyone else has been playing . Eichel Not close
You could switch Eichel with Barkov, and this text would match also.

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Between Eichel and Barkov. Two of the best young centres in the league.
I went Eichel in part because of the huge upside.
It will be fun to watch he and McDavid duel it out for a lot of years.

Cats2TheCup

Oct 27, 2011
Miami, Fl
When healthy, I like Barkov the most. His offense might be a little worse but he affects the game in so many ways. Like taking Kopitar over Seguin for me. Eichel could prove to be too good offensively for it to matter, but I wouldn't take him just yet.
Barkov with a 4pt game tonight. That's about as good as it gets in this league for offense, no?

Cats2TheCup

Oct 27, 2011
Miami, Fl
We're judging players on one game now? Every other player here has a better top end season than him in terms of PPG.

LOL. Lemme get this straight. A guy who had a four point night tonight is not good at offense and should not be judged by his performance? Did you not judge Matthews when he played his first nhl game? I absolutely can judge a player by a game. Did you tell people not to judge mcdavid when they first saw him? Lol.

Cats2TheCup

Oct 27, 2011
Miami, Fl
And? I would bet, that Barkov is the key component in that line..

Why don't you give Eichel the slowest and oldest player in the league for a couple seasons and we'll see what he can do with him.

Edit, this was meant for the guy you responded to, sorry.

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
lol barkov is with dadonov and huberdeau
Eichels with kane and pominville

barkov for sure has the better linemates

what about when Barkov was with Jagr and Huberdeau was hurt, he was scoring at a good rate

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
LOL. Lemme get this straight. A guy who had a four point night tonight is not good at offense and should not be judged by his performance? Did you not judge Matthews when he played his first nhl game? I absolutely can judge a player by a game. Did you tell people not to judge mcdavid when they first saw him? Lol.

If you want to judge a player based on single game production, be my guest. But you shouldn't be the one laughing

Cats2TheCup

Oct 27, 2011
Miami, Fl
If you want to judge a player based on single game production, be my guest. But you shouldn't be the one laughing

How many games do you think I have seen Barkov play? How many games did it take you to realize Matthews would be good at scoring goals in the NHL?

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
How many games do you think I have seen Barkov play? How many games did it take you to realize Matthews would be good at scoring goals in the NHL?

I would suggest a number, but based on your reading comprehension I'm not sure you can count that high

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad