Speculation: Gaudreau seeking $8M annually on new deal with Flames

Status
Not open for further replies.

East Coast Icestyle

Mar 6, 2015
Nova Scotia, Canada
So now Little Johnny, is a Patty Kane? He has not proven himself to be, next someone will bring up Martin St. Louis, even though Johnny is nothing like Martin.

Nobody is saying they have the exact same skill. Dumbies keep bringing up size though. What's Patrick Kane? You know he's not 5'11, more like 5'9. And he wasn't even up to 170 for like, his first 3 years.

Size is not an issue, this is a different league than 30 years ago while you guys are still obsessed with 'old time hockey' and think the game was better and more refined, right?

Size is only an issue if you make it one. Johnny doesn't. Kane doesn't. Johnson doesn't. Hell, Giroux isn't very big. Even a 5'6 less skilled Gerbe carving out a little career. People need to get over this ****.

RedHot

Fire Dave Cameron (Fired)**
Aug 6, 2014
Calgary
So now Little Johnny, is a Patty Kane? He has not proven himself to be, next someone will bring up Martin St. Louis, even though Johnny is nothing like Martin.

Keep on moving the goalposts when your argument gets thrown out the window there buddy

Johnnybegood13

Jul 11, 2003
Don't say this to any Calgary fans.....they ganged up on me like a pack of wolves, for saying the same thing. :laugh:
Do you ever stop? what is your infatuation with Gaudreau's size?

Did some lightweight beat you up and steal your candy as a kid.

Gaudreau has proven since he was 9 years old that he could be a star player despite being the smallest.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
http://www.calgarysun.com/2016/09/18/patrick-kane-marvels-at-johnny-gaudreaus-abilities

Anyone who has followed Johnny Gaudreau’s career is keenly aware of the comparisons to his idol, Patrick Kane.

What they don’t know is Kane not only sees the similarities, he sees a few attributes he wished he possessed.

“I guess everyone wants to say we’re similar players because of our size and we’re both guys that produce offence, but he does some things I wish I could do,” said Chicago’s three-time Stanley Cup winner.

“He’s a guy that’s just unbelievable on his edges – a little bit like (Blackhawks teammate Artemi) Panarin in that sense, where he can turn on a dime and lose his defenceman pretty quick. He’s such a good skater that even though he’s a smaller player he doesn’t really find himself getting caught in bad situations where he can get hit or knocked off the puck.

“What an entertaining player to watch. He’s one of the few players around the league where you could go to a hockey game and pay just to see that one player.”

Beninho*

Mar 19, 2016
Do you ever stop? what is your infatuation with Gaudreau's size?

Did some lightweight beat you up and steal your candy as a kid.

Gaudreau has proven since he was 9 years old that he could be a star player despite being the smallest.

He's jealous the Canucks have no young player that is even close to being elite. Jealousy at its finest

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014

Calgary wouldn't trade Gaudreau for the entire Canucks roster.

Not Sure

Feb 8, 2016
Buffalo
Im not sure what the point of this is. Crosby is a better hockey player than Kane, he wasnt as good of a point scorer last year.

Just was pointing out that Crosby is still considered best player in the world despite Kane's year. It was for the poster saying Kane was considered the best player in the world, he wasn't.

Amadeus

Stand Witness
Jun 21, 2004
Toronto
This guy deserves his 8 million based on talent. He is a franchise player. I'd have him at 8 than Stammer right now TBH.

East Coast Icestyle

Mar 6, 2015
Nova Scotia, Canada
HAHA That's me, jealous of the Flames. Like I said, I am not a fan of a figure skater, who scores goals.....I would take a Kopitar without batting an eye, for the money Johnny wants.

That's funny, cause kopitar is getting paid 10 million.

What is your problem with 'figure skating'

Do you hate every good skater in the league? I take it you hate Stamkos, Skinner, Kessel, etc because they skate good and score goals (the object of the game)

Maybe you're just jealous that you don't know how to skate? Is you obsession with size due to overcompensation as well?

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
HAHA That's me, jealous of the Flames. Like I said, I am not a fan of a figure skater, who scores goals.....I would take a Kopitar without batting an eye, for the money Johnny wants.

The Canucks don't have a Kopitar either.

:laugh:

vannuckles

DieBettmanDie
Apr 27, 2010
Vancouver Island B.C
That's funny, cause kopitar is getting paid 10 million.

What is your problem with 'figure skating'

Do you hate every good skater in the league? I take it you hate Stamkos, Skinner, Kessel, etc because they skate good and score goals (the object of the game)

Maybe you're just jealous that you don't know how to skate? Is you obsession with size due to overcompensation as well?

I used Kopitar as an example of the type of player I would give the biggest contract in team history for.

I have never knocked him on how talented he is, He is a great offensive player, no doubt. :)

My only concern would be his size.

I actually figure skated when I was younger, to learn how to skate properly. It does not mean I want a "superstar" ? player (most expensive player on my team) as soft as Johnny. Size DOES matter in hockey, and I am content with myself, thanks. Skinner is another player I would not throw big money at, he is already injury prone. Love Stammer though. And Phil, just because he trolled the US team like he did.

All you guys that think size is not a big deal, can tell me I am wrong all you want. I am cool with that. It is my opinion, that's all. I will admit I was wrong about him, after he has a deep run, and can show he can handle the playoffs (against a heavy team). No offense meant here guys. Just stating what my opinion was.

I am getting people upset, because I think size does matter in the NHL.

Maybe I am old school in opinion, on what kind of hockey I enjoy (I did love Bure though). I guess the game is changing, and I need to get on board with the new NHL. Perhaps I am a dying breed of fan, which is good for all of you.

I hope you guys sign him for 8+ and long term.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad