Confirmed with Link: Gaudette on waivers, claimed by Ottawa

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
Keep Connelly with Reichel
I'd actually call up that whole line and waive Strome. Send down plugs like Reese Johnson and Hardman.

I don't think that they can call up Connolly foeunless Strome gets claimed on waivers. (Cap)

Btw I'd bet if the Hawks waived Strome Ottawa would claim him too.

Last edited:

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
Stupid though, because I think he actually can be something in this league and the reason we waived him is because ....Derek King doesn't know him? What the f***.

Fortyfives

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2011
They gave up Highmore for him. In other words, they gave up nothing.
It’s just terrible with the players that are on this roster who mean nothing to the hawks future. At least he has some upside as little as it could be.

Giovi

Sponsor
Feb 1, 2009
It’s just terrible with the players that are on this roster who mean nothing to the hawks future. At least he has some upside as little as it could be.
He's a guy who, if he's not contributing offensively, offers nothing. He's a bad fit on the 4th, and couldn't establish himself anywhere else. And they gave up a guy who was easily replaced, to get him. It's really not the catastrophe you're making it out to be.

Reactions: Brightwing

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Wow what a cool guess little buddy lol, what on earth are you talking about? What an awesome conclusion you pulled out of nowhere lol

We should just go through the exercise of listing them out. How about 3 categories: Garbage, Just a guy, and player of value?

Just a guy can have value in the right situation imo.

Last edited:

giza

Jul 19, 2011
I have to think Nylander will walk through the door now.....let's hope he plays with some desperation for once.

Reactions: Clownish

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
I have to think Nylander will walk through the door now.....let's hope he plays with some desperation for once.

his numbers in Rockford indicate that he is playing well against AHL competition anyway...

Giovi

Sponsor
Feb 1, 2009
From Scott Powers post-game article yesterday;

What about Alex Nylander? King provided the organization’s assessment.
“The consistency has been a problem with him, I think, up here,” King said. “And then, when we had him down there, in the short time I had him there, it was kind of the same. He does some really good things with the puck — it’s that playing without the puck, and he’s just got to get working on that. But he’s missed a whole year of hockey, so we just got to get him back up and running.”

So unless something has changed in the time since King moved up to the Hawks, sounds like the same old Nylander......inconsistent effort away from the puck. Doesn't sound like he's ready.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad