Recalled/Assigned: Gaudet recalled

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Its interesting how deep the Leafs go and pick anyone by Bracco.

Is he currently hurt ?

I would expect (and frankly hope) that Gaudet does not get into the game, but if he did, he's a C/LW. Bracco is a RW.

It's not like Korshkov has been called up either, and he can play LW. He is hurt right now though.

We just do not need him, and we are not going to waste his time by sitting him in the press box, unlike those less valuable vets.

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
Some of you just have to *****...

This is how good businesses run. You value your people, whether the plumber or ceo. I wish I worked for a company that cared at all, let alone give me a few days of a serious pay raise and some time with the pros.

There’s no downside here. Maybe his prorated salary fits perfectly in the cap for three days and he’s only being used by the team as a warm body. Either way is win/win.

It's an interesting contrast to the Lou/Babcock tandem, that's for sure.

Say what you want about Dubas' ability to manage a pro hockey team, but the guy really does come off as a good human being.

Reactions: JT AM da real deal

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
I would expect (and frankly hope) that Gaudet does not get into the game, but if he did, he's a C/LW. Bracco is a RW.

It's not like Korshkov has been called up either, and he can play LW. He is hurt right now though.

We just do not need him, and we are not going to waste his time by sitting him in the press box, unlike those less valuable vets.

I wonder if Leaf fans know that Tyler Gaudet has played 39 games for the Marlies this year and scored 2 goals and 13 points as a C/LW and his -9 +/- is the worst on the entire Marlies team?

On the other hand a vet like Kenny Agostino has 21 goals and 34 points in 36 games and been among Marlies best players this year.

Attachments

• upload_2020-1-27_6-45-38.jpeg
    upload_2020-1-27_6-45-38.jpeg
    9.9 KB · Views: 2
Reactions: uncleben

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
I wonder if Leaf fans know that Tyler Gaudet has played 39 games for the Marlies this year and scored 2 goals and 13 points as a C/LW and his -9 +/- is the worst on the entire Marlies team?

On the other hand a vet like Kenny Agostino has 21 goals and 34 points in 36 games and been among Marlies best players this year.
Sounds like a win for the Marlies.

Reactions: Its not your fault

SeaOfBlue

Aug 1, 2013

Oh Gaudet has been a total tire fire. At best his job should be an open competition with Elynuik and the Growlers, and at worst he should be relegated to a full time depth role or shipped out to another team for whatever help the Marlies can get.

But if a guy is just collecting a paycheque and is sitting in the press box, who cares? Agostino has received the same treatment on at least one (if not two) occasion. They've done it to every two-way vet except Kossila, and he will likely receive the same treatment once he gets more games under his belt. In fact, Agostino is the only one-way vet to receive this treatment; the rest were either never called up (Wilson, Schmaltz, Harpur) or played (Aberg, Petan, Gravel).

SeaOfBlue

Aug 1, 2013
I'm thinking there must be some kind of junior Alumni celebration going on that Gaudet is getting a formal invite to attend.:wg: :sarcasm:

2013 & 2014 Soo Greyhounds of the OHL.

GM: Kyle Dubas
Coach: Sheldon Keefe
Player: Tyler Gaudet

tyler_gaudet_sault_ste_marie_greyhounds.jpg

Gaudet played for Keefe in Pembrooke too. He was a Free Agent call up who never left.

18leafsfan18

Jul 28, 2012
Ontario
This is not the disney channel, this is NHL. A result and performance driven entity

If they wanted to show good gesture they should have done it with Agostino New Jersey where hes from and more deservey.

Kyle needs to start focusing the performance of the team rather than the image of the team.

This is nice and cute but complete bs.

How can you be so upset about something without even knowing why he was called up ?

Reactions: xxOCZMSxx

ShaneFalco

Jul 15, 2012
London, On
How can you be so upset about something without even knowing why he was called up ?

Sheldon Keefe on the return of Jake Muzzin: "In many ways, he is the conscience of our team" | Maple Leafs Hotstove
You had Timothy Liljegren up and you said you wanted to practice him. He ended up playing. Is it the same thing with Tyler Gaudet?
Keefe
: I don’t think so. In this case, it was just bringing him up because we were uncertain about how Auston was going to be and also just how everybody else comes back coming off the break and making sure everyone is good. The Marlies were going to their All-Star break so the players kind of scattered. We wanted to make sure we had one handy. Also, the reports on Ty and how he has done there have been very positive. The team is trying to find its way, but he has been one constant with his effort and everything that he does. That is what I have come to know and expect from him from my time coaching him, whether it is in Pembroke or Sault Ste. Marie or with the Marlies. It is good to have him around in the event that we need him.

18leafsfan18

Jul 28, 2012
Ontario
Sheldon Keefe on the return of Jake Muzzin: "In many ways, he is the conscience of our team" | Maple Leafs Hotstove
You had Timothy Liljegren up and you said you wanted to practice him. He ended up playing. Is it the same thing with Tyler Gaudet?
Keefe
: I don’t think so. In this case, it was just bringing him up because we were uncertain about how Auston was going to be and also just how everybody else comes back coming off the break and making sure everyone is good. The Marlies were going to their All-Star break so the players kind of scattered. We wanted to make sure we had one handy. Also, the reports on Ty and how he has done there have been very positive. The team is trying to find its way, but he has been one constant with his effort and everything that he does. That is what I have come to know and expect from him from my time coaching him, whether it is in Pembroke or Sault Ste. Marie or with the Marlies. It is good to have him around in the event that we need him.

Okay so now with that context, Why can anyone be mad about it ?

He's basically saying the guy isn't going to play and Bracco is at the All Star Game, would fans rather they bring up Bracco to miss the all star game to sit in a press box ?

xxOCZMSxx

Jan 20, 2015

Say what you want about Dubas' ability to manage a pro hockey team, but the guy really does come off as a good human being.

If you every had doubts, just look for the story about the night that Mikhayev got cut and stayed in hospital. Dubas is the polar opposite of Babcock and the quest for power.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto

Lou has a lot of stories about being a good person to his players. Gomez raves about him taking the time to fly out and see him when he got sent back to the WHL, whereas he knows other players were struggling and their GM didn't do anything close to that. Lou may require a certain level of decorum and standards, but if he is your guy he will have your back and fight for you.

Reactions: Gabriel426

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
Lou has a lot of stories about being a good person to his players. Gomez raves about him taking the time to fly out and see him when he got sent back to the WHL, whereas he knows other players were struggling and their GM didn't do anything close to that. Lou may require a certain level of decorum and standards, but if he is your guy he will have your back and fight for you.
Agree.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad