Former Bruins Garnet Hathaway

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
IDK what the hell happened to him. I hope to God he wasn't told to tone down his play, if that happened it completely negated the trade for him. What was the point of trading for an agitator if you're not going to let him agitate???? :dunno: :madfire:
He got caught up in the whole between the whistles crap that was yet ANOTHER thing they didn't do all year. They stood up for themselves all season, then got neutered when the play called for some truculence.

Reactions: BMC

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
I don't understand what happened. I have to think he was told to tone his behavior down. And I hate it. They should of let him be himself. That's why he was so successful in Washington. He was up there with most hits in the league and he didn't do that a lot with us.

We needed asshole Hathaway and we got none of it. Very disappointing.

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
IDK what the hell happened to him. I hope to God he wasn't told to tone down his play, if that happened it completely negated the trade for him. What was the point of trading for an agitator if you're not going to let him agitate???? :dunno: :madfire:
That’s what they did.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Wow, no way Boston could have done that. And wow, I would have been upset if the Bruins gave him more than 2 mil per
Yea - we kept putting in at $1,7 or 3/5ish.

Geekie younger and more complete - when Seattle no tendered this was an obvious target

He’s definitely bottom 6 and go from there

Really gets after it - he and Frederic would be an interesting duo. Both 6’2-3 and can play physically and pop in a few

This was sneaky good potential long term even after 2 years up addition

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
For that money the Flyers can have him

I don't understand what happened. I have to think he was told to tone his behavior down. And I hate it. They should of let him be himself. That's why he was so successful in Washington. He was up there with most hits in the league and he didn't do that a lot with us.

We needed asshole Hathaway and we got none of it. Very disappointing.

I still can't figure out what his roll was. He didn't seem to do much of anything.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
For that money the Flyers can have him

I still can't figure out what his roll was. He didn't seem to do much of anything.

I think it was clear and evident he was told to tone it down. Unfortunately, that's his game. He needs to play like a dbag. The guy was up there with the most hits in the league, and he barely did that here.

Just disappointing because I think if they allowed him to just play his game, he would of been a great asset.

But...alas!

Last edited:

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
I think it was clear and evident he was told to tone it down. Unfortunately, that's his game. He needs to play like a dbag. The guy was up there with the most hits in the league, and he barely did that here.

Just diisappointing because I think if they allowed him to just play his game, he would of been a great asset.

But...alas!

I mean asshole is his specialty . He doesn't really know how to do anything else. If you take that away from him , what's the point.

Reactions: BMC and Mione134

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub

Just diisappointing because I think if they allowed him to just play his game, he would of been a great asset.

But...alas!
Montgomery did a Hell of a f***ing job. He'd better coach his balls off next season/post season (if they make it) or be shot to the Moon.
IMO he didn't know what to do with/assimilate the firepower that Sweeney supplied him with. He was a toddler with a gatling gun. Empty suit in behind the bench in the playoffs and NOW the repercussions of it.
Of course, if they won the Cup or went to the finals they'd still have to do this but... it wouldn't suck anywhere near as much.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Montgomery did a Hell of a f***ing job. He'd better coach his balls off next season/post season (if they make it) or be shot to the Moon.
IMO he didn't know what to do with/assimilate the firepower that Sweeney supplied him with. He was a toddler with a gatling gun. Empty suit in behind the bench in the playoffs and NOW the repercussions of it.
Of course, if they won the Cup or went to the finals they'd still have to do this but... it wouldn't suck anywhere near as much.

I think the call was coming inside the house. I don't think Monty had anything to do with Hathaway being neutered. It came from above.

If he's not acting like a prick on the ice and hitting people, he's useless.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad