Proposal: Garland

milehigh11

Mar 4, 2014
Mile High State
I am pretty sure the Avs have no interest in Garland. From Landy throwing him down to Mack tossing a helmet at him. And winger is the last thing we really need right now. We still need a #2 goalie first and maybe a 3rd line center.

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
I'd love Garland on the Jets. Think he fits so good. Especially with Wheeler out

I don’t think you’ll like the asking price. It starts with a “P” and rhymes with confetti.

Still love Garland? Everybody loves him until they put themselves in the shoes of Arizona where he’s their talisman up front and also realizes the quote from the Friedman rumor that even has him in a name being bandied about here wasn’t “Arizona looking to move Garland” it was “the Coyotes are getting calls on him and would consider moving him for an offfer BIG enough”.

strictlyrandy

Sep 9, 2013
Colorado
He is that good.

A 25 year old winger that won’t hit the 50 point mark in a regular season doesn’t return a top center prospect. Ever.

Garland is a great depth piece and should return a really good prospect (like a Kaut) but the org’s best prospect? Nope. Taylor Hall didn’t even return that.

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
A 25 year old winger that won’t hit the 50 point mark in a regular season doesn’t return a top center prospect. Ever.

Garland is a great depth piece and should return a really good prospect (like a Kaut) but the org’s best prospect? Nope. Taylor Hall didn’t even return that.

I mean the Coyotes aren’t trying to trade Garland so if that’s your evaluation of him (simplistic and flawed as it is), then they’ll just keep him. There are other “sub 50 point” wingers available for much less, that is certainly true.

Reactions: Seph

PullHard

Jul 18, 2007
The Garland underrating on this website is unsustainable, we will progress to the mean of gauging his true value over a larger sample size

Last edited:

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California

You’re asking a team who has little to no forward talent to move their best forward that is 25 on a cheap contract for someone who is unlikely to be anything close to Garland, a borderline cap dump, and a 4th and I’m not even including you asking for their first pick in the upcoming draft when it will likely be in the 30-40 range.

Reactions: Crow

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
Sounding like the OP doesn't understand his own team's needs.

Kuemper to Colorado makes more sense for both squads.

SpeakingOfTheDevils

Devils Advocate
Jan 22, 2010
Philadelphia, PA

Oh dear. You realize the difference between a pending UFA and a pending RFA, right?

Last edited:

YotesFan47

Jun 16, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona USA
Yea I don't think this deal was qualified before being posted. If Garland is going out, we absolutely need Newhook coming back. If you want to include Compher to shed cap, fine, but he would be taken purely as cap relief for Colorado to resign Garland.

Garland + 2nd for Compher + Newhook + 1st + Ranta

That's about as close to minimum I would want in a deal for Garland. If you want Kuemper we can add him at 50% but expect that 2nd to go away and another prospect to be added on Colorado's side.

5cotland

NFR
Jan 23, 2015
Scotland
Seeing some of these valuations are so funny.

I remember when the Buchnevich value thread was made people were suggesting a 1st + average prospect was a reach.

Now Garland is worth an apparent 1st and an blue chip prospect, and even then some are saying thats not enough.

Gotta love HF at times :laugh:

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
The Yotes aren’t close to competing (again) and could use some good pieces to kick start a little rebuild.

The Avs need to shed some cap and have some enticing pieces to accompany some for the Yotes.

Arizona receives: Kaut, Compher, and a 4th

Avs receive: Garland and a 2nd

This all goes down provided the Avs can ensure Garland and the locker room get along.
This Avs fan doesn’t see the need for Garland on the Avs.

and the unbiased fan in me sees this proposal as well short of what AZ should expect.

Reactions: Heldig

BigHabs

Aug 3, 2009
I proposed awhile ago but:

Byron
Lehkonen
1st round pick
2nd round pick

For

Goligoski
Garland

Arizona gets picks back for this draft in the early rounds. They get NHL ready players who can play and would have them next year as well.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Seeing some of these valuations are so funny.

I remember when the Buchnevich value thread was made people were suggesting a 1st + average prospect was a reach.

Now Garland is worth an apparent 1st and an blue chip prospect, and even then some are saying thats not enough.

Gotta love HF at times :laugh:
Watch a lot of Coyotes games, do you? How many have you taken in this season?

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Yea I don't think this deal was qualified before being posted. If Garland is going out, we absolutely need Newhook coming back. If you want to include Compher to shed cap, fine, but he would be taken purely as cap relief for Colorado to resign Garland.

Garland + 2nd for Compher + Newhook + 1st + Ranta

That's about as close to minimum I would want in a deal for Garland. If you want Kuemper we can add him at 50% but expect that 2nd to go away and another prospect to be added on Colorado's side.

LMAO. You can keep him at that price :laugh:

forsbergavs32

Global Moderator
Jan 21, 2011
Fresno,CA
Garland is a fantastic player and the OP proposal is very insulting, but I also don’t think he return a 1st AND Newhook. That said, a winger should be last on the list the Avs should be looking for. Good backup goalie, 3C and a bottom 4 RD are more pressing needs (as much as I’d love Garland on the Avs)

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
1st+newhook for him?

makes you wonder what actual ppg/younger wingers would go for.

Reactions: Nedarb

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad