Gards, Bozo and JVR need to go. Borgs is not ready.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
What the heck is wrong with Borgman? He is the guy that's actually developing before our eyes into something more than a 5-6!

RythmicOne

Feb 26, 2012
Playoff games have comprised 12 of Gardiner's 359 games played since the lockout.

That's the most maddening part: we know he has the talent to be a game-changer but he just cannot bring it on a consistent enough basis. That's the definition of unreliable.

Exactly.

A1LeafNation

Good, is simply not good enough!
Oct 17, 2010
Borgman looks like a top 4 to me. Then again, I think Carrick can get there too one day, so what do I know...lol

Crosscrease14

Dec 16, 2014
JvR and Bozak aren't going to change as players at this point. They're skilled, put up points and are a defensive liability. That's just what they are, it won't kill the team to have two players like that but I agree we should look to move on after this year.

As for Gardiner how quickly people forget he was playing like a top pairing defenseman last year and was a beast in the playoffs when it mattered. He's had a slow start and made some questionable plays but he has skills that aren't easily replaced. I wouldn't trade him. The leafs would regret it. You have to take the good with the bad on every player. Borgman has looked good so far, he's gonna make some rookie mistakes it's his first year.

6ix

HitEmWit4LikeAustonM
Nov 26, 2014
Yeah definitely package Gardiner for a better dman. Gardiner for Tanev?

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
Isn't this more of a comment than a thread? Like what do Borgman and JVR have to do together?

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
It is pretty interesting development that Babcock seems absolutely fed up with JVR/Bozak - just look at their usage. They were sheltered last season but not like this.

Though funny enough JVR is probably the only UFA I'd prefer to keep as long as he'd be willing to sign a 4-5 year deal. Not sure if his agent would be fine with that though

MJ65

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
It is pretty interesting development that Babcock seems absolutely fed up with JVR/Bozak - just look at their usage. They were sheltered last season but not like this.

Though funny enough JVR is probably the only UFA I'd prefer to keep as long as he'd be willing to sign a 4-5 year deal. Not sure if his agent would be fine with that though

I can see $5 plus but $4 M (no chance)

ShaneFalco

Jul 15, 2012
London, On
His minutes were reduced in the playoffs against WASH too.
Not a guy you want to re-sign long-term. He'd have to be paired with a very strong C, and a defensively sound winger.......but even then I wouldn't want him long term

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad