Gards, Bozo and JVR need to go. Borgs is not ready.

RythmicOne

Feb 26, 2012
Even tho it is glaringly obvious that Bozo and JVR are playing like players that know they are not wanted, it is even crazier that people think Gardiner is good. He is all over the map, flashes of brilliance and then bone head central. He is NOT going to just "get better", he is in his prime!

You can't just wave your wand and trade these 3, but I would be trying hard. Nobody is buying a turd in a dress nowadays.

Are you not tired of watching our forwards loaf around and not back check? Run gun one and done? Leaving the D out to dry, who by the way, crumble on the slightest forcheck?

Borgman is not ready. He is getting beat at every turn. Gards is eternally frustrating. Keep Reilly, Zeits, Hains. Get some kids ready or a stud, but there will be pain. This is not the year.

Without back checking forwards, D that crumble on a fore check and cannot clear the zone or hold the offensive line, this year is going to hurt. I guarantee this is exactly what Babs and company feel. We are stuck with these plugs.

nobody

Aug 8, 2017
Would happily deal JVR, Bozo and Gards. But no to Borgman unless you're giving Dermott a shot. Borgman has grown quite a bit since his first game. He's made some horrible mistakes but we're not a finished product, let the kid figure it out in the bigs.

TMLegend

May 27, 2012
Somewhere
This thread is bad, and you should feel bad.

Find it hilarious though the above 3 are to blame for basically the entire team being a tire fire.

I'm dying to see who draws this boards ire after JVR and Bozak are gone. It' gonna be interesting.

Kadri has been a pile of shit lately. Not even exaggerating.

RythmicOne

Feb 26, 2012

Find it hilarious though the above 3 are to blame for basically the entire team being a tire fire.

I'm dying to see who draws this boards ire after JVR and Bozak are gone. It' gonna be interesting.

Kadri has been a pile of **** lately. Not even exaggerating.

Very good addition to the conversation. Our -10 players are being defended by a board jockey. Oh joy.
Too bad my sentiment is shared by many many others... including those who run the team.

Ryan Michaels

Mar 21, 2017

Kadri has been a literal pile of **** lately. Not even exaggerating.

I don't even get posts like this. Its not like we picked JVR and Bozak's name out of a hat(and I'm sure you know why they're there) and its not like most of the team isn't under scrutiny, Kadri's been garbage for a week, JVR and Bozak have been pulling the same shtick for half a decade.

Trading Gardiner is lunacy tho, not even a big fan of his but we can't just trade a dman and no one is going to give us a better one back for him.

RythmicOne

Feb 26, 2012
Would happily deal JVR, Bozo and Gards. But no to Borgman unless you're giving Dermott a shot. Borgman has grown quite a bit since his first game. He's made some horrible mistakes but we're not a finished product, let the kid figure it out in the bigs.

Im not saying trade Borgman, Im saying he needs to develope a bit more. Perhaps the trial by fire will do it, but he has caused a lot of grief on the ice. Im chompin at the bit to see what happens with our cupboard of young D, but RIGHT NOW, another solid aggressive stay at homer is needed. Either that or just play out the year and let it ride. Carrick needs to be more regular. For me, Polaks career is over (but I love em), Borgman is not ready, and Gards is never, ever going to be what ppl keep hoping. Ever. EVER.

RythmicOne

Feb 26, 2012
I don't even get posts like this. Its not like we picked JVR and Bozak's name out of a hat(and I'm sure you know why they're there) and its not like most of the team isn't under scrutiny, Kadri's been garbage for a week, JVR and Bozak have been pulling the same shtick for half a decade.

Trading Gardiner is lunacy tho, not even a big fan of his but we can't just trade a dman and no one is going to give us a better one back for him.

Gards should only be in a trade that includes a D in return. Agreed.

TMLegend

May 27, 2012
Somewhere
Very good addition to the conversation. Our -10 players are being defended by a board jockey. Oh joy.
Too bad my sentiment is shared by many many others... including those who run the team.

Groupthink is strong around here. Not that I particularly care about Bozak or JVR one way or the other, but Gardiner is a terrific player, and won't be shipped out anytime soon, regardless of this boards "sentiments"

Reactions: LondonKendrick

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
The only player who isn't to blame is Matthews. Outside of him, the rest have been okay to brutal.

RythmicOne

Feb 26, 2012
Anyone who is hating on Kadri has zero hockey IQ. I never really liked Kadri before, but he has come full circle under Babs. He is a solid 2-3 center and can shut down the best. The team has stunk in the last week, you can't just go after Kadri. Bozo and JVR have NEVER been back checkers. NEVER hit. ALWAYS run gun one and done. Only turn it on when they smell a goal. Stay still until others start the rush. Pathetic. I know Babs is seething at them.

Reactions: LondonKendrick

Ratboy

I made a funny!
Jul 15, 2009
Borgman s ready. That was a nasty snipe. He's looked really good considering the adjustment from Europe to here.

RythmicOne

Feb 26, 2012
Groupthink is strong around here. Not that I particularly care about Bozak or JVR one way or the other, but Gardiner is a terrific player, and won't be shipped out anytime soon, regardless of this boards "sentiments"

I dont read the board at all, and I have zero groupthink. Ive been around 6 years and never post, look at my counts. You obviously, very very obviously, focus on a small sample of Gardiner. Take the time to look at all his numbers and you might see what I see... his run of great advanced stats looks like it may be a blip. He is a headcase, there is no debate. Unstable.

Ryan Michaels

Mar 21, 2017
I swear every discussion on this board has a group of posters who act like there is one scape goat.

"So its all Babcock's fault? The players don't shoulder the blame?"
"Its all Freddy's fault? How about the team in front of him taking some heat?"
"JVR and Bozak are always the problem with you guys?"
"Everyone always blames Gardiner!"

Plenty of people have criticized Marner, Martin, Komarov, Kadri as of late, etc....

What will it take to stop this mentality? Should we start a "its all Matthews fault' thread?"

RythmicOne

Feb 26, 2012
Borgman s ready. That was a nasty snipe. He's looked really good considering the adjustment from Europe to here.

I just think he could use a bit of AHL seasoning. Leafs needed to fill that spot tho, and Babs saw something that put him above Rosen. Thats good, cause I trust the teams management. I also know they have tried and tried to dump Bozo and JVR, and evolve Gards but the writing is on the wall. I watched Gards get pressured dozens of times this year alone and he crumbles. Unstable. They won't stand for that. He has to return to his career year stint or he is on the block.

Ryan Michaels

Mar 21, 2017
Gards should only be in a trade that includes a D in return. Agreed.

Problem is the only way that happens is if you trade Gardiner for an inferior "safer" player and this d can't afford to downgrade on skill, Gardiner has his awful nights but the d-core needs to go for the hail mary's so you simply cannot walk away from Gardiner.

The List Of Jericho

Judas effect
Mar 1, 2002
Toronto
The moment we trade Gardiner he ends up playing like a beast and making the organization look stupid. When Gardiner is on, he's a top 40 defenceman in the league

TMLegend

May 27, 2012
Somewhere
I dont read the board at all, and I have zero groupthink. Ive been around 6 years and never post, look at my counts. You obviously, very very obviously, focus on a small sample of Gardiner. Take the time to look at all his numbers and you might see what I see... his run of great advanced stats looks like it may be a blip. He is a headcase, there is no debate. Unstable.

Well if you say so it must be true.

RythmicOne

Feb 26, 2012
I swear every discussion on this board has a group of posters who act like there is one scape goat.

"So its all Babcock's fault? The players don't shoulder the blame?"
"Its all Freddy's fault? How about the team in front of him taking some heat?"
"JVR and Bozak are always the problem with you guys?"
"Everyone always blames Gardiner!"

Plenty of people have criticized Marner, Martin, Komarov, Kadri as of late, etc....

What will it take to stop this mentality? Should we start a "its all Matthews fault' thread?"

True. The whole team has been in disarray over the last 8 games. I'm stead fast in the belief that if they fill those 3 holes properly (very unlikely in this NHL tho) it will balance them out. The problem is you can't just get what they need. It takes time. Problem with time? Gonna have to play them young stars soon. The decision is, move now to plug the holes while the kids are cheap? Or, wait it out and use time and drafts to move forward. Bozaks like is enough to sink a game, every game.

TML Dynasty

May 2, 2016
I agree that it's crazy frustrating to watch right now and I got caught up in the hype thinking we were better than we actually are. There will be pain.....I conveniently ignored this.

JVR and Bozak confuse me. They should be playing for their next contracts. WTF are they doing out there.

Borgman I really like and since its his first year on our ice Im ok cutting him some slack. Would be pretty niuce if he could learn in the AHL and we had a stud to replace him but as of now that's not in the cards.

Gards I flip flop on.....spurts of smooth great plays, and spurts of insane mistakes that more often than not end up in our net. I keep hoping that the spurts of greatness become more and the mistakes are less but it seems Ive been hoping for that for a long damn time. Would be really happy flipping. Perhaps a deal around our LHD for someones RHD. Trouba for Gards plus....

Drytoast

Sep 27, 2017
The great thing about the situation we are in is that I have full faith in Lou, Babs and Shanny.

If there is a move to be made, he will make it. If we miss the playoffs this year (which we won't) that's totally fine.

Our core is young. Our mid core (Reilly Kadri Zaitsev) are signed long term.

We have time to sort through this and grow.

Reactions: TML Dynasty

MR4

Oct 20, 2014
I love when posters assume that mgmt shares the same opinion, truly vain.

And Borgman was great before Polak was signed. There's no coincidence in that, it's Polak that needs to go.

Ratboy

I made a funny!
Jul 15, 2009
I just think he could use a bit of AHL seasoning. Leafs needed to fill that spot tho, and Babs saw something that put him above Rosen. Thats good, cause I trust the teams management. I also know they have tried and tried to dump Bozo and JVR, and evolve Gards but the writing is on the wall. I watched Gards get pressured dozens of times this year alone and he crumbles. Unstable. They won't stand for that. He has to return to his career year stint or he is on the block.
They don't have anyone who's outplayed him though.

I'd try to insulate him but Polak doesn't seem to bE the guy.

TMLegend

May 27, 2012
Somewhere
You have zero credibility if you think that Gards resembles anything to do with consistent.

Gardiner has consistently been one of our better defensemen his entire career as a Leaf. Oh, and he's a notorious slow starter.

There? I have no credibility now, glad we could get that out of that way. Whatever that even means anyway LOL

Reactions: Raymoondo

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad