Proposal: Gardiner to Oilers

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
I think it's been asked elsewhere but, who was the last Ross winner to miss the playoffs? Open your eyes, it's not even questionable that the Oilers are ruining McDavid. Maybe another Lottery Pick will do the trick, it's obviously working so well.
If you can't give me a reason other than missing playoffs then you're really grasping at straws here.

StephenPeat

Jul 19, 2015
If you can't give me a reason other than missing playoffs then you're really grasping at straws here.
What exactly do the Oilers have to be happy about right now?

I mean I could list a litany of reasons the team is headed in the wrong direction.

Chiarelli is still GM.
Lucic is signed forever.
Sekera looks like toast.
Klefbom may be on the block.
The depth scoring is.....
Literally every player that leaves Edmonton seems to thrive elsewhere.

But yeah the only thing wrong is that you somehow defied the odds and missed the POs.
Do I need to go on?

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
2nd (40th)+Benning+ Maksimov/Safin?

Nope.

Maksimov is a hard pass. The kid has real NHL upside.

Safin id say should be off limits given how shallow our forward prospects are and even 40th and Benning is too much to give up for an unextended Gardiner.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
I think Edmonton would be very interested in some kind of Liljegren and Marner trade, if that is what is being proposed. Some salary has to go back.

wait you want liljegren and marner for pick 9? lol. not even sure the leafs move liljegren for that pick.
also unless the return is nurse+puljujarvi+top 10 pick you aint getting near marner

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
Gardener to Pittsburgh makes sense. They make players good and they could use another defender.

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
wait you want liljegren and marner for pick 9? lol. not even sure the leafs move liljegren for that pick.
also unless the return is nurse+puljujarvi+top 10 pick you aint getting near marner

No not the 9th alone... but you're suggesting a vast overpayment. And I know you meant Liljergen.

Donuts

Nov 7, 2014
Take out the oilers 1st.

Gardiner + leafs 1st to oilers and say thank you to edm management for taking game 7 mvp gardiner off the leafs hands.

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
I think it's been asked elsewhere but, who was the last Ross winner to miss the playoffs? Open your eyes, it's not even questionable that the Oilers are ruining McDavid. Maybe another Lottery Pick will do the trick, it's obviously working so well.

Had less than 50% 0f the teams in the League made the playoffs Gretzky would have been in the same boat. He turned out ok.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
You asked me how Edmonton is ruining a Generational Talent. I just told you.
You explained why the team is bad, and trust me, us Oiler fans know that better than you do. Being a bad team doesn't mean ruining McDavid though. Ruining would imply that he isn't living up to his potential. Back to back Ross's and probable Lindsay's (and maybe Hart's) say otherwise.

Reactions: McFlyingV

Jamin

Aug 25, 2009
so you guys have the best player on the planet + a so called elite center Draisatl + 5 very good D?? yet u are still the most pathetic team in the nhl year after year..ok maybe second after Buffalo but u get my point..but hey only leafs fans overrate their players
www.dictionary.com

Look up hypocrite.

Kinda funny troll posts coming from the guy crying about trolling, society, the mods and HF losing the cash cow (dont ever lose the modesty).

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
so you guys have the best player on the planet + a so called elite center Draisatl + 5 very good D?? yet u are still the most pathetic team in the nhl year after year..ok maybe second after Buffalo but u get my point..but hey only leafs fans overrate their players
Nobody calls Draisaitl elite, he's an emerging top line player though for sure, back to back 70 point seasons. And we have a better defense core than most think, but it does have a glaring hole - nobody to run things on the powerplay or top line. We had a disappointing season, yes. But it is in fact possible for bad teams to have good players. It just so happens that our GM did a horrible job of bringing in depth scoring for this past season. We basically had 3 top six forwards.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
No not the 9th alone... but you're suggesting a vast overpayment. And I know you meant Liljergen.

oilers arent getting marner unless they decide they wanna ship mcdavid out, or offer an insane overpayment.
Klef+Pulju+Nurse would prob work.

the leafs probably value liljegren at least as highl;y as a dobson/smith type likely to be available with pick 9 so doubt there is anything to be had there. Oilers should just take Dobson.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad