Proposal: Gardiner to Oilers

TMLeafs18

Aug 7, 2015
Canada
Not the time to post a Gardiner trade on these boards. He just had the worst game of his life. So not only will other teams hate him but so do leafs fans.

Reactions: kihei and Mork

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
You knew it was coming.

Gardiner + Leafs 2018 1st for Oilers 2018 1st (if 9th overall).

Not worth dropping - what - 14 spots for a guy with a year on his deal.

Also we can’t really add without sending money back.

Oilers send 9th and Sekera

Leafs send whatever their pick is and Gardiner, who the Oilers then extend.

zar

Bleed Blue
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2010
Edmonton AB
Did you just watch Game 7 of the Bruins/Leafs series? I knew Gardiner had his challenges defensively but that was Oilers Justin Schultz territory tonight... you know, when Schultz totally sucked ass.

I might consider it if you take Lucic too. ;)

ponder

Jul 11, 2007
Vancouver
Did you just watch Game 7 of the Bruins/Leafs series? I knew Gardiner had his challenges defensively but that was Oilers Justin Schultz territory tonight... you know, when Schultz totally sucked ass.

I might consider it if you take Lucic too. ;)
Yeah, the guy has a lot of talent, but he's dumb as a rock, soft and lazy. Honestly, I'm done with him in Toronto, and I don't think we'll get a tonne for him in a trade, but I still want him dealt this offseason.

I don't think his value will be high, but there are teams he could fit well on - Toronto just isn't one of them, we've already got two LDs who have similar talent with more reliability (Rielly and Dermott). The right team for Gards would have to be a team that can hide his sketchiness, while benefitting a lot from the offence he provides on the 2nd pair and 1st-or-2nd PP. Maybe a team like the Kings, Panthers, Canucks or Hawks? He might even fit on the Knights, seems to be a good place for "skilled castoff" types to get a new start. Edmonton doesn't make much sense, as they've already got Klefbom and Nurse on the left side, needs to be a team with a bit more of a hole at 2nd pair LD.

pmwlker

Apr 13, 2018
Don’t the Oilers need a 2RD not a lefty? Does Gardiner even play his off side? Regardless I don’t think value is even if the pick is 9th overall

firstemperor

May 25, 2011
Wasn’t Gardiner like a legit top 2 guy able to shutdown the other teams best players?

What happened.

Also, in Edmonton this guy would get crucified.

He's more of a #3 high-end PMD. Just little margin of error against a team like Boston, and he's being asked to do too much here- also just had a real bad game.

Reactions: Mork

belair

Win it for Ben!
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Gardiner to Edmonton would make some sense because it would allow us to move a left D like Klefbom for a right D this summer and not miss out on the depth. But the only issue is Toronto having to take similar salary in return. It's not something I'd say is impossible though. There certianly would be some interest.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad