Gardiner-Pesce vs. Krug-Carlo as a Middle Pairing Next Season

Better middle pairing for next season?

• Total voters

rosscow

Apr 5, 2015
It's Carlo and krug but neither team will ever win a cup with that as a middle pairing

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
Krug had as much points in 64 games as Gardiner and Pesce combined last season in 135. His 18 points in 24 playoff games is exactly as much as Gardiner and Pesce have in their careers in a combined 41 games.

Brandon Carlo has already established himself as one of the top shutdown and penalty killing dmen in the league by the age of 22. He’s many years away from his prime and is still a good #3 right now right now.

Brett Pesce is a very good dman but Gardiner is the new Dennis Wideman. There’s a reason that, in a league where you can never have enough defensive depth, a defensemen , one season removed from a 52 point year ,would get the contract he just got. He’s a bonehead, soft, and plays brutal in big situations.

This is the Bruins duo, Pesce keeps it from being AINEC.

quite a feat. racking pts on a PP with bergeron,marchand, and pastrnak while gardiner was on a 2nd unit away from all the leafs best guys and pesce got no pp time at all.

Krug has 23 ES pts
Gardiner had 25
Pesce had 29

Krug > Gardiner
Pesce >>> Carlo

this is the canes duo quite easily

jaric1862

Jan 14, 2014
I think this one is pretty close, Krug's better than Gardiner but Pesce is better than Carlo. Ultimately though i think the gap between Pesce and Carlo is wider than that of Krug and Gardiner

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
Lol. Carlo wasnt that good
Please continue to tell me how Muzzin was suppose to be included.
muzzija89

carlobr96

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
quite a feat. racking pts on a PP with bergeron,marchand, and pastrnak
Krug is probably the most important Bruin to the PP. His decision-making when they have the puck in the offensive zone is just so quick and his puck movement is incredibly precise.

Last edited:
Reactions: perseus

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Gardiner-Pesce ranked #9 and #3 in GAR over the past 3 seasons.
Krug-Carlo, but I think Pesce is the best player.
Wow, paying Ceci more than Gardiner got must really be making it difficult to be objective.

LGB

Feb 4, 2019
Please continue to tell me how Muzzin was suppose to be included.
muzzija89

carlobr96
Maybe include the full charts instead of just cherry picking the section that makes your guy look best and Muzzin look the worst.
Edit: I see you were just talking about defense. Still dishonest to remove team context.
Screen Shot 2019-09-09 at 6.29.46 PM.png
Screen Shot 2019-09-09 at 6.30.26 PM.png
Screen Shot 2019-09-09 at 6.30.51 PM.png

Reactions: Dion TheFluff

The S5

Jul 27, 2017
As a Canes fan I'd say its even. I think the Gardiner contract was good, but Krug is a much better player than Gardiner.

I'd take Pesce over Carlo, but less gap than Krug over Gardiner.
Krug stinks as a defender. Gardiner would have to skate off the ice on every rush to be considered much worse than Krug.

joe dirte

Sep 28, 2017
bruins didn't play the bolts because tampa got swept by cbj
Right sorry.

Leafs are not an easy series. And columbus with their deadline trades werent either. St louis trip to the final was probably easier.

Last edited by a moderator:

hockeyguru

Sep 10, 2019
Right sorry.

Leafs are not an easy series. And columbus with their deadline trades werent either. St louis trip to the final was probably easier.
playing two wild card teams in back to back rounds is as easy as it gets in terms of paths to the finals. blues had to play the sharks who are better than any team boston faced.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad