Gardiner(70%) or Rosen(100%)

Gardiner or Rosen?

• Total voters

Myopic

Feb 26, 2017
Defensively, Gardiner is BRUTAL.

Last game he avoided contact at least 7-10 times. That's the way he always plays so the injury theory is just an excuse. Get Rosen in there pronto!

Reactions: JayDog17

Ovate

Dec 17, 2014
Toronto
Really depends on what 70% means. 70% because he's hurt, and playing more is going to make him more hurt is very different from 70% because he's recovering and playing more is going to help him find his game.

Commander Clueless

Apathy of the Leaf
Sep 10, 2008
My answer would be Gardiner @ 70%.

However, I don't think Gards is at 70%. I think he's lower than that.

I appreciate the effort playing hurt, but I think given the choice I'd put Rosen in there next game.

mulefarm

Oct 9, 2011
Jake has had 3 solid playoff games. He gets the puck out of our end better than any of our D. Should get stronger with more games played.

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
Gardiner is still finding his legs. Only 4 games back after a month off. If he is cleared medically, rather go with experience. I think Dermott can benefit from more mentoring.
Next year is a different story. Doubt they can afford Gards.
Defensively, the good news is that the better zaits looks, the easier it will be to move him in the off season. I don't think they can afford him either and they need to make room for Rosen, Lil & Sandin.

Jimmy Firecracker

They Fired Sheldon!
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
He and Dermott probably still aren’t really 100% but the team and them couldn’t afford to wait. Had to get them in those last few games to at least get back into the groove of things.

They haven’t looked good but they aren’t godawful like Ozhiganov or Marincin would be. Rosen wouldn’t look too out of place but his best isn’t as good as Jake’s or Travis’.

Team should just keep doing what they’ve been doing. Giving them sheltered minutes and hope they find their legs eventually.

Teeder Keon

Defeat does not rest lightly on their shoulders
Mar 11, 2019
Deep in the Purple jungles of BC
Depends. Does it mean we only get 70% of Jake's mistakes too?

I think that Dubas here has figured it all out already with the extra money spent on the analytics dept.

So I think your right that in the end we only get 70% of his mistakes if his theory is correct
upload_2019-4-16_15-33-11.jpeg

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
I really don't like Gardiner, but if you heavily shelter him, I'd probably take him over Rosen.

Rosen should be on the Marlies right now helping them. That is where he is needed most.

HandshakeLineRespect

Respect in the Handshake Line
Apr 17, 2017
Brampton
Gardiner is out there labouring around nursing a back injury. He’s being sheltered pretty heavy at the moment and it’s only a matter of time before has a major brain fart. Honestly, if he’s not out there dancing around producing offence he’s useless. Rosen would be an upgrade right now he should be in the lineup.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
It's a tricky question. If we let Gardiner walk it pays to audition and develop Rosen in these situations so he's more seasoned for the 2020 playoffs...

therealkoho

Him/Leaf/fan
Jul 10, 2009
the Prior
gotta admit Gardiner made me cringe at least a dozen times last night, even though inexperienced Rosen might be the better guy to have playing
Gardiner is out there labouring around nursing a back injury. He’s being sheltered pretty heavy at the moment and it’s only a matter of time before has a major brain fart. Honestly, if he’s not out there dancing around producing offence he’s useless. Rosen would be an upgrade right now he should be in the lineup.
a matter of time? he's already had a couple

MapleLeafs9

Sep 22, 2011
Gardiner. Mostly because I expect him to look more and more like himself in the later rounds. By the time we win the cup, he might be back to his normal level.
Is this sarcasm? Or are you really saying his bad back is gonna get better with more physical strain throughout the playoffs? :laugh:

I don't even think Gardiner is gonna last much longer at this point. Guy looks like he shouldn't even be playing. Credit to him for playing though.

mulefarm

Oct 9, 2011
Yep an upgrade over a Jake who hasn’t been on the ice for a goal against?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad