Gardiner(70%) or Rosen(100%)

Gardiner or Rosen?

• Total voters

deletethis

Mar 17, 2015
Toronto
70% Gardiner for now. It's a thought though. Gardiner doesn't seem really comfortable out there. I would not be surprised to see Rosen in his place without any fanfare because Gardiner's back has worsened between games.

MyBudJT

Mar 5, 2018
Haven't seen enough of Rosen to know...

I wouldn't be surprised if Gards gets back surgery this offseason though.

qqaz

Think Happy Thoughts
Oct 25, 2018
Gardiner.

He's clearly not playing like himself at the moment. Probably because his back still isn't right, or maybe he's just scared of re-injuring it or scared to blow it against Boston again. But I still trust him as a player.

I feel bad for the guy, because this is his chance to cash in in the off season. Looking slow and hurt with potential surgery isn't going to get him more dollars.

MapleLeafs77

Oct 20, 2017
He is not ready at all. Feel bad for him. Looks like he is ghost of himself.

Next year:

Rielly Dermott
Muzzin Zaitsev
Rosen ******

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
Gardiner. If Rosen were to be playing in Gardiner's place though, I'd expect something more along the lines of he and Dermott swapping minutes, so it could actually be closer to 13-14 than 15-16. Still, it might essentially be tougher to integrate into the lineup a defenceman with no playoff experience in comparison to a forward, as a third pairing d-man would play more than a fourth line forward.

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
Take the safe bet with the VET and limit his ice to 10 minutes a night. Dermott is not totally right either. Let him get back gradually. Guys like Gards not much good against teams like Boston anyways but against teams like Tampa/Pittsburgh/Carolina he would be a huge help.

Reactions: TML Dynasty

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
70% Gardiner for now. It's a thought though. Gardiner doesn't seem really comfortable out there. I would not be surprised to see Rosen in his place without any fanfare because Gardiner's back has worsened between games.

Same thought's were going through my head, Jake is taking way too long to make a decision, he is allowing the Boston forechecker to close the gap and that puts him in a 50/50 battle, when he really has no reason to be in a 50/50 battle.

His indecision is a weakness in Toronto's game plan, the Bruins can (and probably will) exploit.

I like Rosen but at the same time something feels wrong about benching Gardiner to play Rosen. In the short time Rosen has been here, he has shown he can get the puck to the net and create goal mouth scrambles, which is a skill set the other D-man (save Rielly) don't have.

Sweet Leaf

Jun 24, 2013
Toronto
If we were asking Jake to play big minutes in tough situations I would think this question has merit. For sure he doesn't look 100% to me.

Since we are sheltering him on our 3rd pairing there should be no concerns imo. He played 14 minutes yesterday and that included PP. Dermott played 11 minutes. I didn't see them take many defensive zone face offs either.

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
Didn't like Jake's game last night.

The puck was a livewire grenade on his stick almost every single time, and him successfully getting it out of the zone seemed like a small victory every time.

I think you just hope that as he gets more time in, he gets more comfortable and starts moving his feet and his mind. I think you stick with him, and hope he figures it out, rather than going to Rosen.

Reactions: JT AM da real deal

Dreakmur

Mar 25, 2008
Orillia, Ontario
Same thought's were going through my head, Jake is taking way too long to make a decision, he is allowing the Boston forechecker to close the gap and that puts him in a 50/50 battle, when he really has no reason to be in a 50/50 battle.

I've always noticed him doing that. I just assumed it was because he was scared to get hit, so he'd rather lose or tie the race for the puck.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad