Gardiner(70%) or Rosen(100%)

Gardiner or Rosen?

• Total voters

TML Dynasty

May 2, 2016
If we had played Rosen towards the end of the year with the big club Id feel better about putting him in now. Im not a Gards fan, and his play since back isn't great although understandable.....I just don't think the playoffs are the place to experiment.

(I know that rosen was injured so we couldn't bring him up)

HomerJLeafs

i just hope we make the POs
Dec 27, 2017
Rosen
For the future.
Gardiner playing on the 3rd pair has been a blessing (limited icetime, limited braincramps, his mistakes are less noticable) but if you ask me i would not wanna pay a 3rd pair D guy 5-6-7M USD. Id rather have Rosen on the 3rd for the League min.

Davidos193

Feb 12, 2019
This poll is redundant since Gardiner is healthy and is obviously going to play ahead of Rosen who has virtually no NHL experience. This only becomes a question next year. Is Rosen ready to replace Gardiner on the blue line?

GardinerTheForward

Mar 23, 2014
Toronto (NHL Season)
This poll is redundant since Gardiner is healthy and is obviously going to play ahead of Rosen who has virtually no NHL experience. This only becomes a question next year. Is Rosen ready to replace Gardiner on the blue line?
The better question is if Gardiner is ready to replace Hainsey on the right side. Stay with a contender and close to home without uprooting your family for less money. I hope he is back at a discount

Magic Man

Mar 30, 2012
Your Worst Nightmare
The better question is if Gardiner is ready to replace Hainsey on the right side. Stay with a contender and close to home without uprooting your family for less money. I hope he is back at a discount
Myers brings size and is a right shot. He might sign for a mil less than Gardiner and Winnipeg isn't likely to resign him with him being used on the 3rd pairing. I'd prefer to bring him in if possible. If they don't it would be nice to keep Gardiner and rework the pairings as you suggested.

Reactions: GardinerTheForward

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
You always go with the vet defender in the playoffs vs an unproven rookie. And he needs game time to get himself back into game condition. We may need him in another round to generate more offense from the defense. Even though we don't need him this round I would still play him.

GardinerTheForward

Mar 23, 2014
Toronto (NHL Season)
Myers brings size and is a right shot. He might sign for a mil less than Gardiner and Winnipeg isn't likely to resign him with him being used on the 3rd pairing. I'd prefer to bring him in if possible. If they don't it would be nice to keep Gardiner and rework the pairings as you suggested.
Just don’t see soembody from Texas opting for Toronto

Terrible GM

Jul 10, 2013
Maritimes
Didn't like Jake's game last night.

The puck was a livewire grenade on his stick almost every single time, and him successfully getting it out of the zone seemed like a small victory every time.

I think you just hope that as he gets more time in, he gets more comfortable and starts moving his feet and his mind. I think you stick with him, and hope he figures it out, rather than going to Rosen.

I thought he played a decent game. I recall one time he goofed (flubbed the puck on a clean break out), but a few turnovers occurred when he was receiving the puck from Zaitsev from a "pass" back around the net. Jake ends up taking it on his backhand turned to the play along the boards, and then it gets awkward if one of the leaf forwards are not near by to do a quick pass, and that's with a Bruin or two closing in on him.

These plays are the biggest difference from last year. The majority of the time Muzzin is getting the puck out when Zaitsev is being pressured. Last year Zaitsev would sauce or bank the pass up the boards to try to get it out of the zone, just to have it stopped at the blue line by multiple Bruins. The right side pressure is different this year so far, and its been a lot better because of Muzzin and coaching. I don't think Gardiner would be fairing to well in Muzzin's place.

Its not your fault

Nov 24, 2016
Gardiner has proven he can and more often steps up then he doesn't step up in the playoffs. 15 a nights fine for now. He's a gamer. He is Coming off injury you want to get him hot. More weapons the more merry our game is. If he's hurt hurt obviously don't play him but his in so it's assumed he's well above par health wise as there are others that can go as stated.

therealkoho

Him/Leaf/fan
Jul 10, 2009
the Prior
Gardiner more then ever needs to come out, he looked laboured tonight and looks like he lost his biggest weapon the ability to skate, I really can't wait for the Leafs to cut him loose

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
Gardiner more then ever needs to come out, he looked laboured tonight and looks like he lost his biggest weapon the ability to skate, I really can't wait for the Leafs to cut him loose

We will miss him when he's gone, no doubt about it.

But cant disagree with your assessment.

It's actually quite sad to watch such a long term Leaf just fizzle out towards the end of his time here.

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
Gardiner's been outplayed by Dermott and I'm not a Gardiner fan but the guy that Rosen needs to replace is Zaitsev. Zaitsev isn't defensively competent, he's terrible with the puck, he's holding back Muzzin, and imo I don't blame any single player for tonights loss which is on coaching but if I did, it'd be Zaitsev.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad