Games you are currently playing: ROUND FIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.

dogbazinho

May 24, 2006
Fairfax, VA
Still playing Civ 5. Trying to beat the game with all Civs on Deity. Quit my France Diety Culture victory attempt after the Aztecs ran away with it. Now on Shashone and off too a good start although the Huns just declared war on me. I'm ready though.

Commander Clueless

Hiya, hiya. Pleased to meetcha.
Sep 10, 2008
Valiant Hearts: The Great War

Picked it up for free off PS+ awhile back and I have to say, it's pretty fun. Simplistic, but interesting and fairly addicting. The historical stuff you can pick up/read is very interesting as well.

It manages to be grim and yet somewhat lighthearted at the same time.

Well done, Ubisoft Montpellier.

GindyDraws

I will not disable my Adblock, HF
Mar 13, 2014
Indianapolis
Went old-school and played Spyro the Dragon: Ripto's Rage & Year of the Dragon.

Both are fun and still hold up, but are very annoying for completionists (which I succeeded at for once) and the payoff in both games for going over 100% is so underwhelming.

Brodie562

Oct 3, 2003
LBC
Visit site
I've found a working time machine!!!

Counter-Strike: Source
Star Wars: KOTOR
and SSB Melee

with those three and some occasional FIFA 13 or NHL 12 my gaming fix is more then satisfied.

the only upcoming game that im looking forward and no doubt getting day of release is Metal Gear Solid V.

Saturated Fats

This is water
Jan 24, 2007
Vancouver/Edinburgh
I'm finally playing The Last of Us on PS4. I'm about 10 hours in. It is one of the most enrapturing stories I have ever seen in a video game. The combat and action is fun; the camera can be a little frustrating at times.

But yeah. Great bloody game.

Oscar Acosta

Mar 19, 2011
Getting back into Watch Dogs, only played it about an hour before putting it back in the pile, will give it a bit more of an honest try this time

Good game, never really got a fair shake. Not sure what people were expecting. I enjoyed it quite a bit.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Earthbound - The last stretch of the game is sheer lunacy. I don't know how they expect to to fight Giygas when you have to go through like 45 waves of enemies beforehand. Save your supplies for the final showdown? Nah, **** you. I was really enjoying it up until you have to go back to Onett near the end.

"You cannot comprehend the true form of Giygs' attack!"

Oh i can, it's called bull****. Of course it just instakills the one person i need to stay alive.

I mean, i wasn't expecting a cakewake but this is BS.

Last edited:

leova

Feb 28, 2008
Decided to try Assassins Creed 4 Black Flag since it was free on XBox last month
hadn't played any of the other AC games....

wow this thing blows. The intro does NOT bring me into the game, the controls suck, the ship-play is HORRIBLE and I find myself constantly running into things I can't see, the minimap SUCKS....the combat and character movement blows

the menus make me angry....wow this game is just BAD, SO SO BAD!

leova

Feb 28, 2008
also, obviously this is something leftover from the other games, but all this jazz about memories and simulations....

I don't want to play a game and have it say "haha it was all a dream" or some other BS at the end!

Oscar Acosta

Mar 19, 2011
It's not all a dream. The game is badass too, best AC game out there. Not sure what issues you're having with the controls, it was pretty smooth.

Commander Clueless

Sep 10, 2008
Decided to try Assassins Creed 4 Black Flag since it was free on XBox last month

wow this thing blows. The intro does NOT bring me into the game, the controls suck, the ship-play is HORRIBLE and I find myself constantly running into things I can't see, the minimap SUCKS....the combat and character movement blows

If you think Black Flag is bad, I can't wait to hear what you think of the other ones. Specifically Unity. :laugh:

AC4 is great IMO. Easily the best AC game to date.

McPuritania

LucicDestroyedHaley
May 25, 2010
Toussaint
Felt like playing an oldie lately. Borrowed Tactics Ogre for the PS1 from my brother. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tactics_Ogre:_Let_Us_Cling_Together

I never knew how insanely robust this game was till I played it myself. I'm almost finished it, and I'm up to 140 hours of gameplay. Once I finish it, I'm actually going to play it again, as there are three different story lines in the game, and I missed a bunch of side quests, and fun stuff. It's actually, a pretty addicting, and fun game. I'd suggest people check it out. Apparently from what I've read though, it's kind of hard to find, and copies sell for around $80. The psp version is a bit different, but is probably easier to find.

Commander Clueless

Sep 10, 2008
I'm finally immersed in the Witcher II: Assassins of Kings (Enhanced Edition for PC).

Great game so far.

Frankie Spankie

Feb 22, 2009
Dorchester, MA
I'm already about half way through Wolfenstein: The Old Blood. It's really good, mostly more of the same, which isn't bad at all. If you liked the first, you'll like this one too. No comment on the story yet. There is some good humor in it though.

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia

Really? I'm finally just playing it now and absolutely love it.

I've also been trying to play watch dogs, but those are some terrible controls. I was playing Tony Hawks Underground the other day, and the driving in it is honestly better than the driving in Watch Dogs

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Animal Crossing: New Leaf

Mortal Kombat X - Loving it now that i found a character to roll with (Cryomancer Sub-Zero/Warlock Quan Chi)

GTA V - This is the first game in the series that i actually have enjoyed playing though. San Andreas and IV bored the hell out of me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad