Games you are currently playing: ROUND FIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Girls Generation

Inaba Rising
Nov 12, 2014
Vancouver, BC
Ya? I've been using the 240
Yeah. Next time you play, pick the AE86. Even at the start it makes the game a joke.

Still, when I played it earlier last year, I was surprised at how well it held up, especially when you consider what they did for freeroaming against even other games that came out around that time. (GTA San Andreas, looking at you)

Butchered

I'm with Kuch
Apr 30, 2004
How far are you in P4G, might I ask?

God, at this point I couldn't even accurately tell you. I've restarted my game about 4 times because I felt like I wasn't making the best SLink choices. If I had to ballpark it, between all my playthroughs I'm probably at about 80 hours. I'm currently doing the Rise dungeon.

Girls Generation

Inaba Rising
Nov 12, 2014
Vancouver, BC
God, at this point I couldn't even accurately tell you. I've restarted my game about 4 times because I felt like I wasn't making the best SLink choices. If I had to ballpark it, between all my playthroughs I'm probably at about 80 hours. I'm currently doing the Rise dungeon.
Honestly, just forget about making the right Social Link choices. Max out the ones in your party, generally, then wait until the next playthrough to go for a max SLink run. (This is assuming you are on your first time)

But yeah, you are pretty much at the half way point of the game.

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
I'm greatly enjoying a retro point-and-click adventure game called Quest for Infamy. It pays homage to the old Sierra games like Quest for Glory (probably the greatest influence, hence the name), King's Quest and even Leisure Suit Larry. It looks and plays just like them. The graphics are even 320x240 and 256 colors. It has full voice acting, though.

One way in that it's a little different from the Sierra classics is that you play an anti-hero, instead of a hero. You're a brash rogue who is not out to make friends, but to steal and get into a little trouble. Your dialogue with NPCs tends to be sarcastic. Your inner dialogue, the narrator who speaks to you when you try to do things (like using the hand icon on the busty barmaid), provides the bulk of the game's humor, with a majority being crass, sexist or, commonly, mocking of you (ex. "You could attack that with your sword, but you'd just look like an imbecile, so you reconsider"). Also, the game has some RPG elements, such as simple combat and buying/selling items, but it's mainly a point-and-click adventure.

It may seem a little expensive at $19.99, but this is one massive game. It's like the Skyrim of point-and-click adventure games, no joke. There are so many locations and so many artwork screens per location. You would think that an indie developer with a Kickstarter budget would be more economical and create a more compact game, re-using locations/artwork, but that's not the case at all.

If you have a great fondness for the old Sierra (or LucasArts) point-and-click adventure games, you really should try Quest for Infamy. It's highly nostalgic, yet completely new.

ss_8697d266c0f09a9b57aaeb01680b746a03aa199c.600x338.jpg
ss_1a3750a0e01631f63cc3c4e9c197b4977944879b.600x338.jpg

http://store.steampowered.com/app/264560/

Last edited:

Commander Clueless

Hiya, hiya. Pleased to meetcha.
Sep 10, 2008
Ah man!

Quest for Glory was one of my favourite series ever.

I've spent a fair few hours on the AGD Interactive remake of QfG2. :laugh:

Colour me interested.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Police Quest was probably my first foray into video games. Would pay to play it again.

That poker game at the end of the first one is one of my most vivid memories of gaming: it took a while for my child mind to comprehend what was going on

Alongside The Secret of Monkey Island

It's thanks to those games that I learned English

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
Been working on Sunset Overdrive for about a week or so, quite enjoyable, a lot of great comments by the lead character
Love this game so much. Even after you beat it, it's fun to go back and re-do some of the missions and even just bounce around and kill the OD. The traversal in the game is done so well.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
I started playing Valdis Story: Abyssal City because I was craving a Metroidvania game

I didn't really like it though: the controls weren't very tight outside of combat, I'm not big into fighting games so the combat itself isn't that much fun, it's very tough and is not user-friendly at all

A real shame, I should have waited for it go to on sale... 17 dollars down the drain

Slot 3

exitus acta probat
Nov 2, 2005
Vancouver
Mainly World of Tanks.

Crusader Kings 2 and Cities:Skylines for the inevitable rage-quit from pixel tanks.

Oscar Acosta

Mar 19, 2011
Taking a little break from my 8 month Skyrim bender to play Deus Ex HR. Had a hard time getting into it initially but once I got passed the opening raid scene or whatever it felt more like the Deus Ex I like.

I never got past the raid. Never played a Deus Ex before it, but I just didn't get into it. And now at this point I'd have to start over to learn the controls again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad