GDT: GAME XXX: Avs vs. Flams -- The Walking Wounded

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Tip of the hat to Sakic and the pro scouts for finding underused assets in Donskoi and Bura and inserting them in the top-6.
Yeah, they've had poor luck with that in the past but those two plus Nuke have been real feathers in their caps.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Goaltending and Sam Girard playing like he did a month ago cost the Avs in this one.

With EJ out, Girard was playing the right side trying to clear Lucic in front of the net, and that led to the screened goal. Then G sends a poor pass to Zadorov that puts them down 3-2 to start the third. He also mistakenly played the puck when he should have just let it go, which led to the too many men penalty, and had a few preventable turnovers.

Tough game from G and Franky who didn’t seem to be on his game either. Could have used a couple more big saves from him, and he seemed to be having trouble looking around screens. Got caught too deep in his net on the third goal too. Need him playing a bit better than that if Grubauer is out.

At least the Big Chew got another goal. Flood gates are officially open.

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
Goaltending and Sam Girard playing like he did a month ago cost the Avs in this one.

With EJ out, Girard was playing the right side trying to clear Lucic in front of the net, and that led to the screened goal. Then G sends a poor pass to Zadorov that puts them down 3-2 to start the third. He also mistakenly played the puck when he should have just let it go, which led to the too many men penalty, and had a few preventable turnovers.

Tough game from G and Franky who didn’t seem to be on his game either. Could have used a couple more big saves from him, and he seemed to be having trouble looking around screens. Got caught too deep in his net on the third goal too. Need him playing a bit better than that if Grubauer is out.

At least the Big Chew got another goal. Flood gates are officially open.

I've noticed that problem too when I viewed Franke's highlights pre-nhl. Thats the trouble when you're not a BIG goalie. Hopefully that gets sorted out, still made some good saves though. I wonder how he would do in a shootout, he seems to be able to read skaters pretty well for the most part.

Reactions: Foppa2118

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
I've noticed that problem too when I viewed Franke's highlights pre-nhl. Thats the trouble when you're not a BIG goalie. Hopefully that gets sorted out, still made some good saves though. I wonder how he would do in a shootout, he seems to be able to read skaters pretty well for the most part.

It seems like that’s Frank’s one weakness. To deep in his night sometimes. Cost him on a goal against MTL too.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Zadorov takes out Tkachuk no matter who hits who. :laugh:

giphy.gif

Avs9296

Jul 1, 2019
Sam Girard needs to use a longer stick. It was a funny thing to talk about for the first little bit but it's seriously hurting his game. He can't shoot at all with that little junior stick. He can't poke check well. It's harder for him to keep a good gap on players. It's just not a stick any NHLer should be using let alone a defenseman. I hope he either realizes himself or a coach tells him to try using a longer stick. It would do him wonders I think.

Reactions: Balthazar

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Sam Girard needs to use a longer stick. It was a funny thing to talk about for the first little bit but it's seriously hurting his game. He can't shoot at all with that little junior stick. He can't poke check well. It's harder for him to keep a good gap on players. It's just not a stick any NHLer should be using let alone a defenseman. I hope he either realizes himself or a coach tells him to try using a longer stick. It would do him wonders I think.

Not sure he can do el tornade with a longer stick.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad