GDT: Game XX Pens VS Leafs: Should ether team even start a goalie? Would it matter?

Outcome of the game?

• Pens Regulation Win

• Leafs Regulation Win

• Pens Overtime Win

• Leafs Overtime Win

• Pens Shootout Win

• Leafs Shootout Win

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Harvey Birdman

…Need some law books, with pictures this time…
Oct 21, 2008
Penguins Legal Office
doitnkxnlfv4rqu89qjc.jpg

Pens Slide Two Spots In Power Rankings

Last edited:

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
I want Geno, Jarry and the PP to take this game by the balls and win it lol…yes, I’m living in a fantasy world…

on the other hand, maybe a loss gets Dubas moving…

Last edited:

Icarium

Feb 16, 2010
f***ing Yohe still doesn't have the guts to even imply that the Pens lack of discipline and general mental fragility might have something to do with the coaching staff. And applauds Sully and Reirden for the new power play unit. Why is he wasting his time in sports journalism, he should try stand up comedy instead,

• Haha
Reactions: Andy99

Josey Wales

May 16, 2022
f***ing Yohe still doesn't have the guts to even imply that the Pens lack of discipline and general mental fragility might have something to do with the coaching staff. And applauds Sully and Reirden for the new power play unit. Why is he wasting his time in sports journalism, he should try stand up comedy instead,
SOOOOOO The "ENTITLED" Core is Undisciplined & weak & it's the Coaching Staff's Fault ?? HAHAHAHA

NewAgeOutlaw

Belie Dat!
Jul 15, 2011
412/724
Anybody who has played sports with zone defense concepts knows how laughably bad the Pens' pp is.

Like, a 4 man box should immediately come apart with a couple of quick passes. 5 guys slowly passing around the perimeter and trying to pass through the box is the only way to not beat 4 guys.

Reactions: HandshakeLine

Ulf5

Feb 21, 2017
Anyone who even THINKS of putting nylander on an NHL power play should be fired. Immediately.

Karl Prime

Feb 13, 2017
I think Sullivan should be in hot water. You all have watched him coaching for far longer than I have, but this will be the 20th game I've watched with great detail, and it's just not working right. We can't really point to the players to say "Sully's doing it right but the players aren't executing. Sid has been excellent, and Malkin, Karlsson, Letang, Guentzel, Rust, Smith, and Pettersson have been good to great so far.

I think it's about time EK is given more freedom to play his game. This has to be the fewest amount of times per game he's skated the puck out of the D-zone in his entire career. It makes me think Sully isn't aware that one of his greatest strengths is breaking out, and yet on the regular all we see is EK rimming the puck around - which at best leads to rushes up ice, but more often leads to giving the opponent the puck again in neutral zone, or turning it over because the winger wasn't there/couldn't get it out. The chemistry with Sid has been blossoming recently, so that's good at least.

Also, what the hell is with the stretch pass fetish Sully has? Too often it's just a hope play instead of a well-supported breakout with short clean passes. Surely Dubas can't be watching these games thinking this is the vision he has for how he wants this team to play.

Even if they have a good win tonight I think Dubas should be contemplating a change.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad