GDT: Game XVII 1800hrs EST Pens vs Knights: Win it for MAF!

Who scores tonight:

• Sid

Votes: 4 36.4%
  • Geno

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Karlsson

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Smith

Votes: 2 18.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Darren McCord

Dec 15, 2015
Quiet you :P

L3 isnt getting buried, as long as they are neutral or a small positive, thats all we can really ask for with the talent on hand. This team is going to ride or die on the top 6. Let them work out their issues instead of swapping things around.

Nah swap things around. most of these players are complacent. They wont figure out crap unless a coach actually lights a fire under them. The issue is the coach is the most complacent.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
As everyone knows, I’m squarely in the one line team won’t win no matter how good the line…break it temporarily to see if we can get two good lines rather than one go really good line and three shitty ones

Yohe continues to display he knows next to nothing about hockey and just spouts cliches that he hears on his Twitter feed.

Reactions: Gurglesons

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia
1700419257997.png

GCR is the best line in hockey? It's up there offensively, sure. But there's this whole other thing called "defense", which Yohe hasn't heard of apparently.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
View attachment 770474
GCR is the best line in hockey? It's up there offensively, sure. But there's this whole other thing called "defense", which Yohe hasn't heard of apparently.
That's because you're expecting him to understand more about the game than he does.

His "opinions" are him just regurgitating things people tweet to him on his timeline or just reading his fellow idiot Pittsburgh media guys.

Someone probably tweeted about how GCR is the best line in hockey and he's running with it. Someone probably tweeted about how Rakell brings nothing if he's not scoring and he's running with it. He's shown time and again his "takes" are dumb.

Reactions: AuroraBorealis

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
So no changes from last game? except backup in net and maybe Carter in and Rakell out. Zoho back to L3 and Carter in for Rakell.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
Gonna miss most of this because my hungover ass has to go play some beer league hockey at 5.

Hope we get the two points. Following up a 5 game winning streak with a 3 game losing streak is extremely 2022 Pens.

Reactions: Gurglesons

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Gonna miss most of this because my hungover ass has to go play some beer league hockey at 5.

Hope we get the two points. Following up a 5 game winning streak with a 3 game losing streak is extremely 2022 Pens.
In other words, the most likely outcome.

This is what this team has done to me. I always expect the worst and hope for the best every time they play.

They've turned me into Randy Quaid in Major League.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
In other words, the most likely outcome.

This is what this team has done to me. I always expect the worst and hope for the best every time they play.

They've turned me into Randy Quaid in Major League.

It really has become a depressing team to root for. The last two games being right on script was very disappointing.

Super Duper

Oct 2, 2014
Toronto
It could always be a worse team to root for I guess.

Pens need to put a focus on control and completing passes they want to have success. The last 2 games were just clinics in how to give the puck away as much as possible

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia
It's crazy how much rope Nieto gets compared to others. A single point so far, and that one only in a blowout game vs the worst team in the league.
Why is he still here? Call up Nylander? It's pretty difficult to be worse. Give L4 a pulse ffs.
He's got 5 goals in 11 games down in Wilkes.

Reactions: Darren McCord

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
It's crazy how much rope Nieto gets compared to others. A single point so far, and that one only in a blowout game vs the worst team in the league.
Why is he still here? Call up Nylander? It's pretty difficult to be worse. Give L4 a pulse ffs.

If he weren’t decent on the PK, I’m sure it would have happened already. I’d like us to find a 4C to allow Acciari to move to wing.

DesertedPenguin

Mar 11, 2007
Because Nieto is a fantastic penalty killer. He, Acciari and Eller have been a primary reason why the PK has been better this season.

You can't have soft perimeter players on every line. Nieto forechecks, can be physical, and is excellent on the PK. That's fine for $900k on the fourth line.

Reactions: Empoleon8771

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA

Because he fills a role that the 4th line is going for while Nylander doesn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad