GDT: Game XIIV 1930hrs Pens vs Sabres: Return of the crappy start times

Jagr:

• Happy we are retiring his jersey

Votes: 31 81.6%
  • Not happy at all

Votes: 3 7.9%
  • Jagerbomb shots? Why we talking about alcohol?

Votes: 4 10.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
Honestly I don't even think it's reasonable to ask him to do that, most goalies can't do that.

I'd rather him be putting up a .925 save% every game over putting up a shutout followed by an .850 save% game. But even without that, just have fewer elite and bad performances and just get more good performances.
I feel like he's always been a little hot and cold like that.

But yes regardless it'd be nice to get some consistency. That will let the team build faith in the way they want to play. Nothing will derail this recent spurt of solid defensive play by the team faster than a goalie letting in shit goals.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
UlPlD42.gif

Sideline

May 23, 2004
Classic Penguins can't hit an empty net, but EK65 is the solution there too. Such a great pick up.

DesertedPenguin

Mar 11, 2007
Empty netter for EK is nice, but if Malkin continues to play like he has, I'd like Sullivan to get his line out there for some ENG situations. That line has been excellent from the start of the year and deserves to stat pad.

Reactions: Andy99

ZorkEnchanter

Aug 16, 2020
I feel like he's always been a little hot and cold like that.

But yes regardless it'd be nice to get some consistency. That will let the team build faith in the way they want to play. Nothing will derail this recent spurt of solid defensive play by the team faster than a goalie letting in shit goals.
I think it goes hand and hand with Jarry.

If they play solid defense (and don't give away easy goals via 2v1s or not covering the crease) he does well.

I mean how many 2 on 1's or easy shots have we given up in the last few games.... not many.

Reactions: Pancakes

Shaftception

Apr 6, 2011
Kind of off topic but I think the commentary duo has been pretty good tonight, especially Army.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad