Post-Game Talk: Game XI Pens win vs Ducks: I am your father's brother's nephew's cousin's former roommate

Sully would be which character:

• Darth Helmet

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • Barf

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • Lone Starr

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • President Skroob

Votes: 8 33.3%
  • Colonel Sandurz

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • Prince Valium

Votes: 7 29.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
spaceballs-space.gif

Good job pulling out the win boys. Wasnt pretty, but it counts. Liked how they kept fighting when Jarry went down. Jake, you suck.

giphy.gif

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
Props to Hellberg for coming in under difficult circumstances and making some saves to preserve the win.

Ugly win but this team needs to learn how to win ugly. They aren't fast enough or skilled enough to skate by on talent any more. More wins like this would go a long way towards actually making the playoffs.

Powerplay really needs to not be so bad. Almost lost them this game and almost conceded a SHG against too.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Props to Hellberg for coming in under difficult circumstances and making some saves to preserve the win.

Ugly win but this team needs to learn how to win ugly. They aren't fast enough or skilled enough to skate by on talent any more. More wins like this would go a long way towards actually making the playoffs.

Powerplay really needs to not be so bad. Almost lost them this game and almost conceded a SHG against too.

Exactly…horrifically boring game but if they’re going to get back into the playoff race they’re going to have to play like this a lot more because of our lack of speed and skill lol

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
solid game, they need to learn how to beat these crazy fast forechecks, i thought Letang and EK could do that, but they are not even trying..other tha that post and another shot from the left side, don't remember any major danger...

hope they don't repeat the last year when they beat Ducks then got killed by Kings..

Reactions: Andy99

KareemTrustfund

Domiking Simon
Jun 19, 2012
No major complaints but Guentzel’s been annoying me all season with sulky body language and shit effort. L1 as a whole just plain sucks. Sid is too old to make up for Jakes minimal effort night in and night out

Really liking Ryan Shea. He is an NHLer.

L3 back to creating chances consistently.

Headshot77

Bad Photoshopper
Feb 15, 2015
Gutsy win! Very pleasantly surprised.

Man the Ducks looked dead for 55 minutes of this game or so. Was it the Pens playing well or the Ducks being bad? Idk

AlphaMikeFoxtrots

The Sounds of Silence
Sponsor
Oct 17, 2014
Actually cool that this team can put up a 10 spot the previous game, then hold on to a dirty, tight forechecking 1-0 lead the next game against tougher competition.
It's been a long time since we've seen similar, seems like.

I wasn't sure how to feel about this one going in, and I'm pissed on Jarry's behalf and hope he's okay, but they needed a win ugly, and they got one.

Extra Texture

A new career
Mar 21, 2008
in a new town
That was a gritty win. Ugly at times, but they got it over the line, and against a talented team that is definitely learning how to win. We just need points right now and that got them.

I was impressed with how calm Hellberg was coming in cold. And Radim the Dream strikes again, and now has his best goal scoring season as a Pen already. We let this guy get away once, I hope it doesn’t happen again.

Now, over to see the Sharks hopefully earn their first win against Philly….

Reactions: AlphaMikeFoxtrots
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad