GDT: | Game #VII | Pens vs Flames |1900hrs MST | Effort cant be worse than last night

If the over/under for goals was set at 8, which would you take?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Al Smith

Apr 28, 2012
Got home from travel in time to see Flames score their fourth goal and the Pens go quietly through the motions in the 3rd. At least we can look fondly back at our 4-0-1 start.

Reactions: Andy99

Trade

Guentzel is ELITE
Apr 13, 2015
Heinen had what..1 or 2 periods without any production on L1 before Sullivan moved him? Rust is going on 4 periods without production but that’s ok?

This coach is too much sometimes.
Sid looked so happy when Heinen scored, too. So we can’t even use the “Sid wanted him off” excuse.

Reactions: canadianguy77

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
Breakouts because of poor puck management and passing decisions.

We are literally unable to string a pass together tonight. It's the usually Penguins looking bad shit.
Sure. But when you have nobody who can skate a puck up, you're left having to execute perfect breakout passes to get anywhere. Yeah with better decisions we could solve that problem somewhat, but we have no skating safety net. When Letang or Matheson or Marino had nothing last year on the breakout, they'd just skate it up the ice and dump it in.

This year? Nobody can do that consistently so far. Petry and Rutta sure don't have the legs for that. So we're left with executing a breakout and we look f***ing shit at that lately.

If you're not gonna be able to skate pucks up the ice ever you better get a hell of a lot better at puck management than we currently are.

Watching Letang drop pass the puck to nobody on these PP breakouts is so f***ing painful

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Sure. But when you have nobody who can skate a puck up, you're left having to execute perfect breakout passes to get anywhere. Yeah with better decisions we could solve that problem somewhat, but we have no skating safety net. When Letang or Matheson or Marino had nothing last year on the breakout, they'd just skate it up the ice and dump it in.

This year? Nobody can do that consistently so far. Petry and Rutta sure don't have the legs for that. So we're left with executing a breakout and we look f***ing shit at that lately.

If you're not gonna be able to skate pucks up the ice ever you better get a hell of a lot better at puck management than we currently are.
There is no issue with skating the puck out. Rutta and Petry are both great skaters.

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
A30BE1FD-970E-4ADC-8EDF-1C0B8599891D.jpeg

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
There is no issue with skating the puck out. Rutta and Petry are both great skaters.
Agree to disagree there I guess. Petry is shifty but he has no gear to escape forecheckers. And he's struggled with faster teams so far

Reactions: vodeni

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
We're gonna dump a bunch of goals onto Vancouver and Seattle's shit goaltending and get lulled into thinking everything is fixed again

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I was going to buy tickets for the Penguins-Kraken game when the Penguins come to Seattle, but I kinda don't want to spend the $120 to go to that game when watching this :laugh:

Maybe I'll go to get Beniers on my Kraken jersey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad