Votes: 4 9.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ignatius

TROUBA = CAPTAIN COOKE
Apr 28, 2010
Sin Bin
This is a real bitch of an opponent. I have the Stars winning the Cup. Their Forward depth is just straight up mean.

It would not surprise me if this was their year, they've been so close in recent years and I had them picked to represent the West last playoffs. They just didn't put everything together and get hot all at the same time like Vegas did.

Reactions: AuroraBorealis

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
POJ's just a younger guy who has high highs, and low lows. I say just let 'em play through it cuz, f*** it, nothin' matters. But that's not how an NHL coach is gonna operate.

I think Ruhwedel's benefiting mostly from Sullivan's weirdness about the side he plays on. If he was a LD, I don't think we'd see him as much.

Reactions: Gurglesons

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
POJ's just a younger guy who has high highs, and low lows. I say just let 'em play through it cuz, f*** it, nothin' matters. But that's not how an NHL coach is gonna operate.

I think Ruhwedel's benefiting mostly from Sullivan's weirdness about the side he plays on. If he was a LD, I don't think we'd see him as much.

Nah. We saw Ruh play LD over other players before lol

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh

I think because they couldn't get him on the cup they owe him some kind of something?

What that is, I have no idea.

Edit: Like them bringing back Lovejoy. He was not in the refs radar, he had size and even if he just used the wall, a lot, he made safe plays, plus contributed.

I'd take 39 YO Lovejoy over Ruh.

Last edited:

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Nope. You must be using expected numbers, because what POJ actually did on the ice was much better than Ruh.

I'm looking at NST right now, you're wrong.

POJ had a great 5v5 goal differential. In terms of actual analytics, Ruhwedel was better. Or at least the numbers between the two are too similar to even remotely claim that POJ had "sparkling" analytics. Their CF% (53.41% to 52.75%), FF% (52.38% to 53.44%), SF% (52.95% to 53.88%) and HDCF% (51.97% to 53.31%) are basically indistinguishable. In terms of xGF%, Ruhwedel is at a 54.02% compared to POJ at a 52.66%.

POJ had good 5v5 production and a really strong 5v5 goal differential. Beyond that, it's pretty meh.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
Imagine defending Ruhwedel... In any form.

Other players that matter? I mean, POJ barely matters. I can't remember Ruhwedel playing over anybody worth giving a shit about, but I'm not like fanatically locked in on dumb shit like that.
Considering Ruh has twice been locked as the #6 there's many who this team could have had, being aging vets or otherwise.

Reactions: Gurglesons

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
Just to be clear and avoid confusion; Ruhwedel's f***ing trash. I'd rather never see him play hockey again. I just don't have the energy to really give a f*** about a bottom pairing nobody like Ruhwedel getting a spot in the lineup.

It is what it is. Go Sid, Geno and Karlsson.
I vaguely recall Oleksiak sitting for Ruhwedel, but Sullivan and JR were just generally stupid with Oleksiak to begin with.
Fair. Didn't remember that. JR got him cuz "big" and as soon as Wilson kicked the shit out of Oleksiak, he was traded before his unconscious body hit the ice.

What a dumb situation that was. :laugh:

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
I'm looking at NST right now, you're wrong.

POJ had a great 5v5 goal differential. In terms of actual analytics, Ruhwedel was better. Or at least the numbers between the two are too similar to even remotely claim that POJ had "sparkling" analytics. Their CF% (53.41% to 52.75%), FF% (52.38% to 53.44%), SF% (52.95% to 53.88%) and HDCF% (51.97% to 53.31%) are basically indistinguishable. In terms of xGF%, Ruhwedel is at a 54.02% compared to POJ at a 52.66%.

POJ had good 5v5 production and a really strong 5v5 goal differential. Beyond that, it's pretty meh.

POJ had the best GF and GA per 60 of our regular D men last season.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA

Guess they are running with Ludvig on RD, interesting.

POJ had the best GF and GA per 60 of our regular D men last season.

So like I said, he had a great 5v5 goal differential. That's not analytics.

Analytics are effectively shot differentials. GF and GA aren't analytics.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
I'm interested to see what Ludvig does. Not expecting much as a waiver get, and playing on his off side no less.

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia
It would not surprise me if this was their year, they've been so close in recent years and I had them picked to represent the West last playoffs. They just didn't put everything together and get hot all at the same time like Vegas did.
Yep, and now these off-season additions. Some great contracts sprinkled in. Just get Oettinger playing well and they're as good as anyone imo.

Reactions: Ignatius

3ladesof5teel

Feb 20, 2012
How funny is it that many wanted Klongberg here over Tanger.

Guy was a product of some good offensive Dallas teams and he wasn't even their best Dman.

Heiskanen is a stud

Reactions: Andy99

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
I'm late to the party on this POJ v RUH debate. But I like results as opposed to expected results. Last season I came up with a Randy Butternubs % for forward lines. And I guess I can use it for individual results too. Last year's RB% for POJ was 57.8% and RUH was 50.4%. The higher the better.

• Love
Reactions: Ugene Magic

3ladesof5teel

Feb 20, 2012
I’ve wanted Ludvig in since we acquired him
I don't believe it.....he might be a little too rough for your liking. Or Sullivan anyway

In all seriousness I have never seen him play and his toughness/game must be pretty deciving because he doesn't look like that type of guy. The video posted of him 3 weeks ago and he struggled doing 3 pullups.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad