Votes: 16 39.0%
  • Other

Votes: 4 9.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Throughout his career, Oettinger has faced the Penguins in three games and has a 2-1-0 record, a 2.01 goals against average and a .938 save percentage.

SomeDude

Mar 6, 2006
Pittsburghish
Wtf are you talking about? Did the Cavs not draft Lebron or the caps not draft ov?

Since when is a 3rd overall player “a diamond in the rough”
The Pens historically are not the greatest drafting team if a can’t miss superstar isn’t on the table. I don’t know why you’re so defensive about it.

The Stars 2017 draft class is widely regarded as one of the best in many years. It’s impressive to get 3 franchise caliber players (at all 3 positions to boot) in 1 draft.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
BTW, the only player on the roster who had a goal in both games against Dallas last season is not playing tonight lol: POJ…I’m surprised to see Shea in still over him because Shea wasn’t great against the Blues…

Reactions: Gurglesons

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia
BTW, the only player on the roster who had a goal in both games against Dallas last season is not playing tonight lol: POJ…I’m surprised to see Shea in still over him because Shea wasn’t great against the Blues…
Shea had really good metrics, but with a few critical errors mixed in. I don't mind him seeing more time to see if he can clean it up.
But I definitely feel that POJ should be our 3LD. He was pretty good in games 1-3. Very short leash.

Reactions: Andy99

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Shea had really good metrics, but with a few critical errors mixed in. I don't mind him seeing more time to see if he can clean it up.
But I definitely feel that POJ should be our 3LD. He was pretty good in games 1-3. Very short leash.
Mike “short leash for anyone under age 30” Sullivan…

Reactions: AuroraBorealis

NeedleInTheHay

Mar 26, 2008
The Pens historically are not the greatest drafting team if a can’t miss superstar isn’t on the table. I don’t know why you’re so defensive about it.

The Stars 2017 draft class is widely regarded as one of the best in many years. It’s impressive to get 3 franchise caliber players (at all 3 positions to boot) in 1 draft.
Thats great and all but the pens still have a better draft this era which was the topic.

Btw Jake and Letang were both 3rd round picks, I consider that pretty good drafting. Quality over quantity in sports every time.

WickedWrister

Jul 25, 2008
Philadelphia
Bunch of games scheduled for xx:15 or xx:45 today. Can't recall if I've seen that before.
They're staggering them for ESPN "Frozen Frenzy"

1698186027652.png

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
I thought Shea was fine, but he looks like an NHL/AHL tweener.

POJ makes mistakes, as most young defensemen so, but I think there's still enough natural ability there to turn into a Pettersson type. I really want him to be given some leash with Shea/Ludvig on the other side. I think their size compliments POJ's style.

Reactions: Andy99

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
Classic. Two games on Sunday, one game on Monday, 16 games on Tuesday, one game on Wednesday, 11 games on Thursday. :laugh: Bang up job, schedule makers.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I'm good with them playing both Ludvig and Shea, it allows Ludvig to start on LD plus it gives them a bit more of a look at Shea. They need to see what they have between those two because I'm skeptical that POJ is going to be around for very long.

POJ's play style doesn't fit the kind of bottom pair they want to begin with, so I'm hoping that both Ludvig and Shea can show they're NHL caliber and make that the bottom pair.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
I'm good with them playing both Ludvig and Shea, it allows Ludvig to start on LD plus it gives them a bit more of a look at Shea. They need to see what they have between those two because I'm skeptical that POJ is going to be around for very long.

POJ's play style doesn't fit the kind of bottom pair they want to begin with, so I'm hoping that both Ludvig and Shea can show they're NHL caliber and make that the bottom pair.

When Sullivan doesn’t like your style that means you should be playing.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
When Sullivan doesn’t like your style that means you should be playing.

Cool story. Doesn't change anything I said.

For how little the bottom pair plays, they need guys who can give safe and boring results in the ~12 minutes of defensive usage and PK time they're going to get. POJ doesn't fit that at all.

The only reason to keep POJ at this point is to have top-4 injury insurance to Pettersson or Graves, so you don't need to promote someone like Ludvig or Shea into a top-4 role with an injury. Beyond that, he's not needed pretty much at all for what his role requires.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Cool story. Doesn't change anything I said.

For how little the bottom pair plays, they need guys who can give safe and boring results in the ~12 minutes of defensive usage and PK time they're going to get. POJ doesn't fit that at all.

The only reason to keep POJ at this point is to have top-4 injury insurance to Pettersson or Graves, so you don't need to promote someone like Ludvig or Shea into a top-4 role with an injury. Beyond that, he's not needed pretty much at all for what his role requires.

I would say the reason to keep POJ is because he showed he can be a 20+ pt NHL defensemen with pretty sparkling analytics and on ice impacts.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
POJ you understand growing pains.

There's also no wrong in trying guys, mainly due to RUH. They need that stable stay at home with some size and puck poise.

Reactions: Gurglesons
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad