Pre-Game Talk: Game SIX |Senators in Bostons | Sunday 3 p.m. | SportsNet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
Wideman being benched and Kelly barely playing.

Replace them with White and Claesson?

Why bother dressing a player that won't be used.

starling

Nov 7, 2010
Ottawa
Boston Bruins are 0-23 when trailing 3 games to 1 in a best-of-7 series. Ottawa Senators are 8-0 when up 3-1.

Here we go guys let's make history :sarcasm:

RAFI BOMB

May 11, 2016
There could be some lineup changes based off of injuries and performance. Boucher said today that he won't know if Stalberg, Pyatt or Boro are available until tomorrow. Don Brennan asked if Wingels would be in no matter what and Boucher said not necessarily, he said he is comfortable playing everyone because we have won with all types of rosters this season.

My guess is that if Boro is healthy he draws in for Wideman.

Both Pyatt and Stalberg could be out so they will likely be replaced. Kelly didn't provide much last game and given his limited minutes it is possible that someone else draws in. So 2 of Wingles, Neil and White could be in next game. I would go with Neil and White.

Also has Nick Paul been called up? His style of play would be well suited for this series.

RAFI BOMB

May 11, 2016
Boston Bruins are 0-23 when trailing 3 games to 1 in a best-of-7 series. Ottawa Senators are 8-0 when up 3-1.

Here we go guys let's make history :sarcasm:

How did the series between Toronto and Boston play out? I thought Toronto was up 3-1 and then lost the series.

Knave

Mar 6, 2007
Ottawa
How did the series between Toronto and Boston play out? I thought Toronto was up 3-1 and then lost the series.

Boston went up 3-1, almost choked and then the Leafs showed Boston how choking is done in Game 7 Period 3.

Someone needs to make a "History Will Be Made" commercial of that.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
Gonna make a wild guess that we go with 7 defensemen. It would be hard to take Wideman out because he PPs the 2nd unit QB, but at the same time after last night's game and Wideman's usage after the 2nd period I am guessing Guy Boucher doesn't trust him at ES.

Although Ceci might be able to QB the 2PP unit, he hasn't been used on the PP much at all lately I would assume because guy Boucher relies on him so much at ES.

With Boston having home ice advantage the Senators will have to endure the Bruins having the last change, which will further limit Boucher's ability to shelter Wideman. In regards to running 11 forwards, Boucher barely played the 12th forward last night, so if that is going to continue....maybe he goes with 11 F/7 D in order to keep Wideman for the PP, but not have to necessarily play him at ES.

RAFI BOMB

May 11, 2016
Gonna make a wild guess that we go with 7 defensemen. It would be hard to take Wideman out because he PPs the 2nd unit QB, but at the same time after last night's game and Wideman's usage after the 2nd period I am guessing Guy Boucher doesn't trust him at ES.

Although Ceci might be able to QB the 2PP unit, he hasn't been used on the PP much at all lately I would assume because guy Boucher relies on him so much at ES.

With Boston having home ice advantage the Senators will have to endure the Bruins having the last change, which will further limit Boucher's ability to shelter Wideman. In regards to running 11 forwards, Boucher barely played the 12th forward last night, so if that is going to continue....maybe he goes with 11 F/7 D in order to keep Wideman for the PP, but not have to necessarily play him at ES.

Wideman was basically scratched for a good portion of the 3rd period and most of both overtimes. He hasn't been that great on the power play either lately. We can use another forward on the powerplay to take his spot. Wideman needs to sit for at least a game.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Wideman was easily our worst defenceman last night. Got beat consistently when pressed physically, and was losing battles both for pucks and position all night. The longer the game went, the more of a liability he became.

If he sits for Game 6, I'll be totally fine with it.

scallionjj11

FOREVERALFIE
Jun 10, 2009
East Coast
Wideman was easily our worst defenceman last night. Got beat consistently when pressed physically, and was losing battles both for pucks and position all night. The longer the game went, the more of a liability he became.

If he sits for Game 6, I'll be totally fine with it.

Couldn't agree anymore and you could tell Boucher had more trust in Harper then he did in Wideman

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
Not feeling good about this one. We couldn't take advantage of their injuries and Karlsson just played a double OT. We gave them life when they had none.

Hopefully I'm eating crow tomorrow.

pepty

Let's win it all
Feb 22, 2005
Closing out a team is not easy. Minny just tied up their game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad