TV: Game of Thrones | Series Finale GDT

Status
Not open for further replies.

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
My vote for most disappointing scene last night was Dany's death scene with Jon which like so much of the season seemed rushed. That scene should have been Wagnerian in impact but was anything but. Tears should have been in order. But the whole scene was about as passionate and moving as ordering a pastrami sandwich at a deli.

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com
This is an offensive take, congratulations. A strong character crying is not "weak girly stuff" who is "gushing like a jilted bridesmaid". Stunning that you complain about sexism in the writing but turn around and toss out these sexist takes as a complaint.

Part of the issue is the whole one nighter with Jamie was awkward and forced. You just had this great scene with her being knighted.

Papa Francouz

Nov 25, 2013
Denver, CO
My vote for most disappointing scene last night was Dany's death scene with Jon which like so much of the season seemed rushed. That scene should have been Wagnerian in impact but was anything but. Tears should have been in order. But the whole scene was about as passionate and moving as ordering a pastrami sandwich at a deli.
Lol. So true. The acting this season has been great given what they were given to work with, but that scene was unbelievable as all hell. For all of the "love" these two characters had for each other, the emotional impact of a betrayal of that magnitude was effectively zero.

Shareefruck

Apr 2, 2005
Vancouver, BC
Just seems like there are those who had made up their minds by 8:59PM ET last night.
It only "seems" that way because you disagree with them and are trying to find and latch onto any narrative that bolsters your position while dismissing others.

People do this all the time, and it's incredibly lazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad