TV: Game of Thrones | Season 8 (Final) | Part IX -TV talk ONLY -NO Books, Spoilers, NO LEAKS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
There's a featurette on youtube about Jon+Dany's scene. Peter Dinklage says that Tyrion is worried for the pair of them because of the problems them being together can cause for the effort.

I'm guessing he thinks their pairing could be a political disaster.

Wasn't Tyrion the one that told her she would likely have to marry a powerful man in Westeros?

Who's a better bachelor at this point than Jon Snow?

He's sooooooooooo dreamy!

SPV

Zoinks!
Sponsor
Feb 4, 2003
New Hampshire
hfboards.com
I've long speculated that Martin will never finish these books, and I think reading through a thread about how the show is wrapping up makes me think I'm right. Wrapping up an epic story-line like this would inevitably upset a large portion of the fan-base.

I loved this season, I thought they did a great job building tension. I had to suspend my disbelief with the travel time & distance; but that aside, it was some of the best television I've watched. I imagine there will be loads of well deserved Emmy nominations & wins.

My only predictions for next year is that I think about half the people that were at the dragon pit will be killed. That six episodes to close out all the story-lines is going to feel a little rushed. And finally, that many people are going to dislike a lot of the choices they make to conclude it.

Seb

All we are is Dustin Byfuglien
Jul 15, 2006
Wasn't Tyrion the one that told her she would likely have to marry a powerful man in Westeros?

Who's a better bachelor at this point than Jon Snow?

He's sooooooooooo dreamy!

He might like Jon Snow as a person but maybe he sees him as a threat as a ruler since he doesn't play the game of thrones.

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
I still think Tyrion betrays Dany/Jon. Not going to be like a WWE-style heel turn but him finding out about Cersei's pregnancy changes everything. And the fact that Dany "cant" have children is also on his mind.

Tyrion always thinks about the future. 'Who will rule when they're gone' kind of thoughts.
I think this is spot on. So much about the Cersei/Tyrion scene suggest it: she doesn't kill him, not because he's family, but because she knows he's valuable to her; she lets him figure out that she is pregnant and then we do not know their conversation after that. Obviously some quid pro quo has been worked out or she wouldn't have changed her mind about allowing adversaries to cross her lands. So what did Tyrion offer in return.

Plus, a big plot twist is needed for the final season or it all becomes too predictable.

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
It really was a classic episode. If I had a dollar for every meaningful glance between characters...

The best was:

Sam: Hi Bran!
Bran: I know everything.

Sam:
maxresdefault.jpg

As far as Tyrion thanks for the responses. Definitely some things to ponder about. The fact this his and Cerci's convo ended off camera is troubling. LOTS of things happen off-camera with Cerci especially in that episode. Euron running away, her promising her armies... etc.

Munch on this... maybe Tyrion is setting Dany up and he is sad that Jon has taken to her because he actually really does like Jon. Tyrion talked so much about how he loved Tommen, Joffrey (barf) and the girl (forget her name) and how he does things for his family. Knowing Cerci is pregnant may change how he wants the legacy of his family to unfold. There is light now for the Lannisters. The end isn't neigh for them anymore.

Regardless, we can speculate tons here, and we will.. but I am betting Tyrion ends up with Baby Lannister at the end of the show. Somehow Cerci and Jamie will be gone / unable to take care of the child. Seems like a perfect ending for Tyrion to me.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
He might like Jon Snow as a person but maybe he sees him as a threat as a ruler since he doesn't play the game of thrones.

He's a threat as a ruler as well since everyone naturally follows him. Jon swore fealty to Daenerys, but he's been making more of the decisions. This is a new thing for Daenerys.

I've said in earlier threads, but he lives the way he wants the world to be and Daenerys greatly admires it because she wants to be that way also.

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016

Tyrion seems open to anyone being on the throne so long as they're kind and honourable

Before learning of Cersei's pregancy, I think he'd have been fine with Snow ruling the realm

Now? All we can do is speculate

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
So, Dany is now pregnant, right? We're all in agreement?

That's what Bran meant by "too late", right?

The Night King has a thing for babies, so I can't help but wonder if Jon/Dany's child is what the NK is really after

USC Trojans

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
May 17, 2002
LA Oiler fan
I've been wondering if Arya will attempt to hire Hagar for a job

The only thing that really comes to mind is hiring him to kill and become Euron and then lead the fleet north to help in the Great War

Cersei hires the Golden Company from Braavos
Arya uses his connections with the Faceless Men to infiltrate their ranks.

Not very likely since Arya and Jaqen didn't leave on the best of terms, but it does open room for the return of Daario.

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
So, Dany is now pregnant, right? We're all in agreement?

That's what Bran meant by "too late", right?

The Night King has a thing for babies, so I can't help but wonder if Jon/Dany's child is what the NK is really after

Would possibly explain why he didn't kill the dragon she was sitting on right in front of his face? He didn't want her to die maybe?

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
It's possible that whatever child is borne from a Jon/Dany union is the "prince that was promised" and that the Night King is hot on it's trail.

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
Is it possible the "prince that was promised" means "promised to the Night King"?

As in, the Night King needs a successor and was promised a royal child in exchange for staying north of the wall

Maybe Jon was that prince?

The reemergence of the Night King would kind of line up with Jon's birth

It could be when he wasn't given his prince, he spent the next 20 years or so slowly building up an army to retrieve his prince

Or, as Missandei says, it could mean "prince or princess" with Dany being the one the Night King wants

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
I still think Jon is either the Prince Who Was Promised or Lightbringer.

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
So, I had predicted that Jaime would run into Melisandre, but I kinda forgot she had made her way down to Dragonstone and then was headed to Volantis

Last edited:

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
So, I had predicted that Jaime would run into Melisandre, but I kinda forgot she had made her way down to Dragonstone

But is she still there?

I still think there's a chance they could run into each other

She is across the Narrows Sea. Once Jon showed up she peaced out.

Frank the Tank

The Godfather
Aug 15, 2005
Chicago, IL
He's a threat as a ruler as well since everyone naturally follows him. Jon swore fealty to Daenerys, but he's been making more of the decisions. This is a new thing for Daenerys.

I've said in earlier threads, but he lives the way he wants the world to be and Daenerys greatly admires it because she wants to be that way also.

There's a reason that numerous seasons/books has Daenerys and Jon learning how to be leaders, and failing when taking extreme approaches.

V13

Fire Sell Tank
Sep 21, 2005
M1 Habsram
Tyrion seems open to anyone being on the throne so long as they're kind and honourable

Before learning of Cersei's pregancy, I think he'd have been fine with Snow ruling the realm

Now? All we can do is speculate

Well , the last 2 times one of Cersei children ruled the kingdoms it didn't end up too well. One was a crazy and bloodthirsty psychopath and the other was a softie who was getting manipulated left and right and ended up offing himself. Tommen wasn't a bad kid but he didn't have what it takes to be a great ruler imho. Too soft and too emo.

If i was Tyrion i wouldn't want to have anything to do with Cersei yet to be born kid ruling the 7 kingdoms. By default it means that Cersei would still have a lot of power and influence which is a bad bad thing.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
That is certainly an interesting twist. But I will be pissed if the NK simply turns out to be a rip off of Rumpelstiltskin.

It's hard to say without knowing the Night King's motivations/agenda. Given the existential threat he seems to represent though it's hypothetical but likely child borne from the union of Jon/Dany seems to fit the bill of the "prince that was promised."

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
Well , the last 2 times one of Cersei children ruled the kingdoms it didn't end up too well. One was a crazy and bloodthirsty psychopath and the other was a softie who was getting manipulated left and right and ended up offing himself. Tommen wasn't a bad kid but he didn't have what it takes to be a great ruler imho. Too soft and too emo.

If i was Tyrion i wouldn't want to have anything to do with Cersei yet to be born kid ruling the 7 kingdoms. By default it means that Cersei would still have a lot of power and influence which is a bad bad thing.

That's all true

But it's Jaime's kid too

Evincar

I have found the way
Aug 10, 2012
She didn't kill him, there has to be some love in her for him.

She called Jaime out for not killing Tyrion when they met in a secret meeting, but when she had the opportunity to do it she did not.

I personally believe Tyrion and Cersei agreed on something that displeases him and that's why he looked uncomfortable.

She doesnt love Tyrion. She didnt kill him out of fear that Dany retaliates right there in the capital with her armies and dragons.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
It's hard to say without knowing the Night King's motivations/agenda. Given the existential threat he seems to represent though it's hypothetical but likely child borne from the union of Jon/Dany seems to fit the bill of the "prince that was promised."

yeah......I'm not arguing that point. Seems logical. But still I'll be pissed if after all of this it's Rumpelstiltskin II.

I mean, how lazy can you get?

I'll feel like Ralphie with the decoder ring.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad