GDT: Game no. 40: BLUES @ HABS | St-Louis vs. St-Louis | Saturday, Jan. 7th, 2023, 7PM -- CITY, SNE, TVAS, TSN690, 98.5 FM

Will the Habs win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

xX SEYF Xx

Apr 5, 2022
Montreal
ZU2cuuX.jpg
Hahahaha this one is epic 🤣🤣
awesome GDT

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Remember when Bergevin was going to build through the draft? Good times.
LOL.........yes, then over a 10 year period never got us a 1st once, until the OS to KK and he used it on Dvorak......
We now, have two guys, who know how to use the draft properly.
Moving forward eh...........

So close to breaching the bottom 5. Hopefully we lose tonight, but it's going to be close.
Gotta have FLA start losing again too...............we need TWO top 10 picks............ideally one of them in the top 5

Reactions: Rozz and Runner77

Tanknation

Feb 24, 2012
seasongon. that's great.

I think we win this one. too many losses in a row, we're due for a win. But look at that d, no number 1 or number 2 d man. We've got a number 3/4 and a bunch of 6/7s. wow.
30 games later.... guys I think we win this one. We are finally due.

Last edited:

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
Habs coming off a 7-game losing skid, further to their loss to the Rangers on Thursday.

It's the game that practically no one watched as our attention was consumed by the WJC finals. I took a few ganders during WJC intermissions and by comparison, the atmosphere at the Bell Centre felt like a mausoleum. But, that's to be expected given the high stakes of the WJC game.

For some reason, Armia scored. Jackeye managed an assist. And despite a lull in his performance during the last few weeks, Thicc Nick was named as the Habs' rep. to the All Star game, for those who care about such things. He remains a lethal threat that could emerge at any time.

AB2kpJf.gif

On the bad news front, the Habs officially provided updates on their injured players. Sadly, Guhle will be out for a minimum of 8 weeks. As for Monahan, Matheson and Gallagher, all of them are looking at a 2-week absence.

Gallagher in particular, has been a candidate for breakdowns, given how he continues to play a reckless game, damaging to himself and his team, despite now being 30 years old and taking useless penalties. As one poster put it, he's that broken animatronics life-sized character that you'd typically find at a Chuck E. Cheese restaurant that keeps soldiering on despite epic malfunctions and fails.

5LyZVzr.png

For those who haven't seen what an animatronics malfunction looks like, here are a couple of samples:

YFbeidi.gif

sTc4dK4.gif

With the team continuing on its slide and only having the prospect of a better draft pick to look forward to, some fans are becoming bored and impatient and are turning up the heat on Hughes.

ZLHfESA.gif

Jeff Gorton is not getting spared, even if he was referred to as "Gordin" in one of the forum threads. Fans are looking so deep into the future for any shred of good news they can get their hands on. One of them is what will happen with the Habs' projected cap surplus, once some of this season's deadweight clears the roster:

5Cj2NFm.gif

No need to worry, Gorton has everything under control. As an analytics proponent, he is working on an advanced geometric formula that may just do the trick.

ZU2cuuX.jpg

The Blues are in town for this tilt, their only visit at the Bell Centre this season.

0MfW1ve.gif

LINEUPS TBA

xHBpAJE.gif
Epic.

• Haha
Reactions: Runner77

MilesNewton

Jul 7, 2019
Always think they play well against the blues. They are familiar with them since i think a couple have homes there and train in the off season there.

L4br3cqu3

Matter of principle.
Sponsor
May 5, 2002
La Tuque
According to media by dressing Slaf this game this season will count for his RFA eligibility e.g. unlikely that he will go to Laval this year.

Weird, considering he'll be playing his 35th game, not his 40th.

bsl

Oct 9, 2009
Habs coming off a 7-game losing skid, further to their loss to the Rangers on Thursday.

It's the game that practically no one watched as our attention was consumed by the WJC finals. I took a few ganders during WJC intermissions and by comparison, the atmosphere at the Bell Centre felt like a mausoleum. But, that's to be expected given the high stakes of the WJC game.

For some reason, Armia scored. Jackeye managed an assist. And despite a lull in his performance during the last few weeks, Thicc Nick was named as the Habs' rep. to the All Star game, for those who care about such things. He remains a lethal threat that could emerge at any time.

AB2kpJf.gif

On the bad news front, the Habs officially provided updates on their injured players. Sadly, Guhle will be out for a minimum of 8 weeks. As for Monahan, Matheson and Gallagher, all of them are looking at a 2-week absence.

Gallagher in particular, has been a candidate for breakdowns, given how he continues to play a reckless game, damaging to himself and his team, despite now being 30 years old and taking useless penalties. As one poster put it, he's that broken animatronics life-sized character that you'd typically find at a Chuck E. Cheese restaurant that keeps soldiering on despite epic malfunctions and fails.

5LyZVzr.png

For those who haven't seen what an animatronics malfunction looks like, here are a couple of samples:

YFbeidi.gif

sTc4dK4.gif

With the team continuing on its slide and only having the prospect of a better draft pick to look forward to, some fans are becoming bored and impatient and are turning up the heat on Hughes.

ZLHfESA.gif

Jeff Gorton is not getting spared, even if he was referred to as "Gordin" in one of the forum threads. Fans are looking so deep into the future for any shred of good news they can get their hands on. One of them is what will happen with the Habs' projected cap surplus, once some of this season's deadweight clears the roster:

5Cj2NFm.gif

No need to worry, Gorton has everything under control. As an analytics proponent, he is working on an advanced geometric formula that may just do the trick.

ZU2cuuX.jpg

The Blues are in town for this tilt, their only visit at the Bell Centre this season.

0MfW1ve.gif

LINEUPS TBA

xHBpAJE.gif
Highly amusing agent 77. As usual. Sigh, the dark January days. Vodka in freezer. We will get through this. Picked up Jackeye in my pool because why not. He's butch bouchard or something and fun to watch.

Reactions: Runner77

Habs13

Dec 30, 2004
Montreal
At this point, I'm watching purely for the comedy value. I don't want to see wins. I want to see epic cock-ups from the soon-to-be jettisoned veteran has-beens and never-were elements that Bergevin the braindead left us in his inheritance. That man should be named an enemy of Quebec and banned from returning.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
At this point, I'm watching purely for the comedy value. I don't want to see wins. I want to see epic cock-ups from the soon-to-be jettisoned veteran has-beens and never-were elements that Bergevin the braindead left us in his inheritance. That man should be named an enemy of Quebec and banned from returning.

There's also a reason that he left and not a word from him since then.
Not an interview, no comments, nothing at all.

Sometime I really think he sabotage this team in the 6 months before he left knowing full well the only reason he was still there was Price made some miracle in that PO run and Molson couldn't get rid of him anymore. If MTL was out in that 1st round against Toronto, everybody knew he was gone, himself included.

Reactions: Habs13

bsl

Oct 9, 2009
I'm here for the loss!
I warn all of you. These are the easy hopeful years. When habs perhaps do contend and are in the finals for real, you will be shitting your pants with every penalty against and power play. I have seen about 10 finals and ruined ten pairs of trousers during them. Watching habs actually contend in the finals is painful and gut wrenching. Just letting all of you know. Be warned. Posted for the record

Reactions: Lshap and Runner77

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Weird, considering he'll be playing his 35th game, not his 40th.

It's just being on an NHL roster for 40 games not GP. Even Wright would have lost a year to UFA having played only 8 games. His loan to AHL & Team Canada still qualifies. Now, that he has been reassigned to junior it slides a year.

If Slafkovsky had been assigned to Laval, his year would have also slid. Basically, this season now qualifies as a season in the 7 seasons required to hit UFA, so he becomes UFA at 25.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad