last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Brian Elliott
Holtby
Andersen
Raanta
Halak
Reimer

I would be happier with any of them over desmith

Reimer went back to where he used to play.

Holtby is hurt.

Brian Elliott.. lol

This list is just names people recognize. Andersen is the only goaltender who is a clear improvement over Desmith this year and every goaltender looks good in Carolina.

Miro4Norris

Jan 24, 2021
Jarry's injury is horrible it would be important to have him even if we lost in the first round:

A) One year more without seeing Jarry proving himself in the playoffs

B) Easy excuse to management/coaching

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
You guys sure are sure freaking out when we dont even know how long he will be out. For all we know he could be ready for Game #1. Considering we started Zatkoff for a Game #1 once, I am not concerned yet.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
Well that’s why JR did it…Tampa has Vasi and Elliott for example…you need a goalie you can trust to start PO games if you fancy yourself a contender
When's the last time a backup had any real impact on a team winning the Cup? The only time in recent memory I can think of is the MAF/Murray thing, and that was an outlier because Murray was killing it all up through his career before hitting the NHL in full stride.

It's overblown. It was always gonna be Jarry or the Pens were f***ed. Halak, Andersen, etc. aren't changing that. I say that as someone who wanted the Pens to grab a better backup just in case, but it didn't really matter.

Miro4Norris

Jan 24, 2021

Holtby is hurt.

Brian Elliott.. lol

This list is just names people recognize. Andersen is the only goaltender who is a clear improvement over Desmith this year and every goaltender looks good in Carolina.
Elliott has been excellent backup this season. Do you think Holtby had that same injury if he played for Penguins? Raanta has been really good after getting healthy. Reimer has been solid even tho he plays behind horrible d. Kahkonen was acquired almost for free in dl to have room for Fleury, I would trust him too rather than CDS.

K Fleur

Sacrifice
Mar 28, 2014
I’ll never forgive Boston for making a black and gold jersey color scheme look like complete shit.

Reactions: Andy99

Darren McCord

Dec 15, 2015

Holtby is hurt.

Brian Elliott.. lol

You can’t just say a player is hurt now so they would have been still.

Elliot has been good and just resigned in Tampa no?

Fact is. There were options. But I also never really thought much of desmith

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
When's the last time a backup had any real impact on a team winning the Cup? The only time in recent memory I can think of is the MAF/Murray thing, and that was an outlier because Murray was killing it all up through his career before hitting the NHL in full stride.

It's overblown. It was always gonna be Jarry or the Pens were f***ed. Halak, Andersen, etc. aren't changing that. I say that as someone who wanted the Pens to grab a better backup just in case, but it didn't really matter.

Cam Ward

Reactions: Big Friggin Dummy

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
Just hope Jarry's not seriously hurt and it's not something that's gonna linger for a bit once he gets back. That's it. /shrug

Unfortunate injury. Maybe it could've been avoided if the team played Jarry less often, but whatever. The difference between Jarry and CDS the last 10ish games each have played has been minimal anyway.

-edit- The one reason I think this really sucks is because it gives the team an easy excuse if things go badly again in the playoffs. Allows a lot of potential sweeping under the rug of issues the team has had for years just to shrug and blame it on the injury alone. Like last playoff; Jarry shit the bed, yeah, but the scoring from big name guys was atrocious and Sully was a stubborn schmuck that torpedoed the lines like he always does. But nobody cared because Jarry shit his pants so that was the lightning rod. :laugh:

Last edited:

Pittsburgh1776

Aug 9, 2010
This is a blessing in disguise for Jarry. He needed rest. Sullivan wasn't going to give it to him. All we need to do is play good defense around CDS and Domingue, and score. Get through the first round.

Lol at all the people with the "We should have gotten another goalie takes" f*** off for real. None of you anticipated this happening to Jarry with 2 weeks left, don't be a fraud. Also, the negativity is pathetic. It doesn't matter what happens to the Penguins, it is ALWAYS bad and NEVER good, and we will NEVER overcome it. Until we do, again and again and again. No idea how most of you get out of bed in the morning. Maybe most of you don't.

Darren McCord

Dec 15, 2015
There were options. Most of which did not put up better numbers than Desmith prior to this season.

Desmith was bad in the AHL last year and slightly better in the nhl. Again I am not a big fan of him. I hope I’m wrong

I am happy they at least got dominque but I as hoping for a little more that’s all.

Dessloch

DOPS keeping NHL players unsafe like its their job
Nov 29, 2005
BOS fan saying they will avenge Crosbys collision with Bergeron tonight!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad