• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
I know it’s football but I couldn’t help but think of

bears-chicago-bears.gif

And WBS played the Bears last night so I was confused as to why @Zirakzigil made a GDT for it.

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
On a side note thank all of you who do the game day post. I am still working to grasp my "smart" phone and would do these if I was tech savy. But it is appreciated by us who are on this site. On to the issue of Jarry. I have long been confused why the Pens over decades continue to rebel against the garage league. If you know that Mario, then by all that is holy protect your stars since the league won't. The constant go after the Pens stars for decades is simply astounding how a owner wouldn't protect his assets from such abuse. Just my rant but Jarry who is key to everything playoffs get run by an unintentional Islander goon. Really Sullivan. I was hoping Hextall and Burke would at least tell Sully we need to have more grit and response to teams that will take every opportunity to drill Sid, Geno, Jake, Letang. But alas it just isn't a consideration.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017

Advanced stats matchup​

pitbos.JPG

“On paper, the Bruins outclass the Penguins in everything except PK goals against, goaltending, and expected goals at 5v5. The latter stat would, of course, mean more if Pittsburgh wasn’t also ranked 30th in finishing.”

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
man if they wanted to make one last run with this core why didn’t they upgrade on CDS? Such a important position to use a total scrub as a backup if you have any ambitions at all

I had been calling for this, an experienced vet backup, for most of the season…

Rakell67

Sep 28, 2017
PA
I had been calling for this, an experienced vet backup, for most of the season…
Yes, this falls on Hextall. 2016 and 17, Pens had 2 quality goalies. DeSmith may have been playing better close to the trade deadline but he's not a 1b goalie for a team with cup aspirations. But I have a feeling Domingue will somehow come up huge and help get the Pens thru the 1st round.

eXile3

Dec 12, 2020

Advanced stats matchup​

pitbos.JPG

“On paper, the Bruins outclass the Penguins in everything except PK goals against, goaltending, and expected goals at 5v5. The latter stat would, of course, mean more if Pittsburgh wasn’t also ranked 30th in finishing.”

This is cool. Any idea how finishing is calculated?

Beau Knows

Mar 4, 2013
Canada
man if they wanted to make one last run with this core why didn’t they upgrade on CDS? Such a important position to use a total scrub as a backup if you have any ambitions at all

It would have been a relatively inexpensive move too, no reason not to bring in a decent backup. Because we didn't we also ended up overplaying Jarry, which might be why he got hurt in the first place. Costly mistake.

Reactions: Andy99

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
So you would’ve traded a 1st and Poulin plus for Kuemper?
Yes, I would have given how Jarry looked coming off the last playoff series…most important position on the ice…we also could have signed Andersen in FA and didn’t

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
The thing is, it'd have been nice to get a better backup than CDS, but it probably doesn't matter. Backup goalies are backup goalies. If your starter gets injured heading right into the playoffs, you're probably f***ed unless you're in a weird position of having like an heir apparent like MAF/Murray several years ago.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
The thing is, it'd have been nice to get a better backup than CDS, but it probably doesn't matter. Backup goalies are backup goalies. If your starter gets injured heading right into the playoffs, you're probably f***ed unless you're in a weird position of having like an heir apparent like MAF/Murray several years ago.
Well that’s why JR did it…Tampa has Vasi and Elliott for example…you need a goalie you can trust to start PO games if you fancy yourself a contender

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad