GDT: Game LXX: Avalanche vs Rangers | 8 PM MT | Smarch 11, 2020

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
They'll probably follow along with the NBA. What that looks like no one knows, this has never happened.

Probably a 30 day thing. How they reschedule the remaining games I have no idea

AMDZen

ME in the RED Circle
Apr 7, 2010
Denver
Home.Page.ZeN
These events have insurance. If they can’t get insurance, then there is no event
We'll see what happens I guess but I doubt it will come to cancelation because not every team has a contract dispute with altitude and TV contracts are important too, not just Gate revenue

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
Might be the last Avs game for quite some time. Well on the bright side, if the season is delayed for 1-2 months, we'll finally have a fully healthy roster.

The dead may even rise.

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
We'll see what happens I guess but I doubt it will come to cancelation because not every team has a contract dispute with altitude and TV contracts are important too, not just Gate revenue
They might not be able to insure the games. Regardless of the crowd, the players and staff require insurance

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
Might be the last Avs game for quite some time. Well on the bright side, if the season is delayed for 1-2 months, we'll finally have a fully healthy roster.

The dead may even rise.
Blessing in disguise

Babel Salamander

Oct 9, 2017
Won't they just play in front of empty seats?

The potential of players being infected changes everything. They could easily spread it around to other players. Even though no NHL players have been diagnosed as of yet, it's just a matter of time.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Yes, this.

Not sure why people are saying they'd cancel them outright.

The NBA just suspended their season and I'd imagine the NHL will do the same. Many teams also share arenas so who knows what damage has already been done.

AMDZen

ME in the RED Circle
Apr 7, 2010
Denver
Home.Page.ZeN
They might not be able to insure the games. Regardless of the crowd, the players and staff require insurance
Why not? I am open to what you are saying but why wouldn't insurance be available? Cost is a bit of an issue sure since there isn't any gate revenue but the nhl will probably have to subsidize teams

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
Why not? I am open to what you are saying but why wouldn't insurance be available? Cost is a bit of an issue sure since there isn't any gate revenue but the nhl will probably have to subsidize teams
Because insurance companies are in the business of minimizing risk. The risk is too high

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
Apparently one of the players in the NBA tested positive
Yeah, that's why the NBA suspended their season. Funny part is that the player in question was actually mocking the virus just a few days a go.

Also heard the Tom Hanks cought it as well. I hope he's going to be okay. He's immunocompromised because he's a diabetic. I'm not ready for a world without Tom Hanks.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad