GDT: Game LXV: Flyers @ Avs **Know Your Fin(n)s Edition!** 9pm (ET) / 7pm (MT)

forsbergavs32

Global Moderator
Jan 21, 2011
Fresno,CA
Well, Bednar at least figured it the f*** out when it comes to the forwards for tonight.

Defensemen, however, he still f***ed up. In a 6-3 win and a 5-2 game after 40, Cale Makar played 25:31 and Devon Toews played 27:11!

Meanwhile:

Erik Johnson: 18:27
Josh Manson: 16:25
Jack Johnson: 16:21
Kurtis MacDermid: 14:02

I know MacDermid isn't the greatest but the other three can absolutely take some shifts from Makar and Toews. Just no sense running these guys into the ground night after night after night in the regular f***ing season.

I wonder if that’s a record for TOI for MacDermid. Dude has been good since he’s poor start to the year. I may actually prefer him on defense than at forward.

But yeah, Bednar needs to cut on down on the ice time for Toews and Makar. No reason to not have EJ and Manson playing more in a 5-2 game going into the 3rd.

Spleenless Wonder21

Done like dinner
Jun 29, 2009
Ohio
That's 6 losses
5 games = 6 losses…
1648270811243.gif

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Watched the game until the third period. I thought Manson was night and day better compared to the previous two games. I didn't like Makar today defensively and Francouz is amazing goaler but the goals he lets in gives me the "what, really dude?" reactions lol. Kadri was brilliant and Rantanen was actually passable.

Reactions: niwotsblessing

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Watched the full game but didn't pay super close attention... JTC played one of his best games of the season.

Actual depth scoring showing up was quite nice. Really think when we get healthy, the depth is going to look so much better as well. Lehkonen will change the bottom 6 a bunch.

MacDermid almost 15 minutes of ice time, he's come a long way with this team from where he was game 1 of the season. I still wouldn't trust him against a dangerous playoff team on Defense though. That said, I hope we re-sign him. He's obviously a great locker room guy, and that versatility to be both a 13th forward and a 7th Dman on any given night is a creative way to generate additional cap space by only needing a 22 man roster.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
FINALLY, am inspired effort from JTC.

Pretty easy win, Bednar rightfully pointed out that while Makar looked great offensively, he had two pretty bad defensive lapses. It happens. Also pointed out that Frankie made some big stops to keep the Avs in the game but the goals he did give up were kinda soft. First one was probably the worst.

Anyway this was total domination from beginning to end, Flyers looked like a team just wanting to get the season over with. The Avs kinda did too, and I can’t blame them.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com

Yeah, total domination. Not one single Avs player in negative or break-even metrics. Provorov the only Flyer to hit 50%.

I mean, the Flyers are essentially a skeleton crew at this point, lots of AHL scrubs on the roster, Konecny was hurt, and they played the night before. Good win for the Avs but ya damn well better win a game like this.

All that said, every time I see Rasmus Ristolainen play I swear he finds a new way to impress me with insanely terrible defense. I’m pretty sure he did more aimless wandering in his own zone tonight than Burakovsky has done the last ten games put together. I can’t believe Chuck Fletcher has been given the green light to run another franchise into perpetual mediocrity, but here we are. Except I think it’ll be way worse than his underwhelming stint in Minnesota.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
There were some defensive breakdowns but Avs poured it on all game. Even lines 3-4 had some prolonged shifts of possession in the offensive zone.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad