HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Game #Loss - 11.18.14 - vs Canes - 7:30 PM - FS Southwest - 1310 AM - 96.7 FM

StarsTx

Nov 9, 2014
I say let's go for the best 3 scoring lines in the league! My dream
2 seasons from now
Benn Seguin Ritchie
Eakin McDavid Nichushkin
Roussel Spezza ufa sniper
McKenzie Faksa Sceviour/Glennie/Garbutt

McKenzie moves up and down wherever they need him.
Every line has a 2 way player a playmaker and a goal scorer, unstoppable!

jason9090spezza

Oct 19, 2014
Japan
This team is such a ****ing joke lol

I'm just saying, this team will NOT get McDavid...just give up. With the cards that they have, I don't think they will "tank" until the chances for the playoffs are all gone. Tanking this early in the season with the guys they have right now is just pure embarrassment. If this organization has ANY pride, I hope they won't tank.

The worst case scenario is not making the playoffs, finishing in the mid-tier position for the draft, and Spezza leaving.

jason9090spezza

Oct 19, 2014
Japan
I say let's go for the best 3 scoring lines in the league! My dream
2 seasons from now
Benn Seguin Ritchie
Eakin McDavid Nichushkin
Roussel Spezza ufa sniper
McKenzie Faksa Sceviour/Glennie/Garbutt

McKenzie moves up and down wherever they need him.
Every line has a 2 way player a playmaker and a goal scorer, unstoppable!

Wouldn't it be better for Spezza being paired with the 1st/2nd line? I mean, if McDavid actually ends up being in Dallas, there won't really be a problem with Spezza being paired with Seguin/Benn (unlike now where they would rather have two scoring lines...which is failing massively lol).

Would u want to pay 5~6M per year/4~5 years for Spezza being this team's "3rd line center"? Nill can do better without paying that much money to Spezza (upgrade in defense). Sorry, but I just can't see this team re-signing Spezza and giving him 3rd line minutes.

The Sabres had a similar type of team in 06/07 (3 lines with quality top 6 forwards), and they were really good, but nobody on any of those lines were at the same calibre as Spezza was anyway (unless u want to call Briere or Drury at the same tier as Spezza was in 06/07).

StarsTx

Nov 9, 2014
I understand what your saying and you maybe right but Spezza played 12 minutes nights ago.. The pitbulls get there minutes now nomatter whether Spezza is on the second line or not...also Spezza won't beget ting any younger so limiting his minutes early in games wouldn't hurt. I would say 3 lines is good for not wearing anybody out and then if your tied or trailing in the 3rd make 2 super lines so to speak. The person who said we aren't getting McDavid is right, but what's the harm in looking at the best case scenario if we continue to suck?

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
This team is such a ****ing joke lol

I'm just saying, this team will NOT get McDavid...just give up. With the cards that they have, I don't think they will "tank" until the chances for the playoffs are all gone. Tanking this early in the season with the guys they have right now is just pure embarrassment. If this organization has ANY pride, I hope they won't tank.

The worst case scenario is not making the playoffs, finishing in the mid-tier position for the draft, and Spezza leaving.

Don't tell me what I can and cannot have. Momma always told me dreams come true

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
If by some chance we got the No. 1 pick shouldn't we use it on some stud D?

We have forwards. We would be like EDM stockpiling forwards and still losing because of our terrible D. Or, COL, who got McKinnon when they needed D. Worked for a while, but the metrics got them when the goalie wasn't hot.

Anyway, doubt it will come to that. We aren't that bad to sink to the bottom. I think we pick 6th or 7th right now. Need to look at the rest of the top 10 to see a more realistic look at who we might get.

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland

We have forwards. We would be like EDM stockpiling forwards and still losing because of our terrible D. Or, COL, who got McKinnon when they needed D. Worked for a while, but the metrics got them when the goalie wasn't hot.

Anyway, doubt it will come to that. We aren't that bad to sink to the bottom. I think we pick 6th or 7th right now. Need to look at the rest of the top 10 to see a more realistic look at who we might get.

I read "No. 1 pick" and "some stud D" in the same sentence, but ignored that defense crap and read McDavid.

The #1 pick this year isn't the same as drafting Taylor Hall, RNH or Yakupov. Connor McDavid is much better than any of those Oiler #1 overall picks.

If you have a chance at drafting the best junior hockey player since John Tavares or Sidney Crosby, you forget about your immediate defensive woes and you take it. Our defense prospect cupboard is stocked quite well. Our generational talent cupboard? Not so much.

If you have the #3 pick, you toy with the idea of taking a defenseman. Not #1 or #2.

OttMorrow

Sep 18, 2003
I read "No. 1 pick" and "some stud D" in the same sentence, but ignored that defense crap and read McDavid.

The #1 pick this year isn't the same as drafting Taylor Hall, RNH or Yakupov. Connor McDavid is much better than any of those Oiler #1 overall picks.

If you have a chance at drafting the best junior hockey player since John Tavares or Sidney Crosby, you forget about your immediate defensive woes and you take it. Our defense prospect cupboard is stocked quite well. Our generational talent cupboard? Not so much.

If you have the #3 pick, you toy with the idea of taking a defenseman. Not #1 or #2.

Pretty much. This is not the year to draft based on need if you get a top pick.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
No, you take one of the surefire superstar forwards. It would create an abundance of forward talent, but you could then trade someone like Benn for the stud D.

Jan 9, 2007
Australia
Who's the stud D you'd give up Benn for?

More likely you hope that Nichushkin comes back healthy, plays great, and you parlay him and a few really good prospects you won't need into legit help on D.

Rome wasn't built in a day. I would be fine with taking McDavid and moving forwards as need be given what we have in the cupboard. If down the line that doesn't prove to be enough help of defense you hope McD proves to be the real deal and whatever we haven't traded looks good in the pros and you look at trading Seguin for a king's ransom given his offense and amazing contract.

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
More likely you hope that Nichushkin comes back healthy, plays great, and you parlay him and a few really good prospects you won't need into legit help on D.

Rome wasn't built in a day. I would be fine with taking McDavid and moving forwards as need be given what we have in the cupboard. If down the line that doesn't prove to be enough help of defense you hope McD proves to be the real deal and whatever we haven't traded looks good in the pros and you look at trading Seguin for a king's ransom given his offense and amazing contract.

Aaron Rome disagrees

20130202_mjm_sz6_310.0_standard_352.0.jpg

ZeHockeyFan

Apr 9, 2014
Weber for Benn+ :naughty:

Looks to me like they're fine without Benn.

Wow, Nichushkin? Then again, it makes some sense. As good as he is and as big as he may be, to have injury problems and fatigue issues this early in his career may not be a good thing. Who knows how his career unfolds going forth.

Now that's something I don't understand and if that happens, it will be the end of the Nill-era in Dallas. Wouldn't it make sense to jettison Spezza and his blind drop passes and keep two young top centers to build a dynasty around?

Last edited:

Hull Fan

The Future is Now
Mar 21, 2007
Arlington, TX

No. You should never pass up on a generational talent. At worst Seguin moves to wing. With McDavid you can use Eakin+ to trade for a defender. They could move Eakin to wing and trade Nichushkin. (bad idea) Or they can trade Ritchie, Dillon, picks whatever.

Jan 9, 2007
Australia
Now that's something I don't understand and if that happens, it will be the end of the Nill-era in Dallas. Wouldn't it make sense to jettison Spezza and his blind drop passes and keep two young top centers to build a dynasty around?

Huh? In this scenario we are so bad Spezza does not re-sign here, we get the 1st OA pick, watch him for a year or more and then make that kind of a decision.

StarsTx

Nov 9, 2014
So much no being thrown out there. I don't care if Dallas had Crosby and Seguin on the team you must draft McEichel with a top 2 pick not a Dman, and you would never trade Seguin. Just because you add a great player at 1 position doesn't mean you have to get rid of one that's insane.

Jan 9, 2007
Australia
So much no being thrown out there. I don't care if Dallas had Crosby and Seguin on the team you must draft McEichel with a top 2 pick not a Dman, and you would never trade Seguin. Just because you add a great player at 1 position doesn't mean you have to get rid of one that's insane.

I didn't say have to, I said could. The gap between those two is pretty big.

Stargazer1111

Oct 19, 2014
I didn't say have to, I said could. The gap between those two is pretty big.

Are you talking about the gap between Seguin and Crosby?

I don't know if the gap is quite as big as even I would have thought in the past. Seguin is on pace for 60 goals this year. 10 more than Modano ever got.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad