HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Game #Loss - 11.18.14 - vs Canes - 7:30 PM - FS Southwest - 1310 AM - 96.7 FM

DangeRouss

Sep 6, 2014
Bordeaux, Fra
Aaron Rome disagrees

20130202_mjm_sz6_310.0_standard_352.0.jpg

well done sir :handclap: :laugh:

Klockis

Suter stan
Mar 21, 2013
Sweden
Are you talking about the gap between Seguin and Crosby?

I don't know if the gap is quite as big as even I would have thought in the past. Seguin is on pace for 60 goals this year. 10 more than Modano ever got.

Seguin is also sporting a 19,7 Shooting percentage, which is way above his career shooting percentage.

StarsTx

Nov 9, 2014
Sorry I saw the words trade Seguin and immediately went to **** no mode. In the scenario, I'd be great with trading big time prospects and maybe even Benn if forced to (although preferable not) but no way would Seguin be on the block). Like another said, the gap from Crosby to Seguin isn't that big, and players like that shouldn't be bartered for trade unless they are aging, injury prone, or bringing down the team in some way. I would even disagree with could trade Seguin as I see him as the face of the franchise.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
Oh, I agree with that. Seguin is this team's best player.

I'm not advocating trading Benn. I only brought it up in this distant hypothetical where the Stars land one of these generational talents at forward and find themselves with a whole lot of star talent at forward and could think about trading some of that for help on D.

Hull Fan

The Future is Now
Mar 21, 2007
Arlington, TX
Yeah you add to Seguin, McEichel and trade whichever of Eakin, Nuke, Ritchie you least need going forward. There's enough talent on the roster that Dallas could trade for at least one defender to add to the kids going next year.

Jan 9, 2007
Australia
Sorry I saw the words trade Seguin and immediately went to **** no mode. In the scenario, I'd be great with trading big time prospects and maybe even Benn if forced to (although preferable not) but no way would Seguin be on the block). Like another said, the gap from Crosby to Seguin isn't that big, and players like that shouldn't be bartered for trade unless they are aging, injury prone, or bringing down the team in some way. I would even disagree with could trade Seguin as I see him as the face of the franchise.

I would disagree about the face of the franchise/best player thing. If we can keep this discussion in house without a bunch of B's fans spamming the conversation about the past, I'm going to say that until Seguin shows he can be a dominant force in the playoffs, for any duration, Benn is our best player. I think Seguin was ok in the playoffs for us last year. I think Benn went man bear pig beast mode.

The other thing I would add is that if we are just talking value of a player, Benn's contract is up sooner than Seguin's at which time he will likely be making more money per year. Seguin has that beauty of a contract that is worth a ton in the trade market.

I also think the gap between Seguin and Crosby is quite a bit bigger than you are making it out to be until he proves otherwise.

Edit: And if you go back and read my original post mentioning Seguin as a possible trade piece in the not-near future you would see that I said Nichushkin would be my first piece to dangle. If you go all **** no mode on me for that I don't know what to say.

ZeHockeyFan

Apr 9, 2014
A rumor I had not heard at the time I made that post, if it indeed had been circulated when I typed it up over a day ago.

Nonetheless, it's still surprising that this rumor came up during what is arguably one of the worst possible stages this franchise has gone through.

I guess now we've to talk about jettisoning Spezza down the road, if we acquire McDavid, after all :P.

StarsTx

Nov 9, 2014
I read that and I would definitely agree Nichushkin would be our first major trade chip. My question is if you were doing a draft and could pick one player on the Stars would you really pick Benn over Seguin? Yes, Benn was the man in the playoffs last year, and really good in the Olympics, but if I had to choose personally, I'd take Seguin every day without a hesitation right now. Of course, I believe Seguin is a top 5 player in the game offensively. I would also say one reason I see Seguin as the face of the franchise is his becoming a top player at his age after coming to Dallas and his arrival led to a team with success making the playoffs. Fair or not, kid comes to Dallas - becomes elite player - Dallas makes playoffs - same kid next season leads the league in goals and team in scoring - to me that's the recipe for him to be the face of the franchise. I also believe his acquisition reenergized the fan base.

Jan 9, 2007
Australia
Nonetheless, it's still surprising that this rumor came up during what is arguably one of the worst possible stages this franchise has gone through.

I guess now we've to talk about jettisoning Spezza down the road, if we acquire McDavid, after all :P.

We? I swear I haven't seen you post around here before three pages ago in this thread. I thought you were a Wings fan.

I read that and I would definitely agree Nichushkin would be our first major trade chip. My question is if you were doing a draft and could pick one player on the Stars would you really pick Benn over Seguin? Yes, Benn was the man in the playoffs last year, and really good in the Olympics, but if I had to choose personally, I'd take Seguin every day without a hesitation right now. Of course, I believe Seguin is a top 5 player in the game offensively. I would also say one reason I see Seguin as the face of the franchise is his becoming a top player at his age after coming to Dallas and his arrival led to a team with success making the playoffs. Fair or not, kid comes to Dallas - becomes elite player - Dallas makes playoffs - same kid next season leads the league in goals and team in scoring - to me that's the recipe for him to be the face of the franchise. I also believe his acquisition reenergized the fan base.

Yes, I would take Benn over Seguin. Call me crazy or whatever but I don't think that's a crazy position to take. However, I would take Crosby or Malkin over Benn since I don't put Seguin in that discussion with those guys. I must be off my rocker.

StarsTx

Nov 9, 2014
Fair enough Glovesave, agree to disagree I guess lol.
For the record, I think McDavid Seguin would be exactly like Crosby Malkin!
McDavid = Crosby
Seguin = Malkin (both can play great on the wing and will at times but are much more valuable as centers)

ZeHockeyFan

Apr 9, 2014
We? I swear I haven't seen you post around here before three pages ago in this thread. I thought you were a Wings fan.

I am not a Wings fan. I don't know what gave you that impression. I do like the Stars and am developing a vested interest.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad