GDT: GAME LI: Canucks @ Avalanche...wait...there's hockey again?

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto
Not to defend the goalies, but the D and forwards aren’t making it easy on them. We straight up suck. It would be nice to have a goalie who can make those timely saves, though.

I think goaltenders were the start of the pitfall. We played well 20 games ago, but goaltenders couldn't save a thing and now the team looks hopeless because even If they try they will end up losing, because of bad goaltending.

Now the rest of the team is on the same level as goaltenders. Loss of confidence.

Mighty Makar

I hate this fu*ken team
May 24, 2016
The trade deadline is in 3 weeks. The boys better pull up their f***en socks. If not, trade who we can, but who wants some of these guys?

Soedy

All Hail Cale
Nov 27, 2012
Hamburg, Germany
I think goaltenders were the start of the pitfall. We played well 20 games ago, but goaltenders couldn't save a thing and now the team looks hopeless because even If they try they will end up losing, because of bad goaltending.

Now the rest of the team is on the same level as goaltenders. Loss of confidence.

Exactly. That's why I think a trade for a goalie could save this season. Let him come in, make some huge saves and give this team their mojo back. If we get back to our pre-december form, we'll make the POs

crue7

Jul 30, 2011
Mississauga, Ontario
The entire game Mack was on a line with Wilson and Kerfoot. He put first line together for one or two shifts and that’s the only time things happened. An entire game with zero adjustments. Coach Bednar ladies and gentlemen lol. Starting Varly and that bullshit lol guy is way over his head and everything has sucked since him and Mack got into an argument. Coincidence I think NOT!

I’m all aboard the fire Bednar train now. 9 days to strategize and this is what we get. New lines he’s stubborn to change. Great. Where the f*** is graves? He’s been outplaying nemeth and Barbie and still rides the pine. WHY? Bednar is lost and out to f***ing lunch

Varly needs to be shot to the moon. Absolutely unacceptable for the last couple months. Injuries have obviously done him in. I don’t care about def breakdowns! You don’t have a sub .800 performance as a goaltender in the nhl unless it’s a rare performance. This has been varly for almost 2 months and it’s been floating around that every game and It’s completely unacceptable!

Last edited:

forsbergavs32

Global Moderator
Jan 21, 2011
Fresno,CA
This team really needs another purge like in summer of 17...coaching staff and the team. I defended Bednar up until this year, he just doesn’t know how to make adjustments or evaluate talent. There is absolutely no reason to have Nemeth in over Graves at this point, I don’t care if Graves can be waived, he needs to be here playing now because neither Barberio or Nemeth are worth anything right now.

Reactions: klozge and MrPeePee

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
As for Bednar, once again he showed terrific adjustements in game. Really tried everything in his power to spark the team, from his energetic demeanor on the bench, to constant line shuffling. It was great to see how he realized how stupid it was to break up the first line and got them back together.

Reactions: klozge

crue7

Jul 30, 2011
Mississauga, Ontario
As for Bednar, once again he showed terrific adjustements in game. Really tried everything in his power to spark the team, from his energetic demeanor on the bench, to constant line shuffling. It was great to see how he realized how stupid it was to break up the first line and got them back together.
Sarcasm is the only thing keeping us sane. I mean nemeth is playing over graves lmfao. Nemeth, the guy who iced the puck so hard he got a delay of game. f***ing baseballs the puck and has more leeway than anyone else

Last edited:

Grigowski

Jul 6, 2016
This season is over.

This whole team is done. 5-1, on home ice, against Vancouver ??? SERIOUS?? :ha::huh:

This team and coaching staff had 9 days to figure it out and we get that shitshow?

Bednar has lost the locker room. So he needs to be gone. If Sakic hasn´t the balls then he needs to go too. Enough of this. Collect as many pieces as you can for some of our lazy divas.

I´m looking forward to the Draft. if we´re lucky we will have 2 top 5 picks. At least something to hope for.....

Sums it up:

Reactions: Colorado Avalanche

James G

Jan 1, 2018
If Bednar had lost the locker room, it seems to me that the Avs wouldn’t consistently outshoot the other team. I see effort, along with some stone hands and mental lapses.

Reactions: MacBradley

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
I'd rather keep the top line broken up if we're missing the playoffs. They'll produce whenever they'll play together, might as well keep Rants cost down and see if he can drive his own line in his contract year.

Reactions: MrPeePee

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
It's a real comedy listening to Bednar after every loss, he has an excuse for each loss. Today's loss he said no one was checking or something like that. One game it's the goaltending, one game it's the effort was there but few defensive breakdowns, one game it's the special teams etc etc...when does this stupidity end? The coaches and the players gotta stop making dumb excuses for every loss and talk about what really is wrong with the team. They are just mentally fragile bunch again falling apart, there are no excuses. Players have given up again just like they have before in years past.

I've heard all this bullshit excuses before, I've heard Landeskog making empty promises before that the team will put it all together and they never did. Someone gotta come out and talk about what really is wrong with this team. The only one I've seen showing any type of emotion was MacKinnon, whether or not it was wrong yelling at the coach, but that was the only time I saw anyone in the whole organization show emotion

Last edited:

jvcjdudu jcycyxjene

Nov 11, 2014
Denver
It's a real comedy listening to Bednar after every loss, he has an excuse for each loss. Today's loss he said no one was checking or something like that. One game it's the goaltending, one game it's the effort was there but few defensive breakdowns, one game it's the specialty teams etc etc...when does this stupidity end? The coaches and the players gotta stop making dumb excuses for every loss and talk about what really is wrong with the team. They are just mentally fragile bunch again falling apart, there are no excuses. Players have given up again just like they have before in years past.

I've hear all this bull**** excuses before, I've heard Landeskog making empty promises before that the team will put it all together and they never did. Someone gotta come out and talk about what really is wrong with this team. The only one I've seen showing any type of emotion was MacKinnon, whether or not it was wrong yelling at the coach, but that was the only time I saw anyone in the whole organization show emotion
They've really overemphasized the whole "stay even-keeled" thing. Now our guys are so even-keeled they don't even mind losing.

Reactions: the_fan

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
I'd rather keep the top line broken up if we're missing the playoffs. They'll produce whenever they'll play together, might as well keep Rants cost down and see if he can drive his own line in his contract year.
Lol

Yah let's sabotage our 22 year old elite wingers season to save some money on his contract.

I swear half the people on these boards think that this is fantasy hockey and not real life.

We're 1 game out of the playoffs, with 31 games left.

Yah we've been terrible, but we won't be terrible forever.

Sure as hell aren't going to sabotage our own chances at success.

Reactions: MacBradley

kl35ha

Oct 19, 2017
Lol

Yah let's sabotage our 22 year old elite wingers season to save some money on his contract.

I swear half the people on these boards think that this is fantasy hockey and not real life.

We're 1 game out of the playoffs, with 31 games left.

Yah we've been terrible, but we won't be terrible forever.

Sure as hell aren't going to sabotage our own chances at success.

Love your optimism but come on now...what make you think we’re breaking out soon? It been over two freaking months and after a long freaking break, we came out playing even worst. Unless Bednar is fire or for the love of god shake god give Frank a try and hope he’s the next Roy or replace some trash players to bring a bit of life back into this team...but at this point I don’t see any of it happening because Sakic is stubborn AF

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
Love your optimism but come on now...what make you think we’re breaking out soon? It been over two freaking months and after a long freaking break, we came out playing even worst. Unless Bednar is fire or for the love of god shake god give Frank a try and hope he’s the next Roy or replace some trash players to bring a bit of life back into this team...but at this point I don’t see any of it happening because Sakic is stubborn AF
You're right. You should call the Avalanche and tell them your ideas.

An entire team of people who have dedicated their life to hockey, and meticulously analyze it every day, have no idea what to do.

These players are lost. Bednar doesn't know what he's doing, and has somehow FLUKED his way into an NHL coaching job.

I understand they're struggling, but let's try and be realistic.

Reactions: James G

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Why did Bednar think splitting up the top line would prevent our goaltending from sucking?

Even though we can’t win hockey games we’ve still been scoring goals. The top line is the main reason for that. If you take that away you get exactly what last night was. Instead of a 5-4 game it’s a 5-1 game.

Since December 31st we’ve had a goaltender reach a .900 sv% a grand total of 3 times. If we’re going to keep rolling with that goaltending duo, fine. But don’t take those frustrations out on the 3 guys who have still been carrying their weight.

The scoring has been there. Don’t split that up. Fix the obvious issue at hand.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad