Post-Game Talk: Game IX Loss to Quacks: We didnt deserve to win that

Status
Not open for further replies.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007

"I think there are areas of his game where we can help him and challenge him to grow defensively." -- Sullivan

It's like - just f*** off, you arrogant moron.

If you're a coach and your team acquires the Norris winner who just put up the most points by a defenseman in 30 years or whatever, you ask him how he wants to play. You don't change one iota of his game.

And we've already seen the results of Sullivan's coaching. Karlsson's creativity looks more neutered every game.
Penguins neutered Iginla... who else?
That is the first rate sign that you have now lost the plot entirely... when you get guys who are very good at a particular area and then proceed to want OTHER areas outside his specialty.... the guy needs to be hauled out from the HC position IMMEDIATELY!

Reactions: Sideline

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I can certainly fault Sullivan for failing to address a PP that has sucked for over two years now and shows zero sign of getting better, even with the addition of EK65. Our 5-3 is also a joke unless one Jones's to watch useless passing drills.

I'd love for you to provide specific strategy as to how to "upgrade on Jarry". We have essentially no cap space, and are obligated to pay Jarry $5,375,000 annually until the 2027-2028 season, and he pockets a modified no trade clause. Please share a viable plan explaining your upgrade strategy. Specifics would be ducky.

If Rakell sucked less perhaps, optimistically, we would possibly have one or two more wins at best right now. He is bad, but hardly the reason this team is horrible.

As for Carter, his situation is much like Jarry's, just shorter. He is on his last year of a overpaid contract with a NMC. How the hell do you propose we GTFO of his terrible contract? You do realize we have very limited assets/futures to trade?

I look forward to being enlightened.
If you're good at something, you don't do it for free. And in all honesty, I don't really care if your team ever gets fixed or not. I just came by like a fast-food window, just here to pick up my food and then leave for another random board.

molon labe

Jul 13, 2016
Florida
Yeah, a 100pt defenseman who can skate like the wind, with a phenomenal passing ability and great shot is cool. But what if we could turn him into a Paul Martin clone?

Given the choice, Sully would ice 6 Ruhwedel's over what we have now. The bottom 12 would be all ZAR's.

Trust the process. New quote for us all to live and ....well more likely die by this year. Can't wait for the next Brayden Yager in this years' draft.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
Given the choice, Sully would ice 6 Ruhwedel's over what we have now. The bottom 12 would be all ZAR's.

Trust the process. New quote for us all to live and ....well more likely die by this year. Can't wait for the next Brayden Yager in this years' draft.
I don't know if Yager's gonna pan out, but people who are very knowledgeable about prospects had him pegged as a top-5 talent before his draft year, and many of those same people attributed his drop off in goal scoring to the guy trying to shift to playing a more well-rounded game. /shrug He might end up being a steal, and he's been doing pretty well this season so far in Jr. People just have to accept the fact that guys outside the top-5 usually take a while to develop since it's not the NFL where dudes are drafted at 22/23.

But yeah, to your first point, Sullivan's the poster boy for what sucks about the NHL and its coaching. Play 'em to a draw, no-event hockey rules the day.

Reactions: Buddy Bizarre

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ

"I think there are areas of his game where we can help him and challenge him to grow defensively." -- Sullivan

If you're a coach and your team acquires the Norris winner who just put up the most points by a defenseman in 30 years or whatever, you ask him how he wants to play. You don't change one iota of his game.

And we've already seen the results of Sullivan's coaching. Karlsson's creativity looks more neutered every game.
It rules that our coach would be too dumb for Idiocracy.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009

I'm starting to hate Sullivan more than I did Bylsma during his latter years here. The sheer arrogance of Sullivan with his "we'll fix this player" bullshit is staggering.

I can't wait until Sullivan's fired and the new team that's duped into signing him gets this turd version who keeps failing to make the playoffs and can't figure out why the roster doesn't play "the right way".

CascadiaPenguin

Sponsor
Jul 5, 2017
The Salish Sea
If you're good at something, you don't do it for free. And in all honesty, I don't really care if your team ever gets fixed or not. I just came by like a fast-food window, just here to pick up my food and then leave for another random board.
Crap food is the perfect metaphor for this waste of time. Enjoy your biggie fries.

Penguins neutered Iginla... who else?
That is the first rate sign that you have now lost the plot entirely... when you get guys who are very good at a particular area and then proceed to want OTHER areas outside his specialty.... the guy needs to be hauled out from the HC position IMMEDIATELY!
Nice parallel! :thumbu:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad