GDT: GAME IV - 10/11/18 5pm Colorado @ Buffalo: The Rasmussance

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Can't believe I am saying this, but Nemeth adds such a more calm demeanor on the back-end there.

Why you can't believe you're saying this? Nemeth is a solid bottom pairing defenseman who's not getting half the credit he should get.

Nemeth is like the anti Zadorov on this board. Z can do almost everything wrong and still have tons of fans while Nemeth will do almost everything right and still have tons of haters (not saying you personally do that).

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Why you can't believe you're saying this? Nemeth is a solid bottom pairing defenseman who's not getting half the credit he should get.

Nemeth is like the anti Zadorov on this board. Z can do almost everything wrong and still have tons of fans while Nemeth will do almost everything right and still have tons of haters (not saying you personally do that).
I like Nemeth, but just because he's a shotblock warrior doesn't deem him as a good player. Last year for instance, I thought he was all over the place and not in a good way. So far, he has cleaned his game up good and not even icing the puck either.

That doesn't shock you? Zadorov is the main piece back in the O'Reilly trade, which is considered a major one in our club's history. Of course fans will want to see good things with Big Z. Actually, I think a lot of Nemeth's icings are prevented because Zadorov is the one who tends to pass the puck out of the zone on occasion.

Reactions: klozge

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007

Hey now, some of us have vocally defended both. Nemo does a great job at his role and in a pinch as the defensive anchor on the 2nd pairing. He seems better than Cole to me so far, but Cole has had his moments too.

Honestly I like this whole defense (minus Barbs) for the first time in a long long time.

Balthazar

Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
I like Nemeth, but just because he's a shotblock warrior doesn't deem him as a good player. Last year for instance, I thought he was all over the place and not in a good way. So far, he has cleaned his game up good and not even icing the puck either.

He was OK last year until they started overusing him. When they keep him in a #4 or #5 role he's usually rock solid.

Balthazar

Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Hey now, some of us have vocally defended both. Nemo does a great job at his role and in a pinch as the defensive anchor on the 2nd pairing. He seems better than Cole to me so far, but Cole has had his moments too.

I honestly don't think he has the puck skills to stay on the 2nd pairing long term. PK + 5th dman is ideal for him.

Last edited:

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
I honestly don't think he has the puck stills to stay on the 2nd pairing long term. PK + 5th dman is ideal for him.

Agreed. But in a pinch he does the job. As opposed to Barbie who makes me want to gouge my eyes out almost as bad as Hunwick did short of his miracle goal.

I miss Jan Hejda. Quiet but ever so effective top 4 shutdown defender.

agentblack

Apr 11, 2011
New York City

Because he's not part of our destiny

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
Agreed. But in a pinch he does the job. As opposed to Barbie who makes me want to gouge my eyes out almost as bad as Hunwick did short of his miracle goal.

I miss Jan Hejda. Quiet but ever so effective top 4 shutdown defender.

Even Barbs is not awful as a 7th D. Hes just not a good partner for Z but was really good with Nemeth.

Cole’s play has made me eat my words for saying we didnt need him. Hes been very good outside of a few plays with the puck. Excellent partner for Barrie.

Reactions: 21

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
That Buffalo team is bad.

They did need a shakeup... but i'm not quite sure trading ROR is the type of trade they needed to make. Seems very short-sighted to put all your cards on a 19 yr old Middlestadt to fill in as the #2C. I guess they were expecting Berglund to take more of the defensive duties and Middlestadt to get more offensive zone starts, but it's just poor management IMO.

I do like some of their acquisitions this offseason, but subtracting elite talent like ROR isn't the way to get a head when no clear replacement. I said it before the season started, but Buffalo looks like a team made of a bunch of players mish-mashed together.

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
That Buffalo team is bad.

They did need a shakeup... but i'm not quite sure trading ROR is the type of trade they needed to make. Seems very short-sighted to put all your cards on a 19 yr old Middlestadt to fill in as the #2C. I guess they were expecting Berglund to take more of the defensive duties and Middlestadt to get more offensive zone starts, but it's just poor management IMO.

I do like some of their acquisitions this offseason, but subtracting elite talent like ROR isn't the way to get a head when no clear replacement. I said it before the season started, but Buffalo looks like a team made of a bunch of players mish-mashed together.

They should have done a cleasing of dead weights like we did instead of trading away a solid core piece. And if u do trade him away, u gotta get a package like we got for Duchene.

Peter The Great
Aug 17, 2005
Sweden
If I understand it correctly the Sabres are keeping Alex Nylander in the AHL, this is a guy I would like Avalanche tro try, make it happen Sakic.

Alex is an incredibly talanted sniper and I love his one timers (almost on a Ovechkin, Laine kind of level). Sometimes Alex self confidence actually makes me laugh, humiliating his opponents.

This is a perfect season for Sabres trying their young talents and I can't understand why they are doing this. Perhaps they actually thought they had a chance reaching the playoffs this season?

Last edited:

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
Happy for Jost, he is doing a great job defensively so it's nice to see him get rewarded. The entire 2nd line is looking great. That pass by Ty was otherworldly, just a perfect bullet, tape to tape. As for the 1st line, they still don't look as dangerous and as engaged as they did last year, but every time they step on the ice you expect something to happen, you can sense that the other team's D is shaking every time Nate gets the puck with a bit of daylight in front of him. Varly is having a great start to the season, hopefully, he continues strong.

klozge

Avs
Jul 19, 2009
Espelkamp, Germany
How did kamenev look?
5b223ad1ae77474509dff215c6bbd5cc.jpg

Didn't get to play a lot (linemates spent half of the evening killing penalties) and fell down a couple of time Rantanen style, though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad