Post-Game Talk: | Game #III | Pens vs Habs | OTL | Whole lotta yuck

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
I feel like this was an example of what Canadians fans meant when they said Petry was inconsistent and it truly prevents him from being a #1 defenseman.

Kinda a head case that shoots himself in the foot every now and then. I guess you could say he and Letang are similar in that.

None of those penalties are getting called in the playoffs so who cares.

SergeConstantin74

Always right.
Jul 7, 2007
I feel like this was an example of what Canadians fans meant when they said Petry was inconsistent and it truly prevents him from being a #1 defenseman.

Kinda a head case that shoots himself in the foot every now and then. I guess you could say he and Letang are similar in that.

Petry will always be a good 3rd but to be fair, his kid being in the hospital right now must not be easy for a dad playing a game.

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
dman really struggled tonight, all but Rutta, Tanger was terrible from the very start, Petry kind of still finding himself so far this ain't what I thought we are getting from him, Dumo was waht we think he is now, he can't cary Tanger anymore when Tanger has one of these nights...

Sid and Jake hit an infamous PGH media curse beatifing them after two games, see this one from 30000 feet high, I know Carter gets points somehow, but he is our worst forward by a lot, really don't understand him on PK, he is so slow there, somehow thinking that waving his stick will fool someone without moving feet...

CDS was good and thats super important

looking forward to see Letang and Petry being Letang and Petry we hope they will be

Reactions: Andy99

Miro4Norris

Jan 24, 2021
Ffs I was yelling ten seconds to "elite defensive dman" Dumo to keep his man on the ot..

Joseph is not NHL level I don't care, lose him by waivers I want Smith.

I haven't understood the Petry hype and this game was awful.

Fire Pettersson to the moon and Carter can go too.

3ladesof5teel

Feb 20, 2012
Really disappointing to see the same team as before emerge tonight. It's hard not to think this season is destined to be just like the previous few.
I mean good teams lose to shitty teams all the time....just look at the leafs tonite at home its a loooong season

Sure we should have had the 2 but Montreal is a pretty good shitty team who has some great young talent and a bunch of players (Anderson, Monahan, Drouin, etc) who could find their form and be really good players in the league. They definitely weren't going to let the pens come in and push them around. Their top 6 is pretty nice

CC and Suzuki could be stars

Reactions: TooManyHumans

Tender Rip

Wears long pants
Feb 12, 2007
Shanghai, China
holy f*** that was f***ing pathetic

2 goal lead going into the 3rd vs the worst f***ing team in the east and you f***ing blow it.

f***ing LOSERS
14 years of expletives loaded rants after every loss. Don't you ever tire of losing your top?

Anyway, that was obviously a pretty pathetic outcome... and performance... by most players on the team.
Line 2 was good, but that was pretty much it.

Montreal will feel happy about the Petry and Poehling deal after tonight, and hometown boy Letang continued his trend of being absolutely pants playing in Montreal. His 9-24 corsi numbers well reflect the performance.

Ah well, if they thought they were too great to have to work for it, looking at L1 in particular as L4 (which was also baaad) just isn't any better, then they now know that isn't the case.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
EM-sTaCXkAUbGq2

THEY f***ING LOST A f***ING GAME IN f***ING OVERTIME IN f***ING MID-OCTOBER I AM VERY ANGRY AND TOTALLY NOT A f***ING PSYCHOPATH

Flying Dego

Apr 30, 2013
For as bad as we played tonight I'm just fine with a point. The team wasn't prepared.

DeSmith had a real nice game. The 2nd line had some good looks and hard to compliment much else.

Reactions: Pancakes

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad