Post-Game Talk: | Game #III | Pens vs Habs | OTL | Whole lotta yuck

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
Let a point get away, ah well. Slopfest hockey from the Pens all night long. Geno was about the only forward who showed up. Not sure any blueliner did.

Dumo is El Stinko Gigante. Can't wait for like four more seasons of that.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
anyone who thinks Carter should be on PK does not deserve to coach in NHL
He’s on our #1 PK unit lol

anyway, I guess we’re not going 82-0 this season…boys didn’t show up a lot, but they seemed highly scared on MTL’s speed…played like old guys…CDS and Geno got us a point at least…didn’t look like they wanted to outwork the kids…I’m not surprised…this team always plays us tough as do the Kings, who are our next opponent…we’ll lose that one too and some of us will really jump off the bridge lol

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
The PK in OT was inexcuseable. I get it's 4 on 3 but there was ZERO pressure. At no point was a Canadian player pressured in that final sequence. Carter should NOT be out there in that situation.

Great night for the 2nd line I though, first line was okay - plenty of good stuff from Rakell.

Petry was good on the ice but man alive, you can't take 3 penalties. I don't care if they were weak calls. 3 is too many, especially in OT.

Reactions: Buddy Bizarre

canadianguy77

Apr 20, 2006
Petry is beginning to sour on me a bit. Some pretty dumb penalties from him and passing to Geno who was pretty much below the goal line in OT was beyond dumb. This was probably Jakes worst game since March.

Hope it was just the guys not being up for a game because we’re in trouble if this is what we look like against young, quick, well-coached teams.

Reactions: Andy99

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
Let a point get away, ah well. Slopfest hockey from the Pens all night long. Geno was about the only forward who showed up. Not sure any blueliner did.
I kinda look at it more like we were lucky to get a point. I know we could have had two, but we didnt even deserve one

FunkySeeFunkyDo

Aug 3, 2014
Season’s over! What the hell Sleepy doing re-signing Letang and Malkin? CDS blows as a back-up. Argle barge! Ok, I feel better. LA at home on Thursday and then onto Cowtown, Ohio and then Western Canada and Seattle. Hey, if before the season started you knew the Pens would get 5 points from their first three games you’d like it.

Reactions: Hockeygod66

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
Pens got trolled

s-l400.jpg
Rick Trolled?

TooManyHumans

May 4, 2018
Really disappointing to see the same team as before emerge tonight. It's hard not to think this season is destined to be just like the previous few.

Trade

Guentzel is ELITE
Apr 13, 2015
+we got a point

Game could have easily been a blowout for MTL.

On to the next one.

Reactions: reino

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I feel like this was an example of what Canadians fans meant when they said Petry was inconsistent and it truly prevents him from being a #1 defenseman.

Kinda a head case that shoots himself in the foot every now and then. I guess you could say he and Letang are similar in that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad